Wii remotes won't work

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I've got a launch Wii with wiimotes just as old and they lights won't light up and it won't turn the system on. I've tried replacing the batteries and that doesn''t do any good. I've called Nintendo and their answer is to replace the Wii motes.

Any ideas?

No lights at all? If you press A, do any lights show up, even briefly?

I would try new batteries again, new batteries that you are sure are new. If pressing A makes the controller light up briefly, it should give an indication as to how much battery life is left. I would then re-sync them to your console to make sure they know your Wii exists (and vice versa).

Try different Wii Remotes as well?

I thought only motion plus controllers were comparable with the wii u? You need to buy the add on or new controllers. TRU has flingsmash bundles for $25 and you can buy two and get the second for 40% off.

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought only motion plus controllers were comparable with the wii u? You need to buy the add on or new controllers.[/QUOTE]

You can use the original Wii remotes on some of the games in Nintendo Land while others require the motion plus.

Both Wii motes work. I just had to give them fresh batteries. I thought I switched batteries in them before too. ?

I still can't get my Nyko 'motes to work. :\

bread's done
Back