Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordwow']Hey, you were born the day after me :cool:[/QUOTE]
Oh yea? What are you doing to celebrate? I'm going to Vegas for a few days and going to get myself kicked out of a brothel.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']We Team Handsome members look after each other, y'hear Spmahn?

*high fives*[/QUOTE]
What is this!? High fives?! This isn't Team Awesome!!! Being handsome comes with responibilities and businessman handshakes. We only allow high fives during team building exercises on retreats. We also only use the secret handshake
handjobs
. And I mean that in the most non-gay way possible.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Oh yea? What are you doing to celebrate? I'm going to Vegas for a few days and going to get myself kicked out of a brothel.

What is this!? High fives?! This isn't Team Awesome!!! Being handsome comes with responibilities and businessman handshakes. We only allow high fives during team building exercises on retreats. We also only use the secret handshake
handjobs
. And I mean that in the most non-gay way possible.[/quote]

Oh man your birthday is TWO days before mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CouRageouS']Oh yea? What are you doing to celebrate? I'm going to Vegas for a few days and going to get myself kicked out of a brothel.

handjobs
. And I mean that in the most non-gay way possible.[/quote]

I know that. i was just testing you, in case you were an imposter or sumthin' :cool:

Wii-kly Update

One WiiWare Game and Two Virtual Console Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

If variety is the spice of life, we’ve got an extra-spicy lineup for you this week on the Wii™ Shop Channel. From bouncing balls to out-of-control cars to hardcore fisticuffs, the latest game additions offer an incredibly diverse mix of Wii™ thrills. So if you’ve been saving up your Wii Points™ for something new and different, here’s your opportunity to cash in and kick up some serious fun. Enjoy!

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

WiiWare™

Pong Toss—Frat Party Games™ (JV Games, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone—Mild Language, 800 Wii Points): Pony up—it’s Pong Toss time. Compete against your friends or the computer in this ultimate party-game favorite. Play on a regulation table with up to four players. Make consecutive shots for the Fireball bonuses and Roll-Backs as you or your team try to dominate the table and reign as Pong Toss champs. In Speed Pong, up to three challengers can compete at the same time. Speed and strategy are the keys to this fast-paced game. Jack up your opponents by using a slew of power-ups that will slow them down. The first one who sinks the last cup wins it all. Be fast. Be furious. Be victorious.

Virtual Console™

Chase H.Q.® (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Drug Reference, Mild Violence, 600 Wii Points): This is a different style of racing game in which you attempt to catch criminals by chasing them and ramming their cars off the road. Playing as two cops from the NYPD special “CHASE H.Q.” unit, the first half of each stage involves you maneuvering your unmarked car in a heated chase, followed by an action sequence in the latter half. Once you reach the target vehicle, you flip on your lights and siren, and then try to stop the culprits by repeatedly colliding with them. Use your different gears wisely as you make your way through streets and around corners, and be careful not to hit objects or other cars, or you’ll lose speed. Also at your disposal are turbo units for temporary extra speed and ramming power.

ART OF FIGHTING 2 (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen—Alcohol and Tobacco Reference, Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1994 by SNK, ART OF FIGHTING 2 sees 12 characters compete for the title in the toughest fighting contest of them all: King of Fighters. Each character has a range of deadly techniques in his or her arsenal, and players must use these lethal techniques to fight their opponents. As in the original ART OF FIGHTING, however, using a deadly technique lowers a character’s mental-energy gauge. For this reason, players must use these techniques carefully. Meanwhile, players can taunt an opponent to exhaust his or her mental energy, and even suppress their opponent’s techniques if successful. This type of mental-energy offense and defense gives ART OF FIGHTING 2 a uniquely enjoyable spin on the fighting-game genre. Further adding to the strategy required to win, an attack will become stronger or weaker depending on exactly when the button is pressed. And even if a player is thrown, defensive action is possible with the timely press of a button. All of this adds up to an intense and nail-biting fighting-game experience not found anywhere else.

Eh...

The Pong Toss description is actually pretty hilarious considering what the game's original title was. :lol:

I prefer Beer Pong instead.

Also, I would just wait until SNK releases Volume 2: Therefore, we would probably see AoF 2, Samurai Showdown 2 to name a few...

ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Well, Chase H.Q. was kind of fun in the arcade but without a steering wheel I'm willing to bet that it feels like most every other sprite-based 8/16 bit racing game.

