Wii Points?

Zardus

CAG Veteran
Last year (I think?) Toys R Us had a massive, 40% off sale on Wii points. I stocked up on insane loads but am getting closer and closer to running out. Has anyone gotten wind of any upcoming sales on Wii points?

Thanks!

According to the post for the 4/26-5/2 TRU ad next week they are having 25% of Wii accessories. This includes Wii Points so you can get them for 14.99

Oh, cool. Thanks!

How often does Toys R Us have these types of sales? It's been 6 months since the 40% off sale I mentioned in the OP. Have they had one before then and now?

Gotta figure out how many cards I should get :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite sure. I haven't seen one recently. Just bought my Wii a little over a month ago. I try to keep up with all the deals. Won't complain about 25% of the points cards, I'm stuck on how many to purchase as well. How many do you plan on buying?

Last time I went kinda crazy and bought 13 of them, but at 40% off I think it was justified. They make nice gifts, too, especially when you can give two of them for almost the price of one :)

I have 3 or 4 left from the last batch. This time I'm thinking of buying 4 or 5 at the 25% off. Hopefully I can avoid going crazy and buying 13 again...

Dang, thats crazy. I'm looking at possibly 3-5 for now. Been spending a lot so I'd like to limit my purchases for the time being. But this is a good deal. :bouncy:

I hope my store has several, never really seen the cards there. Does anyone know if they stock up on accessories since they are having the sale or is it just what the store has on hand?

not sure, but I got like 16,000 points on my Wii unused. lol. anyone wanna like trade? I want some PSN money and i will be willing to send u games in exchange for a card or something.

Nice stack of points you have built up. :applause:

Looking forward to this good deal. Knowing my luck they will have 40% off the following week. lol.

Regarding having cards in stock: last time I went, there were only a few on the shelves, but I asked them and they brought out ten or so more. So my guess is the stores generally have a decent amount of cards, but don't have many laying out. This is just based off of one visit, though.

Last time at a store near me, some guy bought up all 38 copies of the Wii points cards before anyone else had a chance to buy any on Sunday morning. Nice.

Wow, What a Nut. Guy was most likely going to resale them. No need for that many points. TRU opens at 10:00am and I should be there around 11:20 or so. Hopefully the nuts around me wont take advantage of this. Doubt to many people will be out video game shopping at that time. Kids should be in school and with people at work. Hope for the best.

Woo hoo! I got 4 cards at the sale.

I agree; 38 smells like ebay. The 13 last time was pretty much as many as I could have possibly needed. I think I gave 5 of them as Christmas gifts, used 5, and have 3 left (now 7!). I also waited until like 8pm or something so that I didn't feel like a jerk for depriving someone else who wanted some.

Getting such a huge discount on download games is great. :)

Edit: Also, the first TRU I went to didn't have any cards at all and claimed that they hadn't gotten any since last year's 40% off sale. I wonder if they're shying away from carrying them? I had to go to one 20 miles away :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back