Wii U 8GB in-stock at GameStop (32GB sold out)

[quote name='doodofdoods']The secret to their brainwashing are their copious amounts of fun, exclusive, first party video games and constant innovation. No fanboy, either. Just truth.

NSMBU and NintendoLand are quality video gaming experiences that can only be found on the Wii U right now.[/QUOTE]
DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! That's the most hilarious thing I've heard today! Good one, sir!

I got a phone call yesterday asking if i wanted one from being on the waiting list, but of course I'm going to wait, don't even think it's worth flipping.

thanks op but id rather put that money towards a new GPU for my pc, a new cellphone or heck even an xbox 360 or psvita.

So I hate to jump in on a thread about specific consoles, as they're generally fanboy fodder, but I own and greatly enjoy my Wii U. I also own and greatly enjoy every other console that has existed since the Atari (skipped Jaguar, 3DO, and the Neo Geo).

The best thing about the Wii U is the part that you hear the least about: Miiverse. If you game with friends or like establishing a community around gaming, or a specific game, then Miiverse is pretty much the $#!+.

Yesterday I was playing NSMBU, grabbed a new power up, hit the guide button, and went to the NSMBU Miiverse community. From there I posted a screenshot of where I was in-game, drew, on the pad, the flying squirrel power up vs the tanooki leaf, and posted it in the NSMBU community.

From there, some people "Liked" it. A bunch replied. Other's drew their favorite power up back. I then checked some things on the internet (browser is fast) and, finally, went back to right where I was in-game. Later I checked Miiverse and it flashed to tell me that others responded.

Miiverse is, frankly, awesome. We're gamers. We play games. We are not employed as public relations liasons for Sony, MS, or Nintendo. Fighting on their behalf is silly, as they don't give a crap about us. Bottom line: if you like having a community around games and gaming then the Wii U is a console for you.

they just posted an article saying that when they sell one game with a wii u they are making profit. nintendo is far from hurting with the wii u and after buying one today, im stoked for the system's future releases.

[quote name='plebeianprint']
The best thing about the Wii U is the part that you hear the least about: Miiverse. If you game with friends or like establishing a community around gaming, or a specific game, then Miiverse is pretty much the $#!+.[/QUOTE]

lol lol lol. Im sorry but really...miiverse.. sure if you are still a kid but for an adult thats a good way to get ridiculed and rightfully so.

[quote name='Deader2818']Honestly, do people just talk out their ass?

What proof do you have its selling bad?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I have been a fan of Nintendo since the NES. Then I got a 64, then I got a GBA, then I got a Gamecube, then I got a SNES and Gameboy Color. But I refused to get a Wii. I also refuse to get a Wii U. don't think Nintendo knows how to compete with Sony and Microsoft this days.

The only reason I would even consider buying a Wii U is if it was -150 USD and the Zelda Series. Im aware that won't happen in the next few years at least not new.

My point being is the only hardcore gamers that buy Wii's and Wii U's are the ones that have love Nintendo exclusives since the NES era. And the ones that have enough money to spend on all 3 consoles and PC. Other then that Nintendo is focusing most of their attention towards casual gamers.

Long story short, the sells are bad specialy compared to last gen. The critism is high even in Japan and most people are staying away from it even though it's next gen it still can't keep up with the PS3 or 360.

[quote name='Kikyou1']To be honest I have been a fan of Nintendo since the NES. Then I got a 64, then I got a GBA, then I got a Gamecube, then I got a SNES and Gameboy Color. But I refused to get a Wii. I also refuse to get a Wii U. don't think Nintendo knows how to compete with Sony and Microsoft this days.

The only reason I would even consider buying a Wii U is if it was -150 USD and the Zelda Series. Im aware that won't happen in the next few years at least not new.

My point being is the only hardcore gamers that buy Wii's and Wii U's are the ones that have love Nintendo exclusives since the NES era. And the ones that have enough money to spend on all 3 consoles and PC. Other then that Nintendo is focusing most of their attention towards casual gamers.

Long story short, the sells are bad specialy compared to last gen. The critism is high even in Japan and most people are staying away from it even though it's next gen it still can't keep up with the PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, so talking out your ass. Got it.

Everyone can calm down anyway. You know who made the Wii launch so bat crap crazy? Not people like us. None of our opinions matter. Next week someone like Oprah could have one on TV and suddenly every soccer mom just found her new Tickle Me Elmo. Seriously, talking graphics or games or ANYTHING at this point is moot. People like us drove the Xbox 360 shortage, not the Wii.

[quote name='Kikyou1']
Long story short, the sells are bad specialy compared to last gen. The critism is high even in Japan and most people are staying away from it even though it's next gen it still can't keep up with the PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

Yet it's projected to sell 400k MORE than Wii did when it launched?
Bad sales, indeed!

