Wii U controllers

decon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm planning on picking up a Wii U for the kids.

We have the old Wii remote (not plus) and a old Gamebird GC controller.

Are these all compatible with the Wii U?

Is it necessary to buy the Wii remote Plus or the Wii U Controller pro?

Thanks!

I'm planning on picking up a Wii U for the kids.

We have the old Wii remote (not plus) and a old Gamebird GC controller.

Are these all compatible with the Wii U?

Is it necessary to buy the Wii remote Plus or the Wii U Controller pro?

Thanks!
None of your controllers are compatible. You need motion plus for Wii U

theflicker's got it right. I believe the back of the game case should indicate whether the game requires WM+ or not.

As for the Wavebird, the Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers natively. There is an adaptor that you can purchase for around $20 that would connect the Wavebird to the Wii remote using the nunchuck port. The product page on Amazon says it works for all games that support the Wii Classic Controller, as well as its pro iteration. It has pretty good Amazon review scores, so it seems to be quite reliable. Been considering purchasing a couple myself since I have some friends that refuse to use the Wii remote for Brawl.

Here's its Amazon page, and here's a video showing how it works.

I might buy one of those adapters. Cheaper than buying a Pro controller as we have a bunch of gamecube controllers. Also less weird layout. And works with Wii mode. But what about Wii U games? Do most of those allow using a classic controller/pro?

I think I'm going to trade in all of my non-plus Wiimotes (and nunchucks) and upgrade with the refurb deal. It comes out to be about the same if i just bought Wii motion attachments, but my Wiimotes are from the Wii launch and are all white. Now to find Pro Controller.

bread's done
Back