wii u 249.99

Wii U doesn't need a price drop right now. It needs to fix its load times and get some triple-A software and some 3rd party support out there.

Nintendo won't add a bigger hd since they designed it to easily add a cheap external, which are next to nothing right now. We had a old 1 tb laying around we put on ours, and you can find those for under $50 shipped.

They can't really drop the very reasonable price, since they are already selling it as a loss. I'm sure they are planning on bundling launch titles in future bundles, once new titles start rolling in.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get a 1tb for $70, but I love my deluxe. I'm waiting for more games to come out.

I figure once they release the pad there will be more bundle deals, but this is a good price. Save the gift card for a buy2g1.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Price will have to drop for holidays, because it will be going against next gen systems. If it can't even compete against current gen systems in the market, how is it going to hold up when next gen systems are out there? What if PS4 is only $399?

Anyway $250 is not bad, IF it was the deluxe system I might have jumped on it. But since it's the regular version I'm going to hold off. I'm hoping they put out a "super deluxe" system with 128GB memory, 1 game, and maybe hit $299 for holiday. Honestly this basic system needs to drop to like $199 to really be competitive.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they will need a price drop to complete. the wiiu is 300 the ps4 is going to be how much? 500? The 720 similar? This is obviously speculation but I'd say the "real" next gen consoles will cost a prettier penny.

As long as they have a good list of new aaa titles, Nintendo will be fine with the Wii U. By that time we should have some nintendo brand hot titles, monster hunter, bayonetta 2, and it looks like other developers are warming to the system as I'm seeing other new titles announced recently.

Something else to consider, you'll need pricey new extra controllers for them as well, so you have to add probably no less than $60 to their bases systems just for one extra controller. I'm guessing we'll see the ps4 ring in around $450-$500, and with a second controller, thats getting to be quite a bit more than even the deluxe wii U.

After seeing Tomb Raider on the ps3, they are really going to have to show something more than the demos we saw for us to upgrade our ps3... I saw nothing better than what I saw in tomb raider, and if its not compatible with our current catalog, we'll be using our ps3 for our current backlog. I think we have 20-30 titles backlogged for our wii U and ps3 right now, and it'll take us months to burn through these.

And we'll be picking up 2013 titles around christmas at the usual deep discount pricing, so we'll have even more by then.

We popped for the wii u launch, but I think we'll be sitting tight on the ps4 and xbox 720 for no less than 6 months after launch to see something that really compels us to go with one or the other.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I'm not saying a price drop isn't a possibility. I'm saying that outside of a Retailer Holiday sale I doubt we're gonna see the Deluxe + AAA game for $300

The 3DS is a handheld. $250 for a handheld is ridiculous, $250 for a console especially one basically cradling between 7th & 8th gen isn't.

The big problem with the WiiU is games. There just isn't a system seller out there. If the price is the same by the time Pikmin or Zelda HD comes out then you'll see a lot more people buying the console even without a price drop.

Though this talk isn't really for the deal section so.[/QUOTE]

It is cradling more towards 7th gen. Which is why one without any storage and basically 2006 power means if they are taking a loss at $200 for an 8GB model then that is just a doomed proposition.

They need a price cut, or upgrade in value (including storage) by later this year or it will be dead in the water.

Kind of reminds at the Microsoft proposal with Kinect 2 bundled automatically. Pass.

[quote name='honkyjesus']It is cradling more towards 7th gen. Which is why one without any storage and basically 2006 power means if they are taking a loss at $200 for an 8GB model then that is just a doomed proposition.

They need a price cut, or upgrade in value (including storage) by later this year or it will be dead in the water.

Kind of reminds at the Microsoft proposal with Kinect 2 bundled automatically. Pass.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U is fine and doesn't need a price cut to be competitive. It's sold this many with the meager library already, the Target deal is ridiculous, and perfect timing with MH3U out a few days ago, I'd jump on this if I didn't already have one. BTW keep in mind the basic launch 360 had only 20GB, less on the arcade. Get the Wii U at target, $250 and use the $50 GC on a external HDD. Win Win!

bread's done
Back