The best CAGs are the ones who come in to Forum X to say they don't want what's in the title..

[quote name='retrad']lol lol lol. Im sorry but really...miiverse.. sure if you are still a kid but for an adult thats a good way to get ridiculed and rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

Dude, who cares? It's not hurting you, grow up. That's like saying as an adult you're not allowed to like certain things. You sound stupid.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Dude, who cares? It's not hurting you, grow up. That's like saying as an adult you're not allowed to like certain things. You sound stupid.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that how the real world works? You can't like Mario or Smash Bros.
Only the latest CoD or Halo.

Also, no Disney movies. They're so kiddie! :roll:

[quote name='retrad']lol lol lol. Im sorry but really...miiverse.. sure if you are still a kid but for an adult thats a good way to get ridiculed and rightfully so.[/QUOTE]

Miiverse is essentially just gaming-centric social media. Not sure why anyone would ridicule someone else for liking it. Or why anyone would care what such obvious judgmental pricks think anyway.

Lmao at all the doomsaying in this thread. This thing might see a $50-$75 discount by next holiday at best. You think Microsoft or Sony will be selling their new consoles for under $400? Not likely.

[quote name='Fukurou']DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! That's the most hilarious thing I've heard today! Good one, sir![/QUOTE]
mj-laughing.gif

[quote name='Kikyou1']

It's not even out in Japan, and it's going to have monster hunter so it will sell a ton of units there.

The phone call was for a local store. Nintendo could of been smart and just had a ton of units prepared for launch, so assuming it's a bad launch isn't right but we'll see soon what news reports will find. I just think I don't game enough on my ps3, xbox 360, 3ds, pc/mac, smartphones to want another system.

I really don't get it.

Why in the fuck do you care if someone plays Nintendo, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, or Playstation? You don't like Nintendo, why do you waste your time even posting in Nintendo threads? What are you doing with your life if THAT is how you spend off time?

Already proclaiming the demise of the WiiU an saying "bad reviews" (please, I have not read ONE bad review about the system. Some games, yes. The system? The system is nothing short of a home run). Already banking on systems that won't even be out for 2 years minimum and saying the WiiU is gonna be cut in half "soon"?

Listen, if you're younger than 15 and are trolling then that can be pinned on the hubris of youth. However, the sad thing is that most of you are grown ass men.

No matter how much you want it to fail, it won't. This is Nintendo, they are the New York Yankees of the video gaming world. They won the VG wars in the 90's, they won the "current gen" war, and they are the first to jump into the "next gen" pool. Why do you even care? If the WiiU is not for you, then why even open a thread about it? I hate hibachi, so why would I go inside Benihana just to hang out and tell the dude that his food sucks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 1... thinking there would be online play. NONE effing boring. Nintendo Land is only fun if you play with others who like to compete!!!! the New mario while cool... its not as fun as it was advertised. I don't see online leaderboards for the challenges. Just your system leaderboard. BORING! If I can't sell it on craigslist I will just get a refund.

I got the call yesterday from Gamestop as I was on the Power Up Rewards waiting list. Now I have an unopened 32 GB Wii U sitting in the corner, but honestly, I don't know if I'm going to keep it. My backlog is so huge and I'm so busy, when the hell will I have time to play?

I'm also not sold on the games yet, as some haven't received great reviews. Though I never owned a Wii, so there's a bunch of games I've been wanting to play like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Kart.

Damn it - I can't decide! Keep it or bring it back...UGH! I know I'm really fortunate to not only have been able to get my hands on one, but to also have been able to afford it. I never had a game console at launch (always too expensive for me before), so it's kind of cool. If I do keep it, I'll get rid of Nintendo Land, I hate those little Mii things and the game's just not my bag.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']I got the call yesterday from Gamestop as I was on the Power Up Rewards waiting list. Now I have an unopened 32 GB Wii U sitting in the corner, but honestly, I don't know if I'm going to keep it. My backlog is so huge and I'm so busy, when the hell will I have time to play?

I'm also not sold on the games yet, as some haven't received great reviews. Though I never owned a Wii, so there's a bunch of games I've been wanting to play like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Kart.

Damn it - I can't decide! Keep it or bring it back...UGH! I know I'm really fortunate to not only have been able to get my hands on one, but to also have been able to afford it. I never had a game console at launch (always too expensive for me before), so it's kind of cool. If I do keep it, I'll get rid of Nintendo Land, I hate those little Mii things and the game's just not my bag.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I have the same "problem" with a Wii U just sitting here, unopened. I have so much to play between my 360, PSVita, 3DS, PC and PS3 if I ever decide to play games on it again (heheheh). I think I'm returning mine, but I LOVE a new console and the child in me wants to bust the damn thing open and play it. But in reality, I don't need it and don't have time to play. There are some cool games out, however, butttttttttt....self-control *crosses-fingers*

I cant afford the one I bought, probably cant even get all my money back reselling it, and have to ship it back at my own expense if I return it since TrU doesn't take online orders back in store unless I want nearly $400 in TrU credit (I really, really do not).

