Wii Limited Ed Red or Black: $139.97: Costco clearance (YMMV?)

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
Seems like Costco is trying to clear these suckers out (possibly due to the upcoming announcement of the next Nintendo console).

Red Mario Bundle Limited edition comes with Red system, Red Wiimote+, Red Nunchuck, WiiSports, and New Super Mario Bros Wii (neither with a case) (this is the only way you can get the red controllers I think)

Black WiiSports Resort Limited edition comes with Black Wii, Black Wiimote+, Black Nunchuck, WiiSports and WiiSports Resort (neither with a case)

Hmm, tempted to pick up a second Wii (in red). Would I be able to trade NSMB into EB (since I already own it), even though it comes with no case? I mean, I know I'll be able to get the credit for it at EB, but would I be able to use it for something like a Powertrade when it has no case?

Last edited by a moderator:
actually you cant trade the games in because they only dont come in a box like other wii games; ebgames simply won't accept them

[quote name='wrathchild']actually you cant trade the games in because they only dont come in a box like other wii games; ebgames simply won't accept them[/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't know that, I thought they'd take it but that it probably wouldn't qualify to use with any promos. Well I guess it's good thing common sense won out and I decided not to purchase the red wii this afternoon.

[quote name='cswloo']Really? I didn't know that, I thought they'd take it but that it probably wouldn't qualify to use with any promos. Well I guess it's good thing common sense won out and I decided not to purchase the red wii this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Um... you could always trade in the copy you already own and keep the new one... right?

Also, you could print a cover from TheCoverProject.net, stuff it in a white case with the manual and such and they'd probably take it.

[quote name='UncleBob']Also, you could print a cover from TheCoverProject.net, stuff it in a white case with the manual and such and they'd probably take it.[/QUOTE]
New Super Mario Bros Wii would require a red case, which isn't as easily found. If you already own a copy and are willing to give up your copy's case, you could trade in the second copy though.

[quote name='Derfel']Um... you could always trade in the copy you already own and keep the new one... right?[/QUOTE]

I suppose that would work, but I've already decided to skip this deal. It's not like I need to buy a red wii, and the idea of trading NSMB didn't affect my decision one way or another. I've had my eye on one (I like the colour), and got it into my head that 'I must have it', when I saw this deal. But I then decided that there are other things I should be putting money towards at the moment. They'll probably drop a bit more everywhere else once Nintendo announces the Wii 2 anyway, so I might as well wait.

[quote name='Winnopeg']New Super Mario Bros Wii would require a red case, which isn't as easily found. If you already own a copy and are willing to give up your copy's case, you could trade in the second copy though.[/QUOTE]

Considering the used Wii games traded in in regular DVD cases (or 360 cases), I can't imagine they'd be too picky to require the red case. If they did, though, they're like $1.25-$1.50 from Nintendo

bread's done
Back