Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the new deals for this week:

Abyss - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 9/10

BBU! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/31

Chasing Aurora - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/11

Hello Kitty Kruisers - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/1

IQ Test - $3.99 - 20% Off

Nano Assault Neo - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 9/11

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

New Releases:

Disney Infinity - Free - Requires Base and Figures - 10.4 GB

Life Force - NES - $4.99

Mega Man 6 - NES - $4.99

Midtown Crazy Race - $4.99

SteamWorld Dig is out next week along with that Mercedes Benz DLC for Mario Kart 8.
Is that "BBU!" game supposed to be this?

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/brickblast_u

If so, I think it got pulled from the eshop for being terrible...I can't seem to find it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ragtag/rays-the-dead-0

Not really deal related, but Ray's the Dead just had its stretch goals announced with Wii U being one of the higher tiers at 65k with 27 days to go.

https://twitter.com/NinjaBeeGames/status/503960734057775105

NinjaBee is bringing A World of Keflings to Wii U, which features improved visuals and some cool stuff that you can do on the GamePad, like managing your workshop stuff and a map that helps point out unemployed Keflings.

https://twitter.com/NinjaBeeGames/status/501782948106891264

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I feel like I would get the most help here than anywhere else. I found an old 2000 Wii Points card and was wondering where the best place is to sell it. It only works on the Wii eshop channel and the Wii section of the Wii U eshop store, apparently, and I don't really have any intention of buying a WiiU anytime soon. Any suggestions?

whatup5 said:
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I feel like I would get the most help here than anywhere else. I found an old 2000 Wii Points card and was wondering where the best place is to sell it. It only works on the Wii eshop channel and the Wii section of the Wii U eshop store, apparently, and I don't really have any intention of buying a WiiU anytime soon. Any suggestions?
I dug 3 of those out of a drawer a few months ago and sold them pretty easily on eBay. You can actually get a bit over retail for them. I sold mine for $22 shipped. It comes out to less than $20, of course, after shipping and fees. It helps to be willing to send them Internationally (charge for shipping in that case). I sold one to a guy in India who was excited to get it because he could then buy VC games. I guess they have no (legit) way to get that stuff otherwise. I dunno for sure - he paid and I shipped.

You could try to email the codes, of course, but it is safer and more compliant (with eBay rules) to sell the actual blister pack (mine were all that old) and just ship it. That reminds me that I think I have a few non-blister pack ones to sell, including some oddball denominations. I have a Monster Hunter 3-branded 500 points card - have no idea how I got that ;).

Edit: Thanks to your question I dug out 2 12-month Xbox Live cards (from the same place I had that 500 Wii Points card) and then realized I was actually up for expiration in a month. Now it is 2 years and a month... You gotta love being a CAG. They were the Xbox Live/Joust combo cards. I think I got them from Best Buy a few years ago.

I dug 3 of those out of a drawer a few months ago and sold them pretty easily on eBay. You can actually get a bit over retail for them. I sold mine for $22 shipped. It comes out to less than $20, of course, after shipping and fees. It helps to be willing to send them Internationally (charge for shipping in that case). I sold one to a guy in India who was excited to get it because he could then buy VC games. I guess they have no (legit) way to get that stuff otherwise. I dunno for sure - he paid and I shipped.
I'm not totally sure either, but, for instance, if I were in the UK with no US billing address and I wanted to buy US eShop stuff, I could not use a UK credit card. Thus, I would be happy to have the points card from the US. Maybe it is a similar situation for people in India.

Actually, I would be happy to buy a points card myself but not for retail (I am cheap after all). There are still a lot of Wii VC games I want! Those buggers.

I know it technically doesnt go here but in case you missed it, REAL Mario Kart 8 DLC is coming! 6 Characters, 8 vehicles, 16 TRACKS, and 8 colors of Shy Guy and Yoshi when you buy both. Finally Nintendo has done something good with DLC to a big name title. Listed on the UK site with dates of November 2014 and May 2015, so we will see what NoA does. http://kotaku.com/zelda-f-zero-coming-to-mario-kart-8-1627150730

mzrkynwembu4lnxkhhls.jpg

pb9bk6oegy0tparevlio.jpg

I know it technically doesnt go here but in case you missed it, REAL Mario Kart 8 DLC is coming! 6 Characters, 8 vehicles, 16 TRACKS, and 8 colors of Shy Guy and Yoshi when you buy both. Finally Nintendo has done something good with DLC to a big name title. Listed on the UK site with dates of November 2014 and May 2015, so we will see what NoA does. http://kotaku.com/zelda-f-zero-coming-to-mario-kart-8-1627150730

mzrkynwembu4lnxkhhls.jpg

pb9bk6oegy0tparevlio.jpg
Super Kart Bros!

