Wii Projector Setup - Sensor Bar?

bennihana123

CAGiversary!
I am in the process of moving my Wii to our projector/home theater. Since I don't want the sensor bar wire laying across the floor, and it probably doesn't even reach the screen, I am looking for an alternative to the sensor bar provided by Nintendo. I'm more looking for something along the lines of a power adapter for it than a wireless third party accessory.

I don't think that anyone made a power adapter for the sensor bar. I think it's a matter of the sensor bar using up a very small amount of energy to where companies figured that people would want a wireless alternative more than anything.

You can buy 18 foot extensions for the sensor bar's wire, or you can buy a wireless alternative. Either way, it'll only cost you like $5-10. However, I've never heard of anyone making a power adapter for it- which quite honestly sounds pretty stupid.

I think I'm going to end up shelling out the $15 Best Buy wants for the wireless sensor bar. Saves the hassle of running an extended wire, though I should probably get rechargeable batteries for it. Thanks for the input!

I ended up with this - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BD%26A+-+Ultra+Wireless+Sensor+Bar+for+Nintendo+Wii/9504146.p?id=1218115834193&skuId=9504146&st=wireless%20sensor%20bar&cp=1&lp=1 - It has an auto-shutdown feature which is nice and has adjustable IR light positions for wider/longer distances. Works pretty well, but I read on the Amazon reviews that is drains the batteries pretty quickly. I have been turning it off while we're playing a game that doesn't require the pointer to conserve power.

Yeesh, it requires 4 AA batteries? The cheapo knockoff I bought off eBay for $4 only takes 2 AAA batteries- and they lasted about 12 hours or so of gameplay, and I left it on overnight one night on accident.

Congrats though and your setup. Sounds like you figured it out :)

bread's done
Back