Wii not Connecting online

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
So i couldn't get matched up in any brawl matches so i messed with some router settings. fucked up then had to reset it and made a new ssid and network. My ps3, laptop, and 360 all connect to the new network just fine. The wii used to work with the router and now it doesn't. I tried taking away the wep and it still wouldn't connect. I opened the ports it said online and it didn't work. Is there a wii reset button for the flash? I had it unplugged for a few hours and tried to connect and it didn't. I set a static ip and tried to even use a dmz for it. Didn't work. The wii is accessing it because it comes up with an error saying it couldn't get online and says a different error when the ssid is wrong. Don't know what to do anyone got suggestions? It is a dlink wbr1310. I also added the wiis mac address. I don't believe its the routers problem but some how the wii.

Erase your network settings and cold reboot the Wii. Then re-create a new network connection. I had to do this after the first few system updates. For some reason after an update, the settings were still there but it wouldn't connect.

Its not you, its Nintendo!! I too have not been able to connect with SSBB online. But I am able to go online all the time.. check this article I pasted... Seems fixing the servers are not high on Nintendo's list of priorities.

Nintendo waiting out online issues with Brawl

March 18th, 2008 Posted in News, Wii, Written by Valay When Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released, an explosion of users tested the waters of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Unsurprisingly, a ton of lag and online issues plagued the experience. There has been a strong demand for Nintendo to fix the issues with Brawl’s online modes, and, in some ways, the company has. The spectator mode has been fixed, and options now appear. However, not everything is perfect yet. Instead of looking into fixing more problems, Nintendo has decided to wait out the issues the Wi-Fi Connection has been faced with.
“As with the launch of any online-enabled game, especially one as popular as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, everyone wants to play at once. This puts a strain on the pipeline. We have seen improvements in online play performance every day since launch.” - Nintendo spokesperson

Well because of smash bros i changed some settings on the router and then the wii stopped connecting. So i reset the modem and router and all the settings and it still didn't work with the router. So now i can't even buy vc games or use the browser anymore.

Try changing the wireless channel to channel 1 or 11. I tired this and it still acted fussy but seems to find a niche on channel 11.

[quote name='beezdeez']Try changing the wireless channel to channel 1 or 11. I tired this and it still acted fussy but seems to find a niche on channel 11.[/quote]

1 and 11 did not work, however 6 worked. lol So i can get online now. :D

bread's done
Back