Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
New deals for this week, finally:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/26

Toki Tori 2+ - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 9/19

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link is new this week on Virtual Console. Toki Tori 2 got a big update today and is on sale to coincide with it. This is what the update adds:

List of Improvements:

• New song which shows you exactly where you are on the world map.
  • In-level warp system to reduce backtracking
  • Additional and remixed puzzles based on Miiverse feedback. Thanks!
  • More graphics and scenes that support the story.
  • World map now automatically tracks where you've been
  • Graphical overhaul of every single level
  • New landmarks and themes (dragon skeletons, windmill park and more!)
  • Expanded soundtrack, now comes with dubstep and happy hardcore disco tracks!
  • Drawings from our Miiverse contest are now inside the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YhBfhWrEg

I might have to make my first "new" Wii U eshop game purchase (my only other purchases were Wii VC upgrades and a couple of other VC games).  I was just reading the reviews for Toki Tori 2 and it got pretty good reviews back when it was released.  The enhancements seem to address at least some of the minor issues people had with it so it sounds like a solid pickup now.  My son plays the Wii U daily (mostly VC titles and MiiVerse) so if I can get him a "real" game to play on the pad that would be nice.  And who knows, maybe I'll even give this one a shot.  Plus I have all that credit sitting there from the $50 promo - might as well spend it some time ;).

I really appreciate the thread Frisky because otherwise I'd have never known about this.

Toki Tori 2 is basically a puzzle game with a structure that's similar to a Metroid-style game, so it starts off innocently enough before you hit a big wow moment and see it open up with more of an open world map.

Yeah, my son played for a while and got stuck.  I'll have to look into it more this weekend when I have time to game that isn't SMT IV ;).

I also have to look into the Deluxe whatever program and see how the rebates work.  I think there was some site you had to register at or something?

Edit: OK, found it but I couldn't log in and I realized I had no idea what my Nintendo Network password was.  I guess I never had to enter it since Day 1 (it auto-logs me in on the Wii U) and it was none of my usual suspects.  So I had to reset it which was quick and easy at least.  Apparently I have 208 points but it looks like Toki Tori hasn't been counted yet.  And woo-hoo, looks like I got 3 points each for the 30 cent games ;).  FYI, for those who don't know, once you reach 500 points ($50) you get a whopping $5 cert.  And it all expires at the end of 2014 (well, points earning does - you can redeem until March 2015).  I certainly hope they extend this for us early adopters.  That is the least they could do for supporting them all this time.

I can probably reach $50 by the end of next year but it is going pretty slow so far.  Since launch I have bought 5 of the 30 cent games, upgraded 1 Wii VC game (Super Mario World) for $1.50, bought the Wii U VC titles Earthbound and Kirby's Dreamland 3 (my son wanted this the other day), and now bought the eShop game Toki Tori 2.

But if I can keep getting games like this I should have no problem maybe even getting a couple of rebates.  What I want out of the Wii U eShop are good games that are not available on the other consoles and on sale like this.  I suppose PC indie-type crossover games are OK, since I always prefer playing those on consoles, but not PS3/360 stuff.  I'd probably already have those (like Trine 2) or simply prefer to wait for them to be free with PS+ or use my cheap MS points on them.  So Toki Tori 2 fits the bill on those 2 criteria (Nintendo console-exclusive and on sale).  I know there was a Kickstarter game that is coming to Wii U that looks good also.  I wouldn't be averse to buying at "full price" if it is a stellar game.

Nano Assault Neo is awesome and you can play co-op with one person on the gamepad and the other on the tv. It was on sale last month though, so who knows when it'll go on sale again.

the Wii U eShop is pretty awesome with all its little surprises. but dang eShop policies.
shall use this place more often when I finally get one :D

Today's new deals:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/22

Toki Tori 2 - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 9/26

They extended the sale on Toki Tori 2, so that's why it's listed again.

As for new releases, Super Mario Bros. and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is out on Virtual Console. The Wonderful 101 is out now with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is out at Midnight.

With the Wii Sports HD remakes coming out I might hit that first rebate tiewr earlier than I expected.  Just wish they weren't $10 apiece or that they would be sold as a bundle or something.  Though that can't happen immediately because of the staggered release (Bowling and Tennis are coming first).  But c'mon, Nintendo, make Bowling and Tennis $15 as a package - pretty please!

But c'mon, Nintendo, make Bowling and Tennis $15 as a package - pretty please!
They probably won't do that because those are the only 2 games from Wii Sports that were much fun.

I wouldn't pay $10 for Golf, Boxing and Baseball combined.

Does anyone know if I upgrade one of my Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U does that count towards

the Deluxe Digital Program.

I was considering upgrading Punch Out or Super Mario World so I could play them on the gamepad and that should give me enough points to get the $5 eshop credit. Thanks

Does anyone know if I upgrade one of my Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U does that count towards

the Deluxe Digital Program.

I was considering upgrading Punch Out or Super Mario World so I could play them on the gamepad and that should give me enough points to get the $5 eshop credit. Thanks
Yup. Even the $.30 games they were selling over the summer counted towards the digital promo (a whopping 3 points each!).

Yup. Even the $.30 games they were selling over the summer counted towards the digital promo (a whopping 3 points each!).
That's great news. Thanks for your help. I wasn't really sure by the wording of the terms on the DDP web site so now I just have to figure out which game to upgrade.

Gonna come in this thread and ask noob questions now since I'm buying the Zelda bundle tomorrow.

First, am I reading it right that this DDP promotion is basically just 10% back in eshop credit through Dec 2014?

Second, do I need to have a Wiimote/Nunchuck for most WiiU games or just Wii games?

