Wii Mini - $99.99 - Canada Holiday Exclusive

kart007k

CAGiversary!
No Internet, No gamecube support.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/27/wii-mini-listed-by-best-buy-canada-coming-dec-7-according-to/

piccy.jpg

Why cant they just release the Red Wii Remote Plus + Red Nunchuck instead? The Wii Mini doesnt sound good for 100 bucks if you remove the Internet capabilities.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Isn't the regular Wii with all that crap cheaper than this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Watch it sell millions anyway. Gotta love dat Nintendo market.

[quote name='Kaiser499']This is Canada exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Testing the waters :roll:

Maybe the Canadians will think its a hockey puck and buy in droves

Dont think its going to sell since they said it only being for the holiday n only in canada + you can get a wii for less than that nowadays... Maybe it will become rare then for collectors

the wii mini is probably meant for those casuals who actually like the wii.
Also, it might not have a built in wifi adapter, but it might have ethernet in the back like xbox, I can't see them completely throwing out internet on the thing.
But still, unless they sell it for $50 or less I can't see anyone wanting it. over a wii

[quote name='chickenbutt']So it's basically another one of these.
600full-game-boy-micro-cover.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Game boy micro rocked!

if you got it on clearance for $40.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Why cant they just release the Red Wii Remote Plus + Red Nunchuck instead? The Wii Mini doesnt sound good for 100 bucks if you remove the Internet capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Other than downloading wiiware titles, I think I only ever used the internet functionality once while playing Mario Kart. Not having internet isn't that big of a deal to me, but this console has come out WAY too late. This should've been released last year...

I honestly wonder why they decided to release this. The demand for the Wii has already dropped substantially, which means the normal price for the current model was bound to drop on its own.

Why buy a "new" model with no features. No Virtual Console games, No Game Cube Games, No Internet. You lose half the functionality the current wii has for a Paltry $25~ savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chickenbutt']Isn't the regular Wii with all that crap cheaper than this?[/QUOTE]

I guess this is the version for people who've never heard of pawn shops. You can get a Wii for $40 all day, $25 when they have too many in stock. Who really needs a brand new Wii at this point?

[quote name='Minions']I honestly wonder why they decided to release this. The demand for the Wii has already dropped substantially, which means the normal price for the current model was bound to drop on its own.

Why buy a "new" model with no features. No Virtual Console games, No Game Cube Games, No Internet. You lose half the functionality the current wii has for a Poultry $25~ savings.[/QUOTE]

Manufacturing cost drops which means they can generate more profit from the unit versus the current version of the Wii. It's the same reason Sony has released a new super slim on the PS3. Ultimately, late adopters are looking to use the most basic functions of the console (playing disc based games) and backward compatibility hasn't been part of the Wii for a while. I suspect even many early adopters rarely use the Internet connectivity of the Wii.

If you're in the market for a new Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck and always luck out on getting them on sale, this isn't too bad. $40 more gets you an interesting product.

Heck, if there's a Canadian CAG in this boat, shoot me a PM - I'll go halvies with you - you get the remote/nunchuck, ship me everything else. I'll pay half + $10 shipping. :D

This makes no sense. They just launched a new product called the Wii U, and now they are muddling the market with another product that's called Wii Mini.

How many of these will be purchased by mistake by parents. Yikes. This is the worst time ever to introduce a new variation on your console.

[quote name='usrevenge']the wii mini is probably meant for those casuals who actually like the wii.
Also, it might not have a built in wifi adapter, but it might have ethernet in the back like xbox, I can't see them completely throwing out internet on the thing.
But still, unless they sell it for $50 or less I can't see anyone wanting it. over a wii[/QUOTE]

They didn't even put an ethernet port on their brand new Wii U, and you think they'll have that port on this system? Come on, this is Nintendo after all . . . way to cheap for that. This thing looks like a cheap toy.

[quote name='DuffHomer']so every version that comes out we get something lesser?[/QUOTE]

We as gamers? Nope. The target audience for this thing, the general public? Yup.

I'm not losing any sleep over this thing. We can keep wondering and questioning about what the point of it is, but those of us asking that question, the Wii Mini is clearly not aimed at.

If this retailed for $75, had HD supportm, and was sold in the US, I would consider getting it. I never owned a Wii, so I missed out on Zelda and some other titles. And if it retailed for $75, that means I'd snap it up on a deal for closer to $40. :lol:

[quote name='haywire69']Should of called it the Wii-Wii,[/QUOTE]

i can see it now in target

bunch of kids running around screaming

they need a wii wii :)

[quote name='chickenbutt']So it's basically another one of these.
600full-game-boy-micro-cover.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I loved these things. If the Mini Wii turns out to be anything like this, I'll probably own several by the end of 2013.

This system would be perfect for parents to buy for their young child's room. Just a pure gaming system, no worry about them browsing online or on Netflix.

[quote name='Minions'] You lose half the functionality the current wii has for a Poultry $25~ savings.[/QUOTE]

Kids, don't use drugs.

[quote name='DuffHomer']so every version that comes out we get something lesser?[/QUOTE]

Up next: The super mini wii - design your own mii avatars without that pesky disc drive and internet functionality getting in the way

[quote name='TheRainCoat']Or, for $200 more, you can get a wii, a gamecube, and a wii u.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U plays gamecube games?

I wonder if Nintendo hates its fanbase and is trying to make us angry. Because I'm pretty angry right now, just looking at that piece of crap.

Wow. This has to be the dumbest move I've ever seen. You can buy a wii for like $50. Why would anyone pay double that AND want to drop online functionality and Gamecube capability? Weren't the Virtual Console and gamecube library big selling points?

bread's done
Back