(Wii) MadWorld = $11.99 @ Amazon.com (Sold by Amazon)

[quote name='Chronis']If you own a Wii and don't own Madworld, you need to either turn in your gamer card or your Wii.[/QUOTE]It's actually a really repetitive and boring game despite the supposed over-the-top nature the game tries to sell you on...

Still, You can do a lot worse with $13, but it's just an OK game for those who's wondering.

[quote name='ryushe']It's actually a really repetitive and boring game despite the supposed over-the-top nature the game tries to sell you on...

Still, You can do a lot worse with $13, but it's just an OK game for those who's wondering.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't personally pay more than $1 for this game. I rented it(GS 7 day free return policy on used games) and returned it the next day as it was so repetitive and boring and I didn't care for the setting and atmosphere of the game one bit.

Very overrated game imho, it was fun for a while, but the combat was too slow and drawn out to keep me interested. Run here get a trash can, run to guy a throw it on him, run somewhere else to get a sign, run back, etc etc.

I liked the game, and and this price I would pick it up, but it is nowhere near as good as reviews make it out to be imo.

the announcers' dialogue was very well done, some of the best videogame writing in recent years
the playing experience can be as repetitive or imaginative as you want it to be considering the number of secrets scattered throughout levels.

I agree. I tried really hard to like this game and to beat it, which shouldn't have been a problem because it's theoretically a very short game, but it just couldn't hold my interest after getting so damn repetitive. But I'd still say its worth picking up for $13.

Yeah like everyone else said, this game is pretty much awesome for about the first 20 minutes, after that it just becomes a chore to beat. Very big let down.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I picked this up at Sears for $9.97. :whee:[/QUOTE]

that and a sears discount is good enough for me.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I picked this up at Sears for $9.97. :whee:[/QUOTE]

You had to bring this up. $10 is my goal for this game . . . because of my backlog, I'm going to pass on $13. :)

I started playing Madworld a few days ago, and I have to say it's grown on me. I didn't like the first level, but after that I found it to be solid fun (granted I'm not that far into it). For the price I say it's definitely worth it if you're curious enough to be reading this thread.

I picked this game up from Amazon last week and after playing it for an hour I couldn't justify putting any more time into it. It's the same repetitive nonsense over and over again. Sure, you can kill people in a variety of ways, but there's only so many ways to kill someone before it gets incredibly boring. All you do is go to a stage, kill a bunch of lackeys until you get a high enough score to unlock the boss fight, kill the boss, rinse and repeat. Very ,very disappointed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's pretty repetitive after a while.

I can see a niche group of people liking this game though, but it wasn't really for me.

It's semi-amusing.

I think I got through Asian Town before I got tired of it. I think asian town is like 40% through the game, if that.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah this game is crap, i wanted to like it, but i didnt even finish it. Save your 12.99.[/QUOTE]
I felt the same way. I gave it 5 hours, and destroyed the disc and used the case for CDs :) (might be exaggerating a bit)

[quote name='Chronis']If you own a Wii and don't own Madworld, you need to either turn in your gamer card or your Wii.[/QUOTE]

Well that backfired. :lol:

I gave up at Frankenstein. I'm with everyone else, fun for a couple hours, that's about it. Dying at the boss and going back 20 minutes to replay the level is highly annoying.

[quote name='confoosious']It's semi-amusing.

I think I got through Asian Town before I got tired of it. I think asian town is like 40% through the game, if that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure its 40% through the game at all, but I only made it about that far before I got tired of it too. I did try really really really hard to like it though.

I may be in the minority, but the worst thing about this game is the announcers. If language for the sake of language (because it makes it "mature") floats your boat you may enjoy it, but I found them pretty damn stupid/annoying, not so much funny. Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the game for the little while I had it. It was decently fun, at least for the 2 or 3 hours I had it in my possession. I'm not inclined to pick it up for this price, though. I'd rather play other, much better games on the Wii.

To clarify on the announcers: I really think this game would have been much, much funnier had they talked exactly like ESPN announcers, including not using language, behaving like it was a normal sport. The contrast, then, to the gruesome combat, would have been pretty funny. Not that it would improve the gameplay, but it would be funnier.

I'll probably end up ordering some Christmas gifts on Amazon later today and threw this in my cart. I enjoyed the game when I played it and wouldn't mind owning it for $11.99, only problem is my Wii is in a box and hasn't been hooked up in almost a year. I really want to get New Super Mario Bros. though so I really need to get that thing hooked back up!

[quote name='ryushe']It's actually a really repetitive and boring game despite the supposed over-the-top nature the game tries to sell you on...

Still, You can do a lot worse with $13, but it's just an OK game for those who's wondering.[/QUOTE]
I echo this sentiment. I still have it though and haven't traded it in because of the the uniquely brilliant visuals.

[quote name='crunchewy']I may be in the minority, but the worst thing about this game is the announcers. If language for the sake of language (because it makes it "mature") floats your boat you may enjoy it, but I found them pretty damn stupid/annoying, not so much funny. Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the game for the little while I had it. It was decently fun, at least for the 2 or 3 hours I had it in my possession. I'm not inclined to pick it up for this price, though. I'd rather play other, much better games on the Wii.

To clarify on the announcers: I really think this game would have been much, much funnier had they talked exactly like ESPN announcers, including not using language, behaving like it was a normal sport. The contrast, then, to the gruesome combat, would have been pretty funny. Not that it would improve the gameplay, but it would be funnier.[/QUOTE]
I found the Mad World announcers amusing, while ESPN announcers sickeningly annoying.

[quote name='crunchewy']I may be in the minority, but the worst thing about this game is the announcers. If language for the sake of language (because it makes it "mature") floats your boat you may enjoy it, but I found them pretty damn stupid/annoying, not so much funny. Which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy the game for the little while I had it. It was decently fun, at least for the 2 or 3 hours I had it in my possession. I'm not inclined to pick it up for this price, though. I'd rather play other, much better games on the Wii.

To clarify on the announcers: I really think this game would have been much, much funnier had they talked exactly like ESPN announcers, including not using language, behaving like it was a normal sport. The contrast, then, to the gruesome combat, would have been pretty funny. Not that it would improve the gameplay, but it would be funnier.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It feels like it was written by 13 year olds who just learned the magic of curse words. It has its moments, but on the whole it was very obnoxious.

bread's done
Back