One way or another I'm getting rid of this thing though. I'd also like to just rip it open and play some Mario but I'm just too broke for it right now.

Wow..just classic. Someone that "can't afford the one they bought". A fine model American right there. Buying things they cannot afford and I guess there are government handouts to fall back on though.

Maybe he was another prospective reseller that realized he wasn't going to make money selling it like everyone thought they would?

Just completely silly. You have all these people now that bought them and are just going to return them. SMDH

[quote name='BetterToGive']Wow..just classic. Someone that "can't afford the one they bought". A fine model American right there. Buying things they cannot afford and I guess there are government handouts to fall back on though.

Maybe he was another prospective reseller that realized he wasn't going to make money selling it like everyone thought they would?

Just completely silly. You have all these people now that bought them and are just going to return them. SMDH[/QUOTE]

I blame OP for the title.

[quote name='PDJ']I know how you feel. I have the same "problem" with a Wii U just sitting here, unopened. I have so much to play between my 360, PSVita, 3DS, PC and PS3 if I ever decide to play games on it again (heheheh). I think I'm returning mine, but I LOVE a new console and the child in me wants to bust the damn thing open and play it. But in reality, I don't need it and don't have time to play. There are some cool games out, however, butttttttttt....self-control *crosses-fingers*[/QUOTE]

Yea i feel the same way if i had spent $250 or $300 i would prob just keep it. However, spending $382 total with shipping and tax is alot to just keep it then you figure well at worst you can resell it then you see the ebay sales not selling for much. Its a tough decision plus i have so many games and other things going on like you said. So I want to play it but i figure it would just be too much to justify money wise, then reselling is a minimum profit and returning it kinda sucks too so tough decision.

It's worth keeping if you don't have a Wii. The backward compatibility and upscaling of Wii games makes it worth - especially if you haven't still played the top tier Wii games yet. They still hold up.

[quote name='209chromatic']Vita.lmao[/QUOTE]

With recent game releases, PS+ support, and the new firmware, the PS Vita experience is pretty compelling. Not sure "trendy kids" would appreciate it, but real gamers should.

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']It's worth keeping if you don't have a Wii. The backward compatibility and upscaling of Wii games makes it worth - especially if you haven't still played the top tier Wii games yet. They still hold up.[/QUOTE]

I thought its been confirmed that the Wii U doesn't upscale Wii games?

EDIT: Well it does seem to upscale, never mind!

[quote name='chimpmeister']I thought its been confirmed that the Wii U doesn't upscale Wii games?[/QUOTE]

They said it wouldn't, but it does

While i'm not saying it's not selling well worldwide. at my Gamestop we're not moving any units. We sold the few preorders we had. Out of the 40ish people on our waiting list, at least 30 of them were taken off because they weren't interested, while we sold to maybe 5 people on the waiting list so far. My store is currently sitting on so many units that they're not shipping us anymore.
I have no idea what the deal is, but i'm curious to see some numbers on the Wii U sales.
What's keeping me from buying one right now is the lack of any good games outside of New Super Mario U.
Anyone else know any information on their store sales?

[quote name='drphibes']I really don't get it.

Why in the fuck do you care if someone plays Nintendo, Xbox, Dreamcast, Genesis, or Playstation? You don't like Nintendo, why do you waste your time even posting in Nintendo threads? What are you doing with your life if THAT is how you spend off time?

Already proclaiming the demise of the WiiU an saying "bad reviews" (please, I have not read ONE bad review about the system. Some games, yes. The system? The system is nothing short of a home run). Already banking on systems that won't even be out for 2 years minimum and saying the WiiU is gonna be cut in half "soon"?

Listen, if you're younger than 15 and are trolling then that can be pinned on the hubris of youth. However, the sad thing is that most of you are grown ass men.

No matter how much you want it to fail, it won't. This is Nintendo, they are the New York Yankees of the video gaming world. They won the VG wars in the 90's, they won the "current gen" war, and they are the first to jump into the "next gen" pool. Why do you even care? If the WiiU is not for you, then why even open a thread about it? I hate hibachi, so why would I go inside Benihana just to hang out and tell the dude that his food sucks?[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of sad trolls that have nothing better to do than to disparage nintendo. It's pretty pathetic. I tried once to figure out why but there is no why. Hopefully, they'll just get banned sooner or later.

