Wii Sports Resort Deal (Walmart)

TRU (Toys R Us) gives you a $5 GC when you pick it up IF you have it pre-ordered and in the TRU add for next week that is a sticky at the top of this forum says Rewards R Us members will get a $20 GC if it is picked up on 7/26 between 10am-2pm. So that is basically 1/2 back in GCs.

I preordered it even though I have not turned my Wii on in several months. 1/2 off is a deal. Plus if I don't open it and it is anything like previous Wii Hardware (the motion plus that is included) it will be hard to find and worth more than retail. Not counting on that but the previous Wii Sports was fun for quite awhile.

[quote name='sdcranford']TRU (Toys R Us) gives you a $5 GC when you pick it up IF you have it pre-ordered and in the TRU add for next week that is a sticky at the top of this forum says Rewards R Us members will get a $20 GC if it is picked up on 7/26 between 10am-2pm. So that is basically 1/2 back in GCs.

I preordered it even though I have not turned my Wii on in several months. 1/2 off is a deal. Plus if I don't open it and it is anything like previous Wii Hardware (the motion plus that is included) it will be hard to find and worth more than retail. Not counting on that but the previous Wii Sports was fun for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's good! I'll probably become a Rewards R Us member just for that! (as long as it's free)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow, TRU deal is great. I'll have to do that-- TRU GCs are just as good as money for me, assuming they don't go out of business. Clearances are great.[/QUOTE]

Back when Res Evil 5 or World At War, TRU got my money with all their sweet $20 GC deals. Once you get the first one, you just keep recycling them for the new game deal and basically buy all the Summer hits for $40 each. I did one for W@W, then Used on RE5(May have been in reverse? I can't recall which hit first, but I used one for the other regardless) which netted another....I used it and had to start over, but did Prototype with the $20 card, then Ghostbusters. Was planning on Batman, but it was delayed and ive lost most interest in the title in general. Now they have this deal with Wii Sports Resort where I basically use the $20 GC and get a $25 GC($20+5 reserve). TRU is quickly becoming my fav retailer for new releases all over again.

The card won't be live right away. It is either later in the day or a day or two later from what I remember when they had the rockband 2 "misprint". Still you could always get a second wii motion plus for next to nothing with the gift card a day or two later which is what I think I might do.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']How do you become a Toysrus rewards member?[/QUOTE]
You can sign up on the Toys R Us website and print out a temporary membership card to use until the send you one in the mail.
Just go to the TRU website and click on rewards R us. Their security certificate expired today, so you may have to add an exception in your web browser but after that you'll have no problems signing up.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']I wonder if Best Buy would match the gift card offer?[/QUOTE]

reading the online faq it says it will. Do you have to bring the actual ad to get a price match or can you just bring like a print out?

I successfully PM'd the TRU deal at Best Buy (Christiana, DE). I brought the actual ad - not sure if a print out would work. They gave me the game + $20 gc for $49.99.

Just picked my copy up at TRU. $49.99 and got a $25 GC ($5 for pre-order, $20 for being a Rewards member and picking up between 10a & 2pm). I usually PM at BB but wanted the extra $5 GC for pre-order. 1/2 off is about what this bundle is worth, $50 is pretty high.

[quote name='Sarrasis']I successfully PM'd the TRU deal at Best Buy (Christiana, DE). I brought the actual ad - not sure if a print out would work. They gave me the game + $20 gc for $49.99.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I'll have to try this when I pick it up this week.

If I knew about the $5 preorder bonus at TRU, I would've done that. I didn't even know about the $20 one until I got the Sunday paper this morning. I also wasn't aware of needing to be a TRU rewards member until I went up to the counter and the guy at the register told me I needed to be one in order to get the $20 GC. Still, $20 instead of $25 is still not a bad deal.

bread's done
Back