Wii Play coming in January

tipp007

CAG Veteran
I Paid For A Wiimote At Gamestop And I Reserved A New Sports Package Thats Comin For The Wii Next Month, It Has Fishing, Duckhunt And About 4 Other Games. The Total Price Is $50 Bucks Withe The Wiimote Included. Its Coming In The Middle Of January, Anyone Else Reserve Theirs

[quote name='Scorch']Right. It's called Wii Play. It doesn't have fishing or duckhunt though. It has table tennis, air hockey, billiards, and six others.[/QUOTE]

There is a fishing game, and a skeet shooting game similar to Duck Hunt.

[quote name='Corvin']There is a fishing game, and a skeet shooting game similar to Duck Hunt.[/QUOTE]

Its called Wii Play: Shooting and its a series of quick events. Skeet is one of them, and ducks fron Duck Hunt fly through sporadically.

Wow that's a pretty sweet bundle. Might have to return the extra Wiimote I got last week or exchange it for a Wiichuck when I see them in stock.

[quote name='HuBu']sigh...i dont need another wii-mote. any plans on them just selling the Wii Play?[/quote]

People probably will trade in the game.

I am really excited for this game, is anyone else?

[quote name='chodax']People probably will trade in the game.

I am really excited for this game, is anyone else?[/QUOTE]
I'm excited just to play the Wii. 1 more Wiik!

* Shooting Range, a point-and-fire game of target practice in the Duck Hunt tradition.

* Billiards, a simplified variation of nine-ball with stunningly realistic physics that uses your Wii Remote as your pool cue.

* Find Mii, in which you scan the crowds to find the right Mii - and Miis you and your friends created make an appearance.

* Tanks!, in which you command a toy tank on a miniature battlefield in a gauntlet of 100 missions.

* Other games include Pose Mii, Table Tennis, Fishing, Charge! and Laser Hockey.

Cool! I wonder which will be the better buy... this or Warioware: Smooth Moves? The fact that this comes with a Wii remote would take me up from 2 players to three, and that's awfully tempting.

I've been holding off on picking up a 3rd Wiimote until this comes out. I look forward to it.

On the topic of Find Mii...

Am I the only one who thinks that Mii Parade is pretty much the same game? /sarcasm

In Japan and Europe, the Wii launched with Wii Play, a compilation of 9 games that included a free Wii Remote. Similar to Wii Sports, Wii Play shows off how the Wii Remote can be used in a variety of ways, like skeet shooting, billiards, and air hockey. Originally scheduled to be released on the same day as Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (January/15th/2007), the latest release list issued by Nintendo shows Wii Play hitting the US on February/12th/2007. We haven't heard a reason for the delay, but perhaps Nintendo wants to space out its release dates a bit more? Either way it's very disappointing to have to wait yet another month for a chance to enjoy this unique title.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/12/19-38
If I hadn't already got an extra Wii Remote, I was gonna get this.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Blah. Can the OP change the title please?[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I clicked on this thread thinking Nintendo sprung Wii Sports 2 on us out of the blue (which would be awesome). Only to find out it is old Wii Play. There's like full-up reviews available on that for anyone who has never heard of it.

http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-wii/1898-Hajimete_no_Wii_Your_First_Step_To_Wii-reviews.html

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6210&sid=da713aae0cef4cc5342d43a8d3414d53

IGN preview (from Dec. 3rd ;)):
http://wii.ign.com/articles/748/748930p1.html

[quote name='chakan']I wish they'd release stuff like this on the VC; I've already bought my second wiimote.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's a great idea. They could release one new Wii Sport at a time for download. While I'm against that in principal (would rather be able to get a disc dirt cheap the CAG way), for games I'm going to get anyway upon release I wouldn't mind a download.

If confirmed, that stinks. :( I'm much more looking forward to Wii Play than WarioWare.

But I'm sure WW will provide sufficient entertainment in January, coupled with the launch titles I still have not even come close to completing (Zelda included!).

Speaking of January, are there any noteworthy 3rd party titles coming next month?

I can't wait for Diddy Kong on DS...that's going to be a freaking BLAST online.

Whatever happened to the 6 titles Nintendo was gonig to have for launch? Excited Truck was the only one, Metriod was delayed. Whatever happened to Disaster and those other games?

[quote name='David85']Whatever happened to the 6 titles Nintendo was gonig to have for launch? Excited Truck was the only one, Metriod was delayed. Whatever happened to Disaster and those other games?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo quietly pushed them back to space out first party games, both to avoid the void you saw with the Gamecube and to give third party companies a chance since thrid party relationships still need mending with Nintendo.

[quote name='David85']Whatever happened to the 6 titles Nintendo was gonig to have for launch? Excited Truck was the only one, Metriod was delayed. Whatever happened to Disaster and those other games?[/quote]Disaster and a bunch of those other ones were never intended for launch, since they never showed more than a few second clips before that point. I think they were going to have more first-party titles in general, but have moved around the schedule so 3rd parties have a better opportunity.

I can't wait for this game to be released. I was second guessing the Wii launch, but with Zelda, Wii Sports, Metal Slug, Elebits, WarioWare and Wii Play all within the span of a few months, I really can't complain.

bread's done
Back