Wii u back at Walmart online

[quote name='Confidance']N much higher. From $459? They only offer a game and controller which is $100 so wth?[/QUOTE]

Games are 60 so its just an MSRP bundle

[quote name='Confidance']N much higher. From $459? They only offer a game and controller which is $100 so wth?[/QUOTE]

It's a $60 game + $50 controller.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Games are 60 so its just an MSRP bundle[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com: From 459...

Wii U basic is $299.99, game is $59.99, controller is $39.99, would make the total price $400.

The from $459 is my concern.

NVM they fixed it

I think I would totally be in for a Wii U if it played blurays. Almost pre ordered but realized there is probably going to be good ps3 console deals and I will definitely get more use out of second ps3 right now then a wii u or 360.

[quote name='indieinsd']I think I would totally be in for a Wii U if it played blurays. Almost pre ordered but realized there is probably going to be good ps3 console deals and I will definitely get more use out of second ps3 right now then a wii u or 360.[/QUOTE]

blu-ray players are less than $50. you rather have 2 ps3s than 1 of any other system is just showing you are a major sony fan. just saying, don't shoot. ;)

I am a fan of the Ps3, but I still don't know why the Wii U doesn't have blu-ray support. It can't cost that much, like you said bluray players are $50. I just don't like spending $300-350 on something that can't do something a cheap $50 blue ray player can do. I do like the possiblity of WiiTV though.

[quote name='nnarum']Not sure about you guys, but I cannot select anything? Is it no longer available?[/QUOTE]

Also wondering this.

[quote name='indieinsd']I am a fan of the Ps3, but I still don't know why the Wii U doesn't have blu-ray support. It can't cost that much, like you said bluray players are $50. I just don't like spending $300-350 on something that can't do something a cheap $50 blue ray player can do. I do like the possiblity of WiiTV though.[/QUOTE]

Because Blu Ray is a Sony technology and they don't want to license it out to a direct competitor. It would cut into the sales of PS3s and Blu Ray players. Nor would Nintendo want to pay Sony licensing fees for every Wii U sold.

blu ray is owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung it's not just a sony technology

[quote name='nnarum']Not sure about you guys, but I cannot select anything? Is it no longer available?[/QUOTE]

Same for me; it's dead! I thought I was the crazy one as there is no "Select" buttons to build your bundle!

The "Select" buttons actually appear and then they disappear after half a second. I've refreshed with F5 with the cursor on a Select button, you can click it and it attempts to do something, but then it still disappears. They might have some weird bug going on w/ this thing.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Because Blu Ray is a Sony technology and they don't want to license it out to a direct competitor. It would cut into the sales of PS3s and Blu Ray players. Nor would Nintendo want to pay Sony licensing fees for every Wii U sold.[/QUOTE]

Sony has already given the tech rights over to many other "competitions" to use. Sony's videogame division has nothing to do with who can use blurays in their tech.

Don't be surprised when the Xbox 720 is announced and has bluray support.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']suddenly these things are becoming much less scarce...[/QUOTE]
It's as if they keep producing them in some sort of factory...

I received a email this morning from Walmart saying that these are now available to be placed in LAYAWAY for pickup during the holiday season after the console releases. I have zero interest in buying one but if anyone is looking try hitting up your local WM and seeing if you can place one in layaway now and just pay it off and retrieve on release day.

one retailer getting a few more doesn't mean they are less scarce. demand is high and will be until you can just buy one off the shelf in a store.

well i have a deluxe wii u preordered through walmart already and on newegg i have the pro controller for 38 bucks and games at 48. better deal than this

I read today that 1.5m will ship at launch. I don't think given 1) price 2) availability and 3) economy that this will be a repeat of either the Wii or PS3 launch, but godspeed to you scalpers

[quote name='wynams']I read today that 1.5m will ship at launch. I don't think given 1) price 2) availability and 3) economy that this will be a repeat of either the Wii or PS3 launch, but godspeed to you scalpers[/QUOTE]

And 4) no killer app. There's no wii bowling. The mainstream won't eat up Nintendo IPs shoehorned into minigames like they did Wii sports.

[quote name='wynams']I read today that 1.5m will ship at launch. I don't think given 1) price 2) availability and 3) economy that this will be a repeat of either the Wii or PS3 launch, but godspeed to you scalpers[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panda911']And 4) no killer app. There's no wii bowling. The mainstream won't eat up Nintendo IPs shoehorned into minigames like they did Wii sports.[/QUOTE]

And 5) the Wii U gamepad costs as much as the console itself ($170 in Japan for gamepad, $340 in Japan for basic console). That's a bad sign for the hardware quality of the console itself; they would have done better to offer a much more robust console with pro controller packed in, and sold the Wii U gamepad separately. Unfortunately they didn't, and the console itself will suffer in quality as a result.