Third, is the Pro controller worth it or will it be like the Classic controller with the Wii where barely anything supports it?

Fourth, what kind of video cables does it come with?  Forgot to order an HDMI cable for it like a goober.

Finally, any other accessories or anything I would be silly not to have?  Grabbed one of those clearance essentials kits from BBY to have a case for the control pad thing but I know so little about the WiiU and just want Zelda (and my 3 year old loves using it at the store).

Yes, you get 10% back on digital purchases. When you spend $50 you get back $5.

You don't need Wimotes for Wii U games unless doing mulitplayer stuff like Nintendoland games but brings us to...

Pro Controller is worth it if you don't want to use the tablet. Almost all games support it. It also has a lot longer of a battery life (80 hours) compared to the tablet.

For accessories nothing is really needed as far as I know. I don't use screen protectors but thats something you could get. I never had a case before but now I have a clear one to protect the Zelda tablet.

You don't need Wimotes for Wii U games unless doing mulitplayer stuff like Nintendoland games but brings us to...

Pro Controller is worth it if you don't want to use the tablet. Almost all games support it. It also has a lot longer of a battery life (80 hours) compared to the tablet.
Now can the Pro Controller be used by the second player or is that only for the primary user as a replacement for the tablet thing? I don't really want my daughter using that all the time and if I can just get away with a Pro Controller and that for the times we play together that would be nice.

Now can the Pro Controller be used by the second player or is that only for the primary user as a replacement for the tablet thing? I don't really want my daughter using that all the time and if I can just get away with a Pro Controller and that for the times we play together that would be nice.
Im pretty sure it can be used as the 2nd controller.

My son and I used the Pro Controller as the second for Tank Tank Tank.  So yeah, it works that way.  The Pro Controller is essential, IMO.  I love using it for Pikmin 3 with the tablet at my side for reference (map).

That reminds me, I need to get back into NSMB now that it supports the Pro Controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jOEuwBeC1A

My Kung Fu Rabbit video will be live at about 2:45 AM ET/11:45 PM PT.

One sale has been announced to start on Tuesday:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien – Runner2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed and IGF award-winning BIT.TRIP RUNNER, featuring five exciting worlds, 125 levels and five death-defying boss battles. Starting Oct. 1, download BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien for 33 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U until 9 a.m. on Oct. 7.
33% Off would put it at $9.99.

I'm still genuinely surprised.
You shouldn't be, the WII U Pro controller doesn't work with VC games. Since you can't use gamecube ones anymore, you are forced to buy the regular wii pro controller or an adapter to use the GC controller.

Pretty annoying tbh unless you upgrade some games but that is only available for the NES & SNES games.

I was genuinely surprised though when I got the HDMI cable though to. Lol.

Does the Pro Controller work with Wii games that supported the classic controller?  If not I might buy one of those adapters since I still have a Wavebird and regular GC controller.

I think its just annoying though that you have to connect it to the wii controller. 

But yeah I think the adapter is like 16 bucks though, I haven't looked for a cheaper one.

BRB I have to use 2 controllers to play one game.

Hopefully all the games are eligible for an upgrade though but come on nintendo, I did not see this coming!

It honestly shouldnt be shocking since all the WIi U does is  emulate the Wii. Would be a pain to try and get the pro controller to work with it really.

It honestly shouldnt be shocking since all the WIi U does is emulate the Wii. Would be a pain to try and get the pro controller to work with it really.
Yeah, they probably didn't see it being worth it since like the Classic Controller Pro I'm sure the percentage of people that have it is extremely low. At the same time you would think if some random person/small Chinese company can make an adapter for a GC controller they could have just built support into the emulator for the Pro controller that's a 1:1 input emulation to the CCP. Nothing's ever quite that simple with software development but I'm sure they could make it happen if they considered it a priority.

Are you guys excited for Mighty #9? The "megaman" inspired game thats going to come out for the wii u?

Hopefully the Wii U Pro Controller will come to use for that game, lol.

The new deals for this week:

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 10/7

Little Inferno - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/9

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/4

Promotions:

Buy Any Final Fight (1, 2, and 3) and Get A Fighting Game (SFII: The World Warrior, SSFII: The New Challengers, and SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting) for 50% Off - $7.99 each or $1.50 via BC discount

Lemme try and help out Frisky. New deals this week:

Little Inferno- $7.49- 50% Off- Ends 10/9

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate- $29.99- 50% off- Ends 10/4

Final Fight Promo:

Buy Final Fight 1, 2, or 3 get one of the following for 50% off: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers. Ends 10/10

Does anyone know if the Final Fight deal works on other Final Fight games?  For example, if I bought Final Fight 3, could I buy Final Fight 2 for 4 bucks?  I already have the Street Fighter games from the previous deal.  

If not, does anyone think that they're going to have a deal on the Final Fight games themselves in the future?  Like a buy 2 get one free, buy one 2 50% off apiece?

Does anyone know if the Final Fight deal works on other Final Fight games? For example, if I bought Final Fight 3, could I buy Final Fight 2 for 4 bucks? I already have the Street Fighter games from the previous deal.

If not, does anyone think that they're going to have a deal on the Final Fight games themselves in the future? Like a buy 2 get one free, buy one 2 50% off apiece?
No. The deal requires purchase of the Final Fight game to get a discount on a Street Fighter game. I don't think they've had repeat deals on any Virtual Console games yet, so I wouldn't expect it yet.

They just had a deal on the SFII games a week or two ago, that's how I got them  ;)

Also, considering Capcom's financial problems I WOULD NOT be surprised if they had a standalone deal on not only the Final Fight games, but Super Ghouls and Ghosts and other Capcom games as well.  That's probably when I'm going to pull the trigger.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back