Wii Redesign Inbound (Not coming to NA?)

Given that I have a backlog of games to be played and not much money to spare on a console at this time. Let's see my options on a new Wii console:

1. Wait and see how this new Wii redesign turns out in Europe, if successful it will be released in the U.S. region.

2. Wait for the Wii U or at the latest for a Wii U redesign/price drop.

3. Buy a Mario Kart Wii bundle for $130-$150 with a possible gift card deal in the future.

I guess I could go to a friend's house with the old version of the Wii to transfer Fire Emblem's Gamecube data to the Wii version. Save the updated Wii data to a memory card and transfer it to my future Wii redesign/Wii U that may not/doesn't have Gamecube memory slots.

Edit: I don't know if I mentioned this already in this thread, but I already have a Gamecube with a Gameboy Player attached. So unless there's some other Wii games that use the Gamecube part like Fire Emblem, I don't really need the backwards compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']But the sales of Xenoblade Chronicles are in part due to a lot of people modding their system and importing the game. If and when it comes out here, I expect the game to tank because people already bought it. Throwing a blind eye to the truth of the situation isn't going to help NoA's cause.[/QUOTE]

It's not coming to NA. Ever.

That was just lipservice from Reggie. Par for the course, etc.

This thing is pretty bizarre if you ask me. If it comes in at under $100, then I guess it makes some kind of sense. If our Wii breaks, though, I'll pick up a standard one, not this thing.

[quote name='crunchewy']This thing is pretty bizarre if you ask me. If it comes in at under $100, then I guess it makes some kind of sense. If our Wii breaks, though, I'll pick up a standard one, not this thing.[/QUOTE]

same here. I want to be able to also play my gamecube games too.

What part of MD u in?

bread's done
Back