Wii U Basic $275, Wii U Pro Controller 3rd Party $34.99 @ Target & Sonic Gen. 3DS $16

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just saw this at Target. They also had some other Wii U accessories marked down (screen protecter, chat headset, etc.).

imag0081o.jpg

imag0083rhl.jpg

It has been confirmed that this is for a 3rd party controller. Not the Nintendo brand. Be on the lookout for mistagged items. The first party were tagged with this in my store. They should honor.

On an unrelated note, they also have Sonic Generations for :3ds: on sale for $16.

imag0082k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Classic Controller Pro worked great with Xenoblade - no reason for anything else.

Too bad this Target deal seems to be for the 3rd party Wii U controller though. I was all set to drive up to Target to get it for $35 if it was the Nintendo one. I'd want one if I ended up getting Monster Hunter. Actually, if I could have gotten the controller that cheap that probably would have cemented my purchase of MH (which I am still on the fence about).

This is what Nintendo/Capcom needs to do: A Monster Hunter Wii U/3DS/Pro Controller bundle for $100. Make it happen guys!

I know everyone here is discussing the WiiU and controller, but anyone able to confirm the Sonic Generations 3DS price? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now.

[quote name='MemoriesAbyss']I know everyone here is discussing the WiiU and controller, but anyone able to confirm the Sonic Generations 3DS price? I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now.[/QUOTE]I can confirm it. Just picked it up myself.

I just bought one and it scanned $49.99. I believe they put the sale tag on the wrong controller. If any of you are interested, you should hurry before the targets realize their mistake. The associate honor the price after he double check the tag. That is probably why it says save $5 when the regular tag says $49.99.
Good luck on this amazing deal!

[quote name='PimpLimp']I can confirm it. Just picked it up myself.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks a bunch! Guess I'll be stopping by my target tonight.

The had the tags out on the official controller at my store, but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be for the third party controller. I didn't bother though since I already have 3.

[quote name='Gosha']The had the tags out on the official controller at my store, but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be for the third party controller. I didn't bother though since I already have 3.[/QUOTE]

Same here: it was on the 1st party peg but the DCPI was for the 3rd party one.

Sorry for the confusion. At the store I went to, they had the tags on the 1st party controllers. I didn't even know they made a 3rd party version. However, that would explain the MSRP discrepancy. They should honor the price is marked improperly.

I saw this today too. Not sure if this has been said but the pro controller is actually the knockoff Controller Pro U that makes the controller that look like they have a SNES controller in the middle. No discount for the Nintendo brand Wii U P Controller.

Went to my local Target and saw they had Sonic Generations (3DS) on sale but there were no more. ;_; Gonna try another one tomorrow, since this seems to be a universal sale.

Question though, can I get a rain check on the price? Do you imagine they would restock? Any suggestions where I could price match?

Also, I saw they had a copy of Halo 4's LE. I bought it from BB about 2 weeks ago for $70, but I have Target credit to burn and I pretty much paid for the BB one in cash. Does anyone know how to price match that? Do I just bring the receipt?

Thanks, I tried asking the employees but they were absolutely useless.

For more clarity, this is what is on sale at Target:

**Sorry, I'm a new user so I can't post links**

Just search this: Pro Controller U for Wii and Wii U - Black - $26.99

After the tax you would pay at Target, Amazon still has the better price. If you're into that 3rd party sorta stuff :p

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Went to my local Target and saw they had Sonic Generations (3DS) on sale but there were no more. ;_; Gonna try another one tomorrow, since this seems to be a universal sale.

Question though, can I get a rain check on the price? Do you imagine they would restock? Any suggestions where I could price match?

Also, I saw they had a copy of Halo 4's LE. I bought it from BB about 2 weeks ago for $70, but I have Target credit to burn and I pretty much paid for the BB one in cash. Does anyone know how to price match that? Do I just bring the receipt?

Thanks, I tried asking the employees but they were absolutely useless.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I worked at Target and we weren't allowed to Rain Check TPC items because they weren't in the weekly ad. Although a lot of times they vary from store to store, there are some, like these Wii U items, that seem to be going on throughout all stores.

When trying to price cut, I think its YMMV. Take a picture of the tag from your local store, take it to the other stores and see what they give you. Totally up to the managers of that store though I would say.

[quote name='BigK_201']Nope, I worked at Target and we weren't allowed to Rain Check TPC items because they weren't in the weekly ad. Although a lot of times they vary from store to store, there are some, like these Wii U items, that seem to be going on throughout all stores.

When trying to price cut, I think its YMMV. Take a picture of the tag from your local store, take it to the other stores and see what they give you. Totally up to the managers of that store though I would say.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, gonna try that other Target and take a picture on my phone to bring to Walmart if it's not in stock (my local walmart doesn't seem to give a shit about these things).

Still curious about the Halo 4 LE (it's full-price @ Target), was just curious how to price-match something that isn't in a competitor's weekly ad or on their website. I figured a receipt would be good enough, but it was purchased 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='io']The Classic Controller Pro worked great with Xenoblade - no reason for anything else.[/QUOTE]
yeah but if you are like me, you might hate having the classic controller pro tethered to a wii remote. but yeah its 3rd party so probably not as great build quality as ninty but hasnt failed me yet!

You should really edit the topic title, the WiiU Pro Controller thing is misleading

IT IS NOT A WII U PRO CONTROLLER

It is an original Wii controller

You can't use it to play Ninja Gaiden 3 RE, ZombiU, 007 Legends, etc.

bread's done
Back