Wii Sports Club goes free 3/21-3/23

chatgirl4

Banned
Wii Sports Club will be available to Wii U owners free of charge later this month, Nintendo has announced. Access to the game will be available for a limited time, with the promotion spanning from March 21st to the 23rd. 

The company also revealed that a nine-hole golf course from
Wii Sports Resort has been added to Wii Sports Club via an update that you can download right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, looks like I'll grab this whenever it's free!

EDIT: Wait, you can only play it for free for a few days? Well, that is lame

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fewpHpbiPfc_H2LnEG1PYE26XBmYZzky

Starting on March 21 at 9 a.m. PT, Wii U owners can download and play the Wii Sports Club game for free until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Players who want to keep playing after March 23 can purchase a Day Pass for $1.99 in the Nintendo eShop to play all available sports for a 24-hour period, or can buy a Club Pass that provides permanent access to individual sports for $9.99 each.

It's a free trial.
That's kind of lame. All they have to do is put the fucking thing on sale for half off and I'll buy it. Nintendo seems to think that putting their games on sale (as opossed to 3rd party and indie games) is somehow a bad idea. $15 for all the Wii U sports games seems fair considering they're just a bunch of rehashes. I've got the Wii Sport and Resort already after all. Everyone does.

It's like with Wii Fit, you get this feeling that Nintendo thinks everything they make is like their main IP's, that they can keep pumping these games out and people will just keep buying them. These more casual games don't have that kind of staying power, they're quite literally fads whereas the Mario's, Zelda's, etc have a fanbase that ensure a decent demand year after year after year after year...for decades. You can't put out a new Wii Sports game every 2-3 years for 30 years and expect people will buy them all.

That's kind of lame. All they have to do is put the fucking thing on sale for half off and I'll buy it. Nintendo seems to think that putting their games on sale (as opossed to 3rd party and indie games) is somehow a bad idea. $15 for all the Wii U sports games seems fair considering they're just a bunch of rehashes. I've got the Wii Sport and Resort already after all. Everyone does.

It's like with Wii Fit, you get this feeling that Nintendo thinks everything they make is like their main IP's, that they can keep pumping these games out and people will just keep buying them. These more casual games don't have that kind of staying power, they're quite literally fads whereas the Mario's, Zelda's, etc have a fanbase that ensure a decent demand year after year after year after year...for decades. You can't put out a new Wii Sports game every 2-3 years for 30 years and expect people will buy them all.
Yo, I didn't ask for a rant, dude. I'm just stating what it is, before more people bitch and moan about it because the TC put out an incorrect title and information.

bread's done
Back