Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

[quote name='lilboo']I find this hard to believe that no one is excited for Pilotwings? I rather see PW64, but still.[/QUOTE]

For me it has been too fucking long. I was interested in it a year ago but now that all they do is release crap on the shop channel, I am really not interested anymore.

This week, it's Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) for VC, Mr. Driller W for Wiiware, and for DSiware, the sequel to the WW launch title Pop, Pop+ Solo:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: JEDI BATTLES, MARVELOUS BUBBLES AND FRANTIC UNDERGROUND ACTION

Aug. 24, 2009

Faraway galaxies and otherworldly fun are within easy reach, thanks to the latest downloadable game offerings from Nintendo. If the recent Virtual Console™ debut of Super Star Wars™ had you cheering, you'll be doubly pleased to see its action-packed sequel in this week's lineup. Speaking of sequels, you'll also find a new WiiWare™ title that puts a fresh spin on an "underground" favorite. Meanwhile, Nintendo DSiWare™ fans will discover a puzzle game that truly pops.

Virtual Console

Super Empire Strikes Back™
Original platform: Super NES™
Publisher: LucasArts
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Pursued across the galaxy, Rebel forces now marshal new strength on the remote ice world of Hoth. Though tracked by probe droids, attacked by ice monsters and confronted by an army of gigantic Imperial Walkers, you must not give in. You are the Alliance's only hope. Learn the ways of the Force, then test your skills in this fast-paced, action-packed sequel to the hit game Super Star Wars.

WiiWare

Mr. DRILLER® W
Publisher: NBGI
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: Mr. Driller W is the newly updated version of the exciting game that challenges players with level upon level of frantic underground drilling action. Experience more than 20 varied stages and missions. Drill through a seemingly endless onslaught of colored blocks while avoiding falling obstacles and strategically managing your air supply. Multiple degrees of difficulty now challenge everyone from novices to hardcore Mr. Driller veterans. A tutorial will even help first-time players learn the rules quickly and easily. Vibrant graphics, engaging game play and loads of characters make this a modern twist on a gaming masterpiece.

Nintendo DSiWare

Pop+ Solo™
Publisher: Nnooo
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Pop bubbles, build chains and try to keep the timer alive in this awesome puzzle/shooter. Pop your way through 16 waves of bubbles in Adventure, Normal or Advanced modes. Race against the clock in a one-, two- or five-minute run. Try the new Bonus Round mode, where each bonus round can be played in three, five or 10 rounds of increasing difficulty. Or just chill out in the relaxing Chill mode with no score or time pressures to worry about. Pop+ Solo comes to the Nintendo DSi™ system with eight modes and five bonus rounds, plus plenty of new badges to collect. Adventure mode introduces some new elements to the game with mines, golden fish, jets of water and four boss battles. The new Challenge mode lets you create and customize your own challenges to play again and again.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop™ and the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

The Japanese VC titles for September have been announced:
Super Famicom
Taikou Risshiden
Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishijyuurokubei no Karakuri Manji Katame
Bahamut Lagoon

MegaDrive
Earthworm Jim 2

Arcade
Rygar
Xevious

Comments: Bahamut Lagoon, a Japan-only (fan-translated) Square RPG, is the big release next month. It seems that the monthly Final Fantasy releases in Japan are on break, as FFV isn't on the list. Perhaps they are saving FFV and FFVI for the holiday months. Goemon 3 is the other title of interest for September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost Winds 2 was revealed in Edge:
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=22670
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=22693

edge_lost_winds-256x300.jpg

- Called Lost Winds: Winter of Melodias
- Toku can change seasons
- Switch between summer and winter
- Skills: swim, create cyclones
- Cyclones have a few abilities such as being able to drill through rocks, scoop up water
- Map has been redone
- Hint system
- Developers were pleased with the first game but still have many ideas
- Devs listened for complaint about length
- NPCs are more interactive and have more to say, help you more (which will add to the game’s length)
- Takes place almost immediately following the first game
- Magdi (Toku’s mother) has gone missing while exploring ruins of a city created by the Melodia
- Toku and Enril go to the mountains to rescue her – her journal provides the only clues
- Arrive at Summerfalls Village – it’s trapped in an eternal winter
- People at the village fear monsters in the snow
- Toku manages to get the help of Sonte, a spirit who can help him change seasons
- Old elements are still in this sequel in addition to a number of new elements
- Changing seasons will be important for many puzzles
- Glorbs (gooey enemies from the first game) are back and have new forms
- Create a cyclone by pressing buttons in the Wii remote and doing a firm shake
- Sales of the first game “were pretty much spot on” with the developer’s predictions
- Game is almost done with development

Haven't bought a vc or wiiware game in more than a year, but I could never pass up a Lost Winds sequel. Looking forward to that anyway