What was Pong Toss' original title? Beer Pong?

[quote name='sonderiaom']If previous mondays are any indication, with Japan already having SMRPG and us yet to get it, prepare to be fucked sideways[/quote]

You were right! :cry:

Anyone want to test their luck in my tl in getting something newly offered in the wii section?

Don't we already have a damn ping pong game?

Art of Fighting almost piques my interest, but I feel like I'm waiting for something and I don't know what. It's not Earthbound or SMRPG. :p

Well, then it's got to be the Zelda: OoT 10th anniversary, WiiWare remake...right?

Oh no, it couldn't be...Nintendo couldn't care less about us now.

[quote name='Foo228']You were right! :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, I wish I weren't though. A little bit of the reverse psychology wouldn't've hurt I thought. But there is absolutely no reason why SMRPG shouldn't be released over here, it's been a month since it was released over there, there shouldn't be any translation issues as it's just a friggin rom and there's no trademark issues as the same companies that did it over there did it over here.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Yeah, I wish I weren't though. A little bit of the reverse psychology wouldn't've hurt I thought. But there is absolutely no reason why SMRPG shouldn't be released over here, it's been a month since it was released over there, there shouldn't be any translation issues as it's just a friggin rom and there's no trademark issues as the same companies that did it over there did it over here.[/quote]
Actually, I think they'd have to go in and change the squaresoft logo to the square-enix one. I'm not sure if they did that with Actraiser, but I bet that could be slowing down the process...
...Or maybe Nintendo just hates us.

I could do that shit in 5 minutes in Photoshop, so I'm putting my vote in the hate camp.

Btw, saw two copies of Mother1+2 in Akihabara today. *Sigh*

Ah, the Beer Pong game?

I hear there's hidden Guys Gone Wild clips to be unlocked :bouncy:

But really though. :yawn:
Someone download it. I'm slightly interested.

^ Very true. However, it IS nice to have your account filled with points because eventually we HAVE to get something good.

This happens a lot, and has been going on since we first started getting updates. Though, this is the probably the longest drought we've had.

We've been gettin a lot of NeoGeo shit lately, but if you look at the OP (hasnt been updated for today, obviously lol) you'll see that we really haven't had many NeoGeo releases until just recently.

We'll get a good SNES game soon, we have to. Same for N64. We will get Mario RPG, and Mario Parties 1-3 and Yoshi's Island and possibly even some some Squaresoft titles.

Hey, someone's got to be optimistic..right?

I don't even wanna know how many points I have lying around. I want to say I had 2000 or so loaded, and another points card sitting on my shelf. Haven't gotten around to buying anything since FFCC.

Hmm I thought my good luck and overall good mood would carry over to today, yeah, Nintendo can fuck off.

Although I did see part of a tour for Wario Land Shake It and it looks fucking awesome :D.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Although I did see part of a tour for Wario Land Shake It and it looks fucking awesome :D.[/QUOTE]

When is that due out?

Even if it's full price when it comes out, I might bite for it anyway. If Animal Crossing and maybe Pikmin 3 are all we're getting in the next year, it's going to be a long dry spell of first party titles.

And WiiWare and Virtual Console sure aren't helping that. :roll:

[quote name='botticus']I want to say I had 2000 or so loaded, and another points card sitting on my shelf. Haven't gotten around to buying anything since FFCC.[/quote]

You think that's bad? I went on a spending spree when Wiiware was announced. Still have 4500 points left, and I've bought Lost Winds, Major League Eating, Dr Mario, and FFCC: My Life as a King.

man, I was so hyped on wiiware- I guess I still am, but the titles I am looking forward to are not out, no one knows when they will be out, and in the mean time I get my hopes up every Monday only to see games I wouldn't play for free.

I'm sure lilboo still has me beat but I finally found a Wal-Mart with the points cards on sale. $15 for the silicon skin + 2000 points. I bought five of them. I still have 9200 points.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']When is that due out?

Even if it's full price when it comes out, I might bite for it anyway. If Animal Crossing and maybe Pikmin 3 are all we're getting in the next year, it's going to be a long dry spell of first party titles.

And WiiWare and Virtual Console sure aren't helping that. :roll:[/quote]

http://wiifolder.com/?p=69

They say end of September, but who knows really.