[quote name='chimpmeister'] That's a bad sign for the hardware quality of the console itself; they would have done better to offer a much more robust console with pro controller packed in, and sold the Wii U gamepad separately. [/QUOTE]

You can't sell the Gamepad separately or you would have a split market like the PS Move or Kinect (devices that are not supported that well because they were not included with the console day 1).

[quote name='zeldaking']You can't sell the Gamepad separately or you would have a split market like the PS Move or Kinect (devices that are not supported that well because they were not included with the console day 1).[/QUOTE]

Or like the add on for the second stick on the 3DS.

How many games support that? less than 5?

So I'm looking at this deal, seems to be the only way right now to get a Wii U. I've already got games preordered on Newegg for only $47.99 each.

Would this bundle be worth it in the long run? I'd have to cancel Nintendo Land and another game from Newegg (since Nintendo Land comes with the Deluxe and you're required to get another game). Then I'd have to pay for Tax and Shipping. How else would I reserve myself a Wii U console?

Also, are you allowed to cancel this bundle after ordering it? Do they charge you the $513 (w/ tax + shipping) as soon as you place the order?

[quote name='mBucket']So I'm looking at this deal, seems to be the only way right now to get a Wii U. I've already got games preordered on Newegg for only $47.99 each.

Would this bundle be worth it in the long run? I'd have to cancel Nintendo Land and another game from Newegg (since Nintendo Land comes with the Deluxe and you're required to get another game). Then I'd have to pay for Tax and Shipping. How else would I reserve myself a Wii U console?

Also, are you allowed to cancel this bundle after ordering it? Do they charge you the $513 (w/ tax + shipping) as soon as you place the order?[/QUOTE]

They charge immediately.

[quote name='genfuyung']They charge immediately.[/QUOTE]

Not true it's a temporary authorization, Also you can cancel it. I ordered mine on Sept 18 and still has cancel button available. It might be the only way to get one during launch week now. For me it was 516.52 the only big deal is the extra for shipping, the controller looks great. Anywhere you get it person you have to pay tax anyway, might as well get used to that even online now mostly tax is paid. The two games well you can cancel Nintendoland and Keep the other game for the deal and pick something else with the bundle so you still save that money from Newegg, or if your getting budget busted just cancel both games. If you really want it Launch week.

Also you could try a Walmart in person for a Layaway pre order, or Target, but IMO I think thats going to be tough now.

If your gonna do It I would do it soon it's still up right now, Also you can Order Pikmin 3 with which will come out when its released. They won't charge for the Pikmin when the bundle ships, only when The Pikmin 3 does. So that will take 60 off the top. And give you time to get $$$ for Pikmins March 2013 release.

Idk. It just seems that $513 for a new game console seems like a lot. But I guess it isn't too bad because you're technically getting 2 games with it (Walmart bundle).

But the thing that gets me is I have to pay an extra $50 or whatever for the pro controller which I don't think I'd use that much, or rather, I'm not convinced I'd use it that often lol

[quote name='mBucket']Idk. It just seems that $513 for a new game console seems like a lot. But I guess it isn't too bad because you're technically getting 2 games with it (Walmart bundle).

But the thing that gets me is I have to pay an extra $50 or whatever for the pro controller which I don't think I'd use that much, or rather, I'm not convinced I'd use it that often lol[/QUOTE]

Sell or you could take it back to walmart for full refund because the buncle is just retail anyway, so there are no problems returning it and getting your money. Also if you order Pikmin you won't be charged for that so it will take 60 off and if you return controller another 50 bringing to 349.96 so if you really want one of these....

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']No longer available.[/QUOTE]
I was able to add it to my cart and review but of course not trying to complete cause I already have one

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']No longer available.[/QUOTE]

I submitted an order and Walmart took it. We'll see what they say after processing.

[quote name='tightclaws']I was able to add it to my cart and review but of course not trying to complete cause I already have one[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PanzerDSS']I submitted an order and Walmart took it. We'll see what they say after processing.[/QUOTE]

Really?! Last night after I added to my cart, it said something about lower the quantity I currently had which was 1. I just added it to my cart & now it's sold out. Oh well...

bread's done
Back