Wii placement?

jazzman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just purchased a Wii and I'm debating whether to place it vertically or horizontally? All my other systems are placed horizontally to avoid any damaged/scratched discs. Anyone have any opinions on this matter, your info is greatly appreciated.

Mine's vertical...smaller footprint, more surface area exposed for better heat dissipation...and, sadly, because I think it looks better. Haven't had or heard of anyone else have a problem w/ scratched discs.

Either way, don't stack stuff next to or on top of it. Had I placed it horizontally...knowing me, I would have already stacked up all sorts of stuff on top of it. So keeping it vertical keeps me (and others in the house) from doing that.

I've got mine vertical behind my TV on the side. You'd hardly know it's there except for the sensor bar on top of the TV. Kinda necessitates Wavebirds for GCN titles, though, which I don't have at the moment :(

The Wii is a system obviously designed to be vertical. Sure, you can put it horizontally, but it just doesn't look quite right. Plus, it's a pain for the GC ports.

So, that's how I have it. Just look at the design... Nintendo shoehorned the 'horizontal' stuff in, they never really meant it to be put that way.

Mine's horizontal due to space issues (If I stand it vertically, it's too tall for the shelves of my entertainment center) but I think it looks better vertically.

Mines horizontal for space, because I had to move it to the top shelf on my entertainment center to keep my 2 year old daughter from pressing the eject button.

Horizontal, because it sits atop a dresser, near my doorway.

I don't want anybody running in and knocking it down from there!

I switched to horizontal for a few days and noticed the disc wiggles just a tiny bit while being sucked into the machine. Apparently, it's easier on the mechanism to take discs in the vertical position.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']I switched to horizontal for a few days and noticed the disc wiggles just a tiny bit while being sucked into the machine. Apparently, it's easier on the mechanism to take discs in the vertical position.[/quote]

That's what she said

...I'm sorry I couldn't help it

Anyways, vertical here as well. My DVD player and HD cable box are both white so it kind of looks cool all together - except that my TV and stand are black - but still cool

bread's done
Back