To be honest, the only VC releases I am looking forward to are Star Parioder and Ys Book I + II (Big Ys fan, very big Ys fan) and both hit next month.

So I'm good to be honest, I'll go out and hunt 2000 points and see if I can get a decent deal somewhere out for them. If not, credit card buddy will be useful enough.

[quote name='M-PG71C']So I'm good to be honest, I'll go out and hunt 2000 points and see if I can get a decent deal somewhere out for them. [/quote]

You can get them all the time (or at least I do, when I look) on eBay for $14-$15.

[quote name='Halo05']I'm sure lilboo still has me beat but I finally found a Wal-Mart with the points cards on sale. $15 for the silicon skin + 2000 points. I bought five of them. I still have 9200 points.[/quote]

I wish I could find those. My walmarts are all retarded. I bought 2000pts for My Pokemon Ranch, but nothing's grabbed me since. Guess that's a good thing, though.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I bought 2000pts for My Pokemon Ranch, but nothing's grabbed me since. [/quote]

Gah, my interest in Pokemon Ranch fizzled fast. I was replaying Diamond, and the Ranch motivated me to play and complete my Pokedex, but I need to learn I just don't replay games. Put Diamond up after about eight hours.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You can get them all the time (or at least I do, when I look) on eBay for $14-$15.[/quote]

Oh yeah, that would be a good place to look for them. And I have $8 eBay dollars to burn up in August too....that would save me some serious cash.

Thanks! :lol:

Cave Story WiiWare?

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4453

Cave Story will get a commercial release as a WiiWare game on the Nintendo Wii.
Why is this relevant on this site you might ask?

Pixel asked to remove all ports of Cave Story to other platforms.
And thus, Cave Story has been deleted from OS4Depot, and should get deleted from Aminet as well.

So if you want to support Pixel, buy the game for your Wii.

So I downloaded Chase HQ since I had fond memories of the arcade game (and had played it recently, ironically enough, on a friend's MAME set up).

IT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS!!!!!!

It's easily the worst game I've downloaded, and may be the worst use of $6 in the history of man.

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;4674115]So I downloaded Chase HQ since I had fond memories of the arcade game (and had played it recently said:
So, is the TG16 version of Chase HQ that bad (it's nowhere near the arcade game you fondly recall), or is it poorly emulated?

I don't know that I've come across a case of the latter on the VC.

[quote name='mykevermin']So, is the TG16 version of Chase HQ that bad (it's nowhere near the arcade game you fondly recall), or is it poorly emulated?

I don't know that I've come across a case of the latter on the VC.[/QUOTE]

Don't know - I'd never played the TG16 version before. My guess is that it's just a bad version.

RD

No Cave Story WiiWare?

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4455

My apologies.

Due to communication problems on my part, the previous announcement about Cave Story is not actually correct.
(Read more)

I misinterpreted the mail I was sent. It was stored on my webmail, which I don't check very often. When I went to post this News Item, I couldn't find the mail as I wasn't looking in the right place, so, I relied on my memory. I accidentally mixed up two different events and e-mails that lead to this invalid announcement.
My deepest apologies for this.

Long story short, Cave Story remains out of commission as the port turned out to have a serious bug, that makes the game impossible to complete.
The bug is not yet fixed nor found, so the powers that be have decided having it out there is kind of pointless.

I asked the Moderation Team to remove the other news item as it was inaccurate. Don't blame them for the deletion, I am responsible for this mess on my own, and I am the one to blame.

Again, people, I am very sorry for this mess.

Signed, spotUP

=(

These droughts are making me want to start downloading random games.
Though, Donkey Kong Country 2 really should be downloaded/replayed :whistle2:k

Then again, I haven't finished my second playthrough of MLaaK, i'm on the last level of Toki Tori (GREAT GAME---YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD THAT!!), all while playing Trauma Center 2 and FFTactics A2

..so I probably won't be downloading anything

More mini reviews and slightly revised! Most all of the USA WiiWare games reviewed! I'm still missing Pirates, Pong Toss, Major League Eating, and SPOGS racing. So far my favorite WW game is LostWinds, followed by FFCCMLaaK, then Toki Tori, and after that TV Show king. Honorable mention to Critter Round-Up, and then beyond that is stuff I wouldn't consider buying at all.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=1909

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back