Wii U 8GB in-stock at GameStop (32GB sold out)

[quote name='DoomPiper']So you're no one? Don't sell yourself so short. ;)[/QUOTE]
As if we didn't already know.... Troll much?

[quote name='BetterToGive']As if we didn't already know.... Troll much?[/QUOTE]

Right, because I'm the one that came on here and posted disrespectful inflammatory replies to others. Oh wait, that was you. A dose of maturity would do you well. The internet is a place where ideas can be exchanged. If you're not down with that, I'm sure we can get by without you.

[quote name='DoomPiper']Right, because I'm the one that came on here and posted disrespectful inflammatory replies to others. Oh wait, that was you. A dose of maturity would do you well. The internet is a place where ideas can be exchanged. If you're not down with that, I'm sure we can get by without you.[/QUOTE]
Stop posting. You have no interest in the Wii U. Go away.

[quote name='drphibes']I really don't get it.

Already proclaiming the demise of the WiiU an saying "bad reviews" (please, I have not read ONE bad review about the system. Some games, yes. The system? The system is nothing short of a home run). Already banking on systems that won't even be out for 2 years minimum and saying the WiiU is gonna be cut in half "soon"?
No matter how much you want it to fail, it won't. This is Nintendo, they are the New York Yankees of the video gaming world. They won the VG wars in the 90's, they won the "current gen" war, and they are the first to jump into the "next gen" pool.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but the system is far short of a "home run". The gamepad obviously leeched away alot of resources from the console itself; Nintendo won't even disclose what CPU is in the Wii U, and there is speculation that is nothing more than a Wii CPU with two extra cores added.

Nintendo isn't the "New York Yankees of the video gaming world". The OLD Nintendo, of NES/SNES/N64 days, WAS; but the NEW Nintendo is just a pale shadow of its former self. The Wii was a great success, but also a huge blemish on their reputation; now it seems that their obsession with gimmicks is becoming their downfall.

No reason to get all upset about it; people are free to offer opinions that might not agree with yours. That's the nature of the Internet. Just move on.

I'm buying a Wii U because I'm a gamer, and there will be some games I want to play on it. That said, I think this console is a flop for a lot of reasons, and if Nintendo wants to stay in the console business, I think they'll be rebooting within 3 years. The Wii U controller is not even close to the home run that the Wiimote was, in terms of what it did, which was bring a revolutionary change to gaming that you could ONLY get with the Wii. A change that everyone from an avid gamer, to someone who had no interest in games and never played a game, could understand and want to experience.

The Wii U pad is novel, but nobody was asking for it, and I'm not sure that many people even want it. 3 to 4 hour charge time for the controller that comes with the system? That sounds awful...just awful to me. It's the main way to play games and it only holds a 3 to 4 hour charge. Yikes.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No offense, but the system is far short of a "home run". The gamepad obviously leeched away alot of resources from the console itself; Nintendo won't even disclose what CPU is in the Wii U, and there is speculation that is nothing more than a Wii CPU with two extra cores added. [/QUOTE]

That sums it up nicely. They made a console geared towards gamers, and rather than give us something better than what we've been seeing and playing for the past 7 years, they merely matched the tech of 7 years ago, and they did it because their stupid controller ate up the budget that SHOULD have gone to RAM, GPU, and Processor improvements.

Again, I'm buying a Wii U deluxe as soon as I can find one, but I am 1000x more hyped for what PS4 and XBox 720 will bring to the table. I'm sick of the way games look right now. I'm ready for my eyeballs to bleed with joy again. This gen feels tired, and Nintendo just showed up to a game that's already over. The Wii U is guarnteed to be the box that I play only my Nintendo games on for another generation, which sucks. I love Nintendo games, and I would love it if it were my console of choice.

And let's not even talk about online or acheivements/trophies. How they don't have a trophy/achievement system in place, at launch...boggles the mind. They have had 7 years notice that gamers like and want achievements. SEVEN years to build a system for achievements. 7. Seven. My mind is blown.

And I'm not trolling here. I think this is pretty well common feeling in the gaming community. If you didn't want a system that was better, in terms of graphical fidelity, and core internet functionality, than the 360 and PS3, well, let's just say I don't believe you.

[quote name='BetterToGive']Wow..just classic. Someone that "can't afford the one they bought". A fine model American right there. Buying things they cannot afford and I guess there are government handouts to fall back on though.
[/QUOTE]

Ha, love how since the guy couldn't afford it, but bought one anyway, you assume he must be taking "government handouts" on the side. Pathetic. Sounds like someone's still butt hurt Romney didn't win...

[quote name='rerun']Is it even launching with a Mario game?[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros. U. Which is a clone of a game from 20 years ago :).

Which also cannot be played with a Pro Controller. I just find NIntendo's decision making mystifying.

[quote name='Deader2818']I wonder when it became so fashionable to hate Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I think gamers have a right to hate on Nintendo lately. From a gamer's perspective, the Wii was a terrible investment with a few amazing games. They had the audacity to launch the 3DS at the price they did, which amazed me at the time, you want to charge how much for this kind of tech? Perhaps they've learned, but the Wii U's online decisions make me believe otherwise.

Whats wrong with their online? Miiverse has gotten great reviews.

And it seems like if Nintendo makes a mistake, they try hard to make up for it. Ambassador program for early 3DS buyers is one example.

Most of the time, I come on this forum for deals. But sometimes--this time--I come for the entertainment.

[quote name='Deader2818']Whats wrong with their online? Miiverse has gotten great reviews.

And it seems like if Nintendo makes a mistake, they try hard to make up for it. Ambassador program for early 3DS buyers is one example.[/QUOTE]

Your digital purchases are tied to the console you buy it on, not the Nintendo ID, which cannot be used on any other Wii U console. Like I said, mystifying.

[quote name='DragonPS3']Your digital purchases are tied to the console you buy it on, not the Nintendo ID, which cannot be used on any other Wii U console. Like I said, mystifying.[/QUOTE]

Believe its been stated though that they will be fixing that in the future.

[quote name='Deader2818']Believe its been stated though that they will be fixing that in the future.[/QUOTE]

Where? All I've heard is that if you call Nintendo Customer Support they can't even deactivate a Nintendo ID or console through their system.

It goes either way tbh. Articles have said Nintendo hasn't made it clear if its other things like 3DS, etc,or also other Wii U consoles as well.

Just wait and see at this point. No console launch goes smooth and all get kinks worked out as they go along. Just how it is now.

[quote name='choffy21']I have a feeling you'll be able to find one for $150-$200 sooner than people think. This thing has to be selling terribly.[/QUOTE]
a bold and very incorrect statement.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's nex gen price for current gen tech and ports of games that I'm buying for cheap in Black Friday

In for none[/QUOTE]

It's not next gen price and it does seemt o have a bit more ram then the 360 does. The wii was a good console though, just not really any outstanding games on it.

Then there were all the people who only ever "bought" wii sports or "Wii" titled games.

bread's done
Back