[quote name='JoeyLYCAN']While i'm not saying it's not selling well worldwide. at my Gamestop we're not moving any units. We sold the few preorders we had. Out of the 40ish people on our waiting list, at least 30 of them were taken off because they weren't interested, while we sold to maybe 5 people on the waiting list so far. My store is currently sitting on so many units that they're not shipping us anymore.
I have no idea what the deal is, but i'm curious to see some numbers on the Wii U sales.
What's keeping me from buying one right now is the lack of any good games outside of New Super Mario U.
Anyone else know any information on their store sales?[/QUOTE]

To me, it's confirmation the early "illusion of scarcity" was caused by flippers and speculators. The real gamers that want units should be able to find them without overpaying. This is a very good thing!

What's up with the people who bought a console but don't want to play with it? Why buy a console you don't want to own? Either you have shopping addiction or video game addiction. I saw a WiiU yesterday evening at WalMart and nobody at the store seemed to care. These things are everywhere.

My theory is that the casual Nintendo customer doesn't want to pay this much for a console or their Wii purchase was just an impulse buy since they were that hot toy a few years ago and now their Wii is just eating dust in a closet so they learned their lesson.

I still remember seeing a bunch of moms buying the WiiFit thinking they were going to work out and be cool just because Oprah said so. Fun times.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I bought one, but I'm going to be returning it next week. I bought it without deciding on whether or not I wanted it, and decided there really are no games I'm interested in, so no point in me blowing almost $400 for a system that is going to sit and collect dust. I'll get one when big-time RPGs start coming out for it. Whenever that may be.[/QUOTE]

This is what I expect the majority of us feel. There's really no reason to get excited about the Wii U. I stood in line at a Target on launch day for the Wii and had an amazing time, for the Wii U, I really couldn't care less. I have serious doubts about sales on this one and Nintendo's financial situation as a whole after poor sales of the 3DS. I'm happy for those who wanted a Wii U and end up getting one, but I don't share in your enthusiasm.

I thought CAG was a place above system trolling. But with an influx of users for the holidays and there being no home console launch in 6 years, I guess it makes sense in a sad, pathetic sort of way. I know that people will stop their trolling some day, because I did. When I was younger I was diehard with my gaming preference. I didn't lash out as hard as others do, but I can see why they do. Just have to wait it out... until the next generation of kids start using the internet.

So far my Wii U seems like a good purchase. I can see myself getting a good amount of fun out of the multiplayer centered stuff. To those expecting to flip it... I think you could have seen this coming. The original will was cheaper, and thus making money on it was an easier prospect. Plus there is no "Wii Sports" hit on the Wii U.

[quote name='drphibes']I really don't get it.

This is Nintendo, they are the New York Yankees of the video gaming world. They won the VG wars in the 90's, they won the "current gen" war, and they are the first to jump into the "next gen" pool. [/QUOTE]

Three things

1) You are kind of coming off like a fanboy in response to a troll, not a winning strategy.

2) Regarding winning the "current gen" console war (and let's qualify this by saying it's based on numbers alone, NOT on licenses sold etc.)... yes, there are many Wii's sitting in homes and closets collecting dust, congrats Nintendo?

3) The Wii U is NOT a "next gen" device and everyone damn well knows it. It is on par with the 360 and PS3, but will be dwarfed when Sony and Microsoft release the next iterations of their devices. That's an awfully ginormous pill to swallow saying that Nintendo is the first in the "next gen" pool. I ain't buying it, literally.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DoomPiper']This is what I expect the majority of us feel. There's really no reason to get excited about the Wii U. I stood in line at a Target on launch day for the Wii and had an amazing time, for the Wii U, I really couldn't care less. I have serious doubts about sales on this one and Nintendo's financial situation as a whole after poor sales of the 3DS. I'm happy for those who wanted a Wii U and end up getting one, but I don't share in your enthusiasm.[/QUOTE]
No one gives a crap if you're enthused or hyped about the WiiU launch, no one. No one cares that you were hyped for the first Wii's launch either.

Seriously, this is the internet and this is a large community here. Why do people bother posting this kind of crap?

No one cares if you're disinterested. Don't buy it and just stop posting, really.

The people who buy $300-$400 systems that they admittedly can't afford are just pathetic. People buying them just to flip them lack ingenuity.

[quote name='BetterToGive']No one gives a crap if you're enthused or hyped about the WiiU launch, no one. No one cares that you were hyped for the first Wii's launch either.

Seriously, this is the internet and this is a large community here. Why do people bother posting this kind of crap?

No one cares if you're disinterested. Don't buy it and just stop posting, really.

The people who buy $300-$400 systems that they admittedly can't afford are just pathetic. People buying them just to flip them lack ingenuity.[/QUOTE]

So you're no one? Don't sell yourself so short. ;)

bread's done
Back