Just recently bought Nyxquest and loved it. 4 Hours 10 Minutes to get all the relics and bonus level completion. 3 Hours 25 Minutes for just beating the game itself. (Actual play time, not counting load screens and pause time and such)

Now I'm workin on Swords and Soldiers, just starting to ramp up in difficulty. The last level I beat was the first one to take longer than the 7 minutes or so from that one timed mission, took me almost a half hour for one mission, was a bit worried about the low completion time before that mission hit. (even tho' the game probably could have been only 1-2 hours and still been worth it with the skirmish and multiplayer modes)

I am thinking my next game will be an older game that I didn't check out cause of lack of funds. Debating between LostWinds and Toki Tori for my next game, seems like both games were well recieved, so can anyone who has played both toss me their opinion? (I will likely get both games, but wont get the second until I complete the first. My backlog is too big)

“All for one and one for all” is an apt way to describe the latest lineup of downloadable games from the Wii™ Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi™ Shop. Each of this week’s new titles is a single-player affair, but they’re all quite different in genre and style, offering something special for a variety of gaming tastes.

WiiWare™
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2
Publisher: Telltale Games
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Alcohol Reference, Cartoon Violence, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Guybrush’s adventures continue on the high seas as pox-plagued pirates lay siege to the innocent Mer-People. Between defending the Mer-People and dodging the persistent pirate hunter hot on his trail, Guybrush manages to catch up to his beloved wife and despised arch-nemesis, but the reunion is short-lived. Now Guybrush must focus on eradicating the Pox of LeChuck before more harm can be done. And as the Mighty Pirate draws closer to a cure, the waters will only grow murkier in this thrilling chapter of the epic saga.

3-2-1, Rattle Battle!
Publisher: Tecmo
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! is a party game packed with exciting mini-games. Intuitive controls mean that anyone can enjoy playing – just grab the Wii Remote™ and shake it to “rattle.” Great fun for single players, but the party really gets started when you register high scores on Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to see how you measure up against players from around the globe.

Virtual Console™
Phantasy Star™
Original platform: SEGA Master System
Publisher: SEGA
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone 10 and Older) – Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Originally released on the SEGA Master System, Phantasy Star is a pioneer in the role-playing game genre. Alis is the fearless female protagonist out to avenge her brother’s death at the hands of cruel dictator King Lassic. Players must guide Alis and her troops through the sprawling environments of the Agol solar system in an attempt to defeat King Lassic and liberate the people of Agol. Engage in dynamic turn-based combat with dragons, ghouls, giants and magicians by using unique weapons such as glowing daggers, crossbows and magic spells.

Nintendo DSiWare™
Puzzle League™ Express
Publisher: Nintendo
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: The ever-popular Puzzle League comes to Nintendo DSiWare. As it is with all good puzzlers, the concept is simple: Connect blocks of the same color to clear them from the screen and prevent your stack from becoming too high. There are four single-player modes to choose from: Endless (survive to earn a top score), Clear (eliminate all blocks above the line), Score Attack (score as high as possible in two minutes) and Vs. COM (use items and combos to attack a computer opponent). You can choose from a variety of background music to help get you in the zone, and even play in horizontal or vertical mode by holding the Nintendo DSi system normally or like a book. Whichever way you play, you’re guaranteed maximum fun.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the WiiShop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

any of you who bought the internet channel, we should be getting 500 points credit on our accounts for a free game in a month or so, i think. That's good to know. I dont know how far back they're going with purchases.

I believe they said it was *any* NES game. The question is will they just give us 500 points, or make us choose from all the NES games and get a download token specifically for that game? Either is fine with me, though.

I'm kinda curious about the upgrades to the internet channel. It said the the flash player would be upgraded from ver.7 to lite ver. 3.something. Anyone know if that means anything specifically (other than it should work better now)?

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'm kinda curious about the upgrades to the internet channel. It said the the flash player would be upgraded from ver.7 to lite ver. 3.something. Anyone know if that means anything specifically (other than it should work better now)?[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be Flash 9 compatible now... Havent tired it out yet, though.

[quote name='lilboo']Say what?[/QUOTE]
CONTRA REBIRTH ON MONDAY

COMPLETE WITH PLAYABLE LOLI-BOT

(Actually, her name is Brownie and most likely based on Browny from Hard Corps.)

Ain't that swell?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea if mine even updated correctly or not, i'm afraid if I delete and re-install they won't give me 500 points. Or maybe they will. Idk.

