Wii Price Drop to $169.99 at Target 4/17/11

zane_7849

CAGiversary!
Our Target store received a urgent signing message to ready signing for a price drop of the Wii console to 169.99 on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zane_7849']I thought so too, but $169.99 is the price we were supplied.[/QUOTE]

any gift card w/ that?

maybe the $149 price we all heard was premature.

The $149 price drop is rumored for mid-May. Target is probably trying to move stock @ $169 now rather than be stuck selling them at $149 later.

The 3DS is Nintendo's new thing right now, a new Nintendo console is all but confirmed for next year and they've all but stopped supporting the current Wii already. I'd say the writing is on the wall, and I don't blame the stores one bit.

Assuming this drop is store specific and not a universal drop coming from Nintendo themselves.

This is very smart on Target's part, they likely have a decent backstock that isn't moving at $199.99. They know the price drop is coming in a month for $149.99 (so do most people). If I'm not mistaken, they are on the hook for the price of the current stock (i.e. Nintendo won't refund them $50 on their backstock). They will take less of a hit if they can move a good chunk of them at $169.99 rather then waiting for the official price cut.

The Wii 2 is a good 1.5 years plus away, even then the Wii will move at $99.

Actually the price will be dropping on Sunday, and you'll still get a free copy of EA Active 2 (while supplies last, obviously)

Could be Sunday, that falls in line with Nintendo's release structure of late. I'll change the title if needed.

[quote name='zane_7849']Could be Sunday, that falls in line with Nintendo's release structure of late. I'll change the title if needed.[/QUOTE]

Saw it on the workbench today, but it's up to you. Just figured I'd point it out in case people were looking to get the price drop AND the free copy of EA Active because I'm sure we'll be out of them by Monday; I know my store will be, Sunday is going to be insane!

bread's done
Back