Wii modchips

Doesn't it say that imports won't work with this?

Positives

- Wii and GC backups working exactly like original discs
- Support for GC homebrew and imports
- Full GC compatibility (including audio streaming games)
- Stealth
- Quick-solder
- Works with multi-disc games
- Very well built and great quality

Negatives

- No Wii imports or homebrew

[quote name='Wolve11']in before the lock[/quote]

Why do people always do this? What does it matter whether or not you get in before the topic gets locked?

It plays the *you know what* too. Team Cyclops is sending me one for review as well. I'll have it up within the next couple of weeks once I have it installed and ready to go.

Not to mention, they have surprised us that the chip is UPGRADEABLE via DVD incase Nintendo does try to block it.

[quote name='mykevermin']It doesn't play other region Wii games? Why the fuck would you want this thing, then, unless you're an asshole pirate?[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "ass pirate."

[quote name='mykevermin']It doesn't play other region Wii games? Why the fuck would you want this thing, then, unless you're an asshole pirate?[/quote]

good point piracy, granted the piracy of consoles isn't as rampant as PC, but be warned looked at what piracy on PC has done. As years go by new anti piracy system problematic starforce is developed and used (caused me to run back to consoles just to play POP:T2T), ID games seems more and more to lean towards Consoles. Consoles can do enforced firmware updates to stop piracy but every update is possiblity of system failure, Don't pirate Console games, the availabity of people who wish to buy old console games are out there and they can be rest assure minus physical damage the cd/cartgride will run, same isn't so on PC try to run "some" of the old win 3.11 games, hence no market for old pc games. PC games like Driver 1 doesn't run as good on new hardware like it once did, even FarCry with new nvidia drivers seems to not run as good as it did 3 years ago.

[quote name='mercilessming']good point piracy, granted the piracy of consoles isn't as rampant as PC, but be warned looked at what piracy on PC has done. As years go by new anti piracy system problematic starforce is developed and used (caused me to run back to consoles just to play POP:T2T), ID games seems more and more to lean towards Consoles. Consoles can do enforced firmware updates to stop piracy but every update is possiblity of system failure, Don't pirate Console games, the availabity of people who wish to buy old console games are out there and they can be rest assure minus physical damage the cd/cartgride will run, same isn't so on PC try to run "some" of the old win 3.11 games, hence no market for old pc games. PC games like Driver 1 doesn't run as good on new hardware like it once did, even FarCry with new nvidia drivers seems to not run as good as it did 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

That being said, this is not the best location to post threads on modding topics, as CAg's core competency is deals and such. I would suggest google.com and typing in "wii modchips" and maybe adding the qualifiers "faq" or "forums" to said search. Also your avatar rocks mercilessming! Flash AHHHHaH, he'll save every one of us!

[quote name='mykevermin']It doesn't play other region Wii games? Why the fuck would you want this thing, then, unless you're an asshole pirate?[/QUOTE]
At the moment no way to play other region Wii games. Supposedly the same encryption found on Wii is the same on GC. That is why the modchip is out already. Eventually, they'll find a way to play imports which I'm waiting for.

[quote name='Thoren']Do what you want cause a pirate is free.

You are a pirate (^o^)[/quote]
http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
XD

pirate.swf

i would wait on picking this up until the import possiblity comes around.....then this would totally be worth it. and if it did a plug and play thing that didnt void your warranty, that would be very nice.

thanks for posting op,
i havent really heard that much about this

wow, great news for me... wonder if somehow theyd ban my ip than from downloading games from the virtual console? I ask because I have numerous points already on my system account.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wow, great news for me... wonder if somehow theyd ban my ip than from downloading games from the virtual console? I ask because I have numerous points already on my system account.[/quote]Not ban your account but what they could do is potentially lock the shop channel and force you to upgrade the Wii which would make your modchip or Wii useless.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not ban your account but what they could do is potentially lock the shop channel and force you to upgrade the Wii which would make your modchip or Wii useless.[/QUOTE]
I got my CycloWiz modchip for review. Even if they force you to upgrade the firmware, the modchips are "stealth" which means its undetectable. Even if it was, the modchips are upgradeable via DVD.

I wont post a review until I find more information regarding the upgrading. Hopefully they find a way of playing imports. There is a setback. There is a certain drive chipset that does not work with any of the modchips. If you bought you're Wii before the end of December, you should be safe. Any Wiis purchased after January, may have the chance of having the D2B chipset.

bread's done
Back