Wii to launch early? No, seriously, Best Buy says so!

Anyway, about the Wii's dimensions. Those are not accurate, right? They seem really off, so I'm guessing Best Buy just put those in as place holders?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']dimensions of the box no?[/quote]
Well, they have two entries. The first entry is for the box, and the second entry is for the item. I'm curious to know what the exact dimensions for the Wii are now, since I recall Nintendo saying a while ago that the Wii will be around the size of 3 DVD cases stacked.

i've been on vacation for a week and there is so much news. this is interesting but i'm willing to bet they won't break the street date. they would incur monetary penalties(the store would). that being said though, best buy isn't usually one to follow rules hence their loss leading practices with the music they sell for dirt cheap. I'm either doing best buy or wal-mart since i have a friend there. We'll see.

T. Foolery

[quote name='yukine']Well, they have two entries. The first entry is for the box, and the second entry is for the item. I'm curious to know what the exact dimensions for the Wii are now, since I recall Nintendo saying a while ago that the Wii will be around the size of 3 DVD cases stacked.[/QUOTE]

Lets speculate, the item clearly fits the 3 dvd size, but the box is much larger and is 16 lbs heavier. Now I've held the Wiimote and it was barely a couple ounces with batteries.

So its either a typo or Wii Sports is printed on a 24k disc.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Lets speculate, the item clearly fits the 3 dvd size, but the box is much larger and is 16 lbs heavier. Now I've held the Wiimote and it was barely a couple ounces with batteries.

So its either a typo or Wii Sports is printed on a 24k disc.[/QUOTE]

No, that's Zelda.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']
All I'm saying is that I think some of you are fooling yourself if you think the Nintendo is going to sell units just because it's there. [/quote]

You are totally underestimating the Christmas effect.

Lots of kids will have the PS3 on their list. Few will get it, because of supply, but many others won't because of cost. It's Christmas, and kids ask for anything they might possibly get, no matter how unrealistic.

Parents will look, and they'll see the expensive, unavailable PS3 and the cheaper, available Wii. They'll see demo units and the Nintendo brand and will decide on the spot that the Wii will be the next best thing for Christmas.

In the long run, I believe you're correct -- just because it's there won't be good enough. But from now until the end of the year, moms and dads will see an option that lets them get something new and flashy that they actually might play with their kids.

Ha! I would be lucky if my local Best Buy/GameStop/EB gets 10 Wiis/PS3s between them. They all seem to be very poorly run and rude when I ask about pre-orders. Asscocks.

Either way this all pans out, roughly half of this forum will have to eat their words and be wrong when these consoles launch.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Either way this all pans out, roughly half of this forum will have to eat their words and be wrong when these consoles launch.[/QUOTE]

Not for people like me that will buy all 3 LOL! suckers.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Lets speculate, the item clearly fits the 3 dvd size, but the box is much larger and is 16 lbs heavier. Now I've held the Wiimote and it was barely a couple ounces with batteries.

So its either a typo or Wii Sports is printed on a 24k disc.[/quote]
Er, take a look again. Unless where you live DVD cases are 4.3" x 9.84" x 14.96"?

As I said a few posts back, it's probably a place holder, or more likely a mistake.

I don't think the dimensions are a mistake. It sounds legit considering what's coming in the Wii box.

What's in the Wii Box?

Wii Console
Wii Stand + Plate
Wii Sensor Bar + Stand
Wii Remote + Strap
Nunchuk
AC Adapter
Stereo AV Cable
2 AA Batteries
Wii Sports

The first entry is for one case of Wii boxes, while the second is for each Wii box itself. There's probably 3 Wiis per case.

I just hope that Ninty doesn't cheap out and put Wii Sports in a cardboard sleeve.

[quote name='orimental']I just hope that Ninty doesn't cheap out and put Wii Sports in a cardboard sleeve.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I will be PISSED if they just stick them in a sleeve. That would just suck. I want all my games to be in DVD cases.

[quote name='hfdpro']Brilliant move by the big N to release days after the PS3. The early adopters of the PS3 will most likely be the hardcore fanboys, and some ebayers, supply dictates that. Now picture the people who are on the fence, who at launch cannot find a PS3 and refuse to pay the ebay prices. These are the frustrated masses that will purchase the readily available Wii along with the gamer who has already made up their mind that they must have one. My prediction, the Wii will break all console sales records, early launch or not.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think you're gonne be right on the money with this call here...

[quote name='orimental']I don't think the dimensions are a mistake. It sounds legit considering what's coming in the Wii box.

What's in the Wii Box?

Wii Console
Wii Stand + Plate
Wii Sensor Bar + Stand
Wii Remote + Strap
Nunchuk
AC Adapter
Stereo AV Cable
2 AA Batteries
Wii Sports

The first entry is for one case of Wii boxes, while the second is for each Wii box itself. There's probably 3 Wiis per case.

I just hope that Ninty doesn't cheap out and put Wii Sports in a cardboard sleeve.[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. :D

[quote name='dserafin1986']Dude, I think you're gonne be right on the money with this call here...[/QUOTE]

Well, considering all of the EB/GS launch PS3s are already history and the big boxes are supposedly getting even less than that, I think this is a safe bet.

[quote name='Tybee']Well, considering all of the EB/GS launch PS3s are already history and the big boxes are supposedly getting even less than that, I think this is a safe bet.[/quote]
Yeah, I can see it happening.

I think the Wii is going to sell very, very well. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Wii's initial shipment becoming sold out, if not almost sold out.

bread's done
Back