Wii news briefs by way of GoNintendo - RE4, xfire, more!

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Bunch of little things, don't really feel like making a lot of different threads:

1) Resident Evil 4 Wii popped up on GameStop for $29.99, 6/25/07 release. Get people to shell out for the game again right before Umbrella Chronicles, perhaps?

2) Xfire will be used for PS3 online at some point, but they were in talks with one other console maker as well... with MS integration being "difficult," that leaves... Wii?

3) First people complain about first-party Nintendo games overshadowing third-party releases, now they complain about them being released too slowly. Can't win, I guess.

4) Wii installed on Norwegian Cruise Line ships... time to switch honeymoon plans - "But sweetie, I didn't bring the Wii, it was here already!"

I was about to post RE4 for Wii but then I read this topic. Good thing I read it.
I'm not sure if I want to buy it again at $30 but thats pretty nice for people who never bought the game (WTF? u deserve to die in that case. It was one of the best games ever!)

I'm okay with GC ports under 3 conditions.

-the control is fleshed out and works decent
-additional content is added (about about the PS2 extras for RE4)
-the price is cheaper

[quote name='usickenme']I'm okay with GC ports under 3 conditions.

-the price is cheaper[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. Rival Swords is WAY overpriced at $50, but $30 is debatable and $20 I would purchase GC ports if I never touched them or really loved the original. RE4 is worth purchasing again at $20.

Someone at Nintendo at E3 last year even said that you would see GC games rerelease on the Wii.

The first game they should do is Mario Tennis considering you can't find it anyways.

I'm fine with RE4Wii, as long as it contains all the PS2 extras and some new extras.

But if it's just RE4 NGC version with just Wii controls, then fuck Capcom.

I played the GC original, so if the RE4 port has the PS2 extras + actual widescreen/progressive, I'd consider picking it up and playing through it again.

Oh and decent control.

EDIT: April Fools joke? I can't find it listed on Gamestop as claimed.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I played the GC original, so if the RE4 port has the PS2 extras + actual widescreen/progressive, I'd consider picking it up and playing through it again.

Oh and decent control.[/quote]Let's put it this way... if the controls disappoint in RE4, they've killed any interest in RE: UC. So they really have no choice but to make it spot-on.

Ha.. yeah, GameStop pulled it; I clicked through the link earlier and it was definitely there.

Gamestop can be retarded about these things. As I mentioned previously, they have Wish Room pushed back further and further, now due in September, not knowing that its merely the Japanese name for Hotel Dusk, so the SKU shouldnt even be there.

If this is true, I feel bad about playing RE4, and furthermore I'll be not playing anymore Gamecube games if this is an actual trend. I hate the first (technically 3rd) person aiming using sticks, and RE4 was no exception. It was the first time I really made myself do it.

Nintendo said they'd be Wiinventing games (sorry, I haven't made one of those "jokes" in a long time!). RE4 done well would mean I'd be selling my GC copy and buying that one in a heart beat for $30. If Wind Waker gets the TP treatment, I'll be an uber-happy nerd. ;)

The PS2 version changed the gameplay balance of RE4. The goods were still there, but the flow was different. What say you guys? GC or PS2 version's gameplay?

[quote name='usickenme']I'm okay with GC ports under 3 conditions.

-the price is cheaper[/QUOTE]

Yes, that'll get me to buy it again.

Some graphical improvements would be nice though... or at least true 16:9 support.

Seeing as I never got around to playing RE4 on the Cube (or PS2), I'm thrilled about the prospect of a Wii re-release. I'd definitely drop 30 bucks on it.

I'm excited for RE4 Wii, if the controls are great, they add the PS2 content, and maybe add some more extras to the package.

I finished the GC version two or three times, though I never bought it. I'd definitely pick it up for $30.

I have the GC version of RE4 and I've barely touched it. I might buy a wii version just for the aiming (I also hate aiming with sticks).

I would love it if they added a ton of content. I wouldn't mind buying an expansion pack to RE4. I mean, the thing is one of the greatest games made last gen.

I actually didn't find the Separate Ways campaign to be worth the extra dough. It mostly feels like running through the motions, with Ada periodically mixing extended metaphors of chess and theater to explain how much she was controlling everything and how much Leon and Saddler were her puppets.

I'd buy Wii RE4. The original game was great, but I only beat it once and didn't do any of the extra stuff. Now I have a widescreen monitor, so it would just look ugly if I tried to play the GC version again. As long as they added widescreen support, I'd be happy. I'd also like to stab zombies in the head with the Wii mote when they grab me.

[quote name='munch']So, is this for real or an Aprils Fools? I'll sell my RE4 Collector's Edition if that's the case.[/quote]

and i'll be buying that ^^ as well as the Wii version.

I think someone just jumped the gun and posted it too early at GS and it'll be confirmed by Capcom in the next few weeks.

[quote name='Scorch']and i'll be buying that ^^ as well as the Wii version.

I think someone just jumped the gun and posted it too early at GS and it'll be confirmed by Capcom in the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Once it's confirmed shoot me a PM.

I really hope a RE4 remake for the Wii happens, especially for $30. As long as it has Wiimote controls and true widescreen support I would be happy, anything else would be icing on the cake.

Let's be reasonable here for a second. We're going to get one of two things, a port of the NGC version or a port of the PS2 version. As was mentioned, the PS2 version is different. Not just in terms of gameplay but in terms of graphical quality. Lighting and polygons were toned way down to run on that system. Now, the only way we're going to get the extra content is if it's a port of the PS2 version.

So you're either going to get a good-looking version with the original gameplay (which I believe was slightly more difficult and fun)...

Or you're going to get a shoddy looking version with all the extra content and a toned down difficulty.

I guess with either they'd at least try to make the controls work. But after the debacle that was the PC port (handled by ubisoft, I know), I have no faith in this game being anywhere but the Cube where it was intended.

^ I'm sure they will base the port off of the Gamecube version of the game, since a Wii is a Gamecube with double the specs. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii gets an enhanced port like the PS2 with even more bonus content (along with the PS2 and Gamecube bonus content).

I'd pick up RE4 if it's truly the definitive version of the game. It'd also be nice if you could use a Gamecube controller for it... but then, I suppose RE4 is one of those games that would actually work well with the Wii-mote...

Here's hoping.

bread's done
Back