Wii U Deluxe $296 + ~$10 Shipping

[quote name='wasabi5858']Guys, you guys are stating the obvious. What else do you expect? it's price goes up?[/QUOTE]

A hardware refresh perhaps? That's much worse, and if Nintendo is desperate enough, it could happen.

[quote name='Remoe']Which games are you playing on your WiiU? (no ports) I thought it only had Mario and ZombiU.[/QUOTE]

only game I want on wii-u is monster hunter. not sure if it's a port or not or something though.

Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady. That's what I'm doing.

[quote name='Damien_Wayne']Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady.[/QUOTE]

Sounds quite sensible. Wait -- isn't this the Internet?

[quote name='Damien_Wayne']Wait till the holiday when they will have their big triple A title games like zelda, mario, etc. plus it might go down even further ($250 and a game). So, everyone hold steady. That's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U--with a price drop of massive proportions--might make a decent complimentary console. Personally, I think Nintendo has been trying to avoid a price drop on a console they already state is losing money at its current price, but I think they'll do what they did with 3DS.

Zelda Remake, price drop in late summer just before Falltime and then at least two big first party titles showing up. Then you'll find the Wii U in some discount (lower than the total cost of the system even after price drop) bundles with one of those premier titles during Black Friday and the Holiday Season.

This would be a repeat of the 3DS strategy that worked rather well. It also presents itself as a time for great deals for those who might be interested in the system. This presumes that people would rather have cheaper this-gen games. Some are likely to reject the "deal" because they could apply that amount toward a console with assuredly more lifespan and potential in the long run like a PS4 or the next Xbox. Especially if the next Xbox has a subsidized plan that has them paying for Xbox Live, which they probably would have bought anyway if that console interested them.

No matter what, I think huge price cuts or excellent bundles are coming in the very near future and it seems likely it may be both before the end of the year if the 3DS is any indication.

Waiting to see what they do at E3. If they don't announce a bundle or price drop there, I'm waiting to see what they have in store for Christmas. You just know they're going to have a Christmas bundle (my dream scenario is a red Wii U/Mario Kart U bundle).

People are going to buy Wii U for Nintendo games, period. I don't think anybody out there is deciding between buying a Wii U and an Xbox One, or a Wii U and a PS4. You'll buy a Wii U if you want to play Nintendo games, and then also buy a PS4 OR Xbox One. That's just the way it is these days. Anybody that has only a Wii U probably only cares about Nintendo games, and not video games at large. Or they also have a PC.

bread's done
Back