This week's PR:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: FROM FARAWAY GALAXIES TO THE FAMILY ROOM, START FALL ON A FUN-FILLED FOOT

Sept. 7, 2009

As you bid farewell to summer, you can also greet the fall season with a great big smile, thanks to a fresh lineup of downloadable games from the Wii™ Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi™ Shop. Super Return of the Jedi™ for the Virtual Console™ offers memorable space-themed action for Wii owners, while WiiWare™ welcomes a brand new entry in the classic Contra franchise. On Nintendo DSiWare™, you'll find a portable version of the popular Clubhouse Games to help keep your autumn lively. Speaking of Nintendo DSiWare, time is ticking away on a special offer: Consumers can automatically earn 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points™ by purchasing a new Nintendo DSi™ game system and connecting to the Nintendo DSi Shop by 11:59 pm Pacific time on Oct. 5, 2009. For full offer details, please visit DSiOffer.Nintendo.com

WiiWare

Contra Rebirth
Publisher: Konami
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: Chief Salamander and his Neo-Salamander Force travel back to 1973 A.D. to invade Earth. They land in Central America and take control of the Shizuoka ruins on the Yucatan Peninsula. There, the aliens plan the destruction of all the "Contra" on Earth. The Galactic President calls on Lance Bean, a member of the elite "Contra" warriors, to save the day, but his sudden disappearance jeopardizes the safety of the planet. Now, Bill Rizer and samurai Genbei Yagyu are the last hope for Earth. They must pick up their weapons and defeat the evil Neo-Salamander Army before all is lost. Experience the fast-paced, action-packed, side-scrolling adventure that pioneered the run-and-gun genre.

ColorZ
Publisher: Exkee
Players: 1-3
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Price: 700 Wii Points
Description: With ColorZ, go forth in your spaceships on a mission to clean up virus-infested planets. Immerse yourself in a new gaming experience that will reveal mind-hand-eye coordination skills you never knew you had. Absorb viruses of your own color, but steer clear of the others. If necessary, you can cleverly merge your ships together to create new colors. Buzz past your enemies to keep your combo and clock up a new high score. Explore an extra dimension with the game's multiplayer mode and share the unique experience of cooperative play between friends. Pool your forces, synchronize your movements and become a unified team of up to three players to meet the challenge together.

Virtual Console

Super Return of the Jedi
Original platform: Super NES™
Publisher: LucasArts
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Join the Rebellion and crush the Death Star in a giant universe filled with all the action and adventure of the Star Wars® finale. Take command of five different characters - from Wicket the Ewok to Princess Leia - and go up against the Empire's worst, from Jabba the Hutt to the Emperor himself. You're going to need every ounce of Force you've got in you. Battle in actual movie locales, from Jabba the Hutt's palace to the Forest of Endor and the Emperor's Tower. Cross sabers with the darkest of the dark side: Bib Fortuna, Jabba the Hutt, the rancor, Darth Vader and the Emperor.

Nintendo DSiWare

Clubhouse Games™ Express: Family Favorites
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1-8
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Choose from five family-friendly games in this Nintendo DSiWare version of the popular Clubhouse Games. Play classic card games like Hearts and Contract Bridge; connect bones to other bones in Dominoes; think strategically in the simple but addictive Dots and Boxes; and move your pieces towards a common goal in Ludo. Play by yourself or use DS Download Play to host as many as seven friends.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm a little tired of these express titles. I would rather have new games than broken-down compilations of others.[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least they aren't more clocks/calculators with new themes! :lol:

The final stage of Jedi is probably the most frustrating game most moment I have ever played. And that was with a Game Genie.

I'm probably going to finally get Super Star Wars, though I'm afraid of the difficulty, and, from this batch, Contra Rebirth, though i'm afraid of the difficulty.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Does anyone think Contra Rebirth is better than soemthing like... gunstar heroes?[/QUOTE]
I think I was it was weird to have jumping elephants in the game.

This week, Europe got 2 VC games, and 1 WiiWare game, Solomon's Key - VC Arcade/500 Points, Rygar - VC Arcade/600 Points, and Spaceball Revolution - WiiWare/800 Points.

come on Final Fantasy NES!!!

also, has anyone had any problems with NES titles slowing down? I noticed in kirby's adventure at some points of the game the gameplay would get really sluggish and then it went back to normal again.

I have been playing the NES game Punchout and have not noticed any slowdown, but it's not exactly a processor intensive game. Maybe Kirby's Adventure had that slowdown originally and it's reproducing that?

Slowdown was actually a problem in quite a few original SNES games, especially early games before they figured out programming tricks and efficiencies. Not sure specifically about Kirby, though, because I never played it on SNES.

With Gradius and Contra out of the way, it seems that the next title in the series will be Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth, according to the ESRB rating.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=27675
Castlevania the Adventure ReBirth

Platform: Wii

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: This is a side-scrolling action game in which players battle against monsters in Dracula's castle. Players use a chained whip to fight their way through halls and dungeons filled with zombies, skeletons, flying eyeballs, and bats. The enemy creatures frequently shoot projectiles and attack players in hand-to-hand combat. If players sustain too much damage, they keel over and emit a burst of red blood. Some rooms in the castle also have spikes or spears stained with red, blood-like splotches.

bread's done
Back