The only problem is that it doesn't come out until May reportedly!!!! That's like 9 months away! Seems really weird when the few times Nintendo has done something like this it's been available immediately or very soon after announcement. $12 though for a ton more stuff, can't wait.

Oh and WTF no Zelda!? Step it up Nintendo and release a pack with her, Samus (Zero Suit presumably), and uh... I don't know Krystal/Fixie Kong/Goombella!

It's really odd how Nintendo seems to be so far behind the curve on things like DLC but what they have offered has been surprisingly progressive. They actually seem to be making DLC with the fans in mind, focusing on quality content, and giving you a lot for your money. Nintendo, you're so vexing.

The only problem is that it doesn't come out until May reportedly!!!! That's like 9 months away! Seems really weird when the few times Nintendo has done something like this it's been available immediately or very soon after announcement. $12 though for a ton more stuff, can't wait.

Oh and WTF no Zelda!? Step it up Nintendo and release a pack with her, Samus (Zero Suit presumably), and uh... I don't know Krystal/Fixie Kong/Goombella!

It's really odd how Nintendo seems to be so far behind the curve on things like DLC but what they have offered has been surprisingly progressive. They actually seem to be making DLC with the fans in mind, focusing on quality content, and giving you a lot for your money. Nintendo, you're so vexing.
It would be better if they held this stuff back and released a big expansion like an Ultra Street Fighter IV that adds all sorts of non-Mario stuff to the game. I could do without more versions of Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, etc. with it leading to more stuff like Olimar, Samus, Zelda, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Professor Layton, etc.

It would be better if they held this stuff back and released a big expansion like an Ultra Street Fighter IV that adds all sorts of non-Mario stuff to the game. I could do without more versions of Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, etc. with it leading to more stuff like Olimar, Samus, Zelda, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Professor Layton, etc.
Those would be neat additions too. I wouldn't mind something like they did with Mario Golf where it was kind of a hybrid between a season pass and a full expansion. Do what you're talking about in scope, make it like $30, but still distribute it in chunks so you don't have to wait a year plus.

It's possible but why wait when you are only saving $12?

On a related noted I'm stoked that Nintendo is continuing to release DLC and that their offerings are value packed. What they are offering with Pikmin, Mario Golf, and now Mario Kart through these bundles give us outstanding value for the money and I find myself completely satisfied because of it.

If rumors are true (and it makes sense) Smash Bros will also have DLC and I'm confident it will be priced the same.

Nintendo may be behind the times, but once again they are paving the way with these value bundles. Because of the content to dollar offered I don't feel like they are nickel and diming the customer (like so many other companies nowadays are doing) and instead adding value to their games and refostering interest into the respective communties.

I'm legitimately psyched for DLC that Nintendo is bringing to the table because like most of their first party software you know you are getting your money's worth and then some.

The more I think about it (since I have no power, it's too dark to read, handhelds are all but dead, and I have nothing better to do) the more I like Frisky's idea. Mainly because of how the speed stat has become so dominant in multiplayer. I kind of doubt we'll get any balance patches with the content updates and hope we just get some in general.

Going to be very interesting with Smash if it ends up slanted really heavily to a small subset of Nintendo does any balance with it.

It's possible but why wait when you are only saving $12?
If they do the DLC in November instead of May (let's hope) then I could see them maybe doing such a thing in the spring. Though that would really be a first for them. Unless they went the route they did with the system bundle and put NSMBU and Luigi U on one disc and only made it available that way.

I doubt they can release both this year.

The reason they are going with May 2015 for the second dlc is because they are giving us 8 more new courses after the initial 8 dlc courses from the first dlc pack. $12 for 16 courses (basically half of a retail mk game) is rediculous value and that's not even considering the bonus characters and new karts. That's also a lot of content considering how long MK8 took to make the original 32 courses.

Wow, $12 for both is a steal, I was expecting $10 for each pack.  Add in the fact that most of us have credit saved up from the last time Best Buy did the 20% on eShop cards and it's like paying under $10 for both...not bad, not bad at all.

don't forget DDP will give back $1.20, right?

is the DLC up on the eShop yet, wish they had a web store so I could buy stuff on PC/phone.  good ol nintendo, stuck in the year 1999

Yep should get around 1.20 back since you can buy the season pass this year once the first pack hits. Combine the ddp with some discounted best buy eshop credit and it's only 8 bucks and change for a shit ton of content.

don't forget DDP will give back $1.20, right?

is the DLC up on the eShop yet, wish they had a web store so I could buy stuff on PC/phone. good ol nintendo, stuck in the year 1999
DDP ends this year and the second DLC will be available in Spring. In Europe anyway, I don't think an American date has been announced yet. Or Japanese for that matter.

Ya here is the NoA info, available for preorder today for $12 total or $8 seperately: http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

zelda.png

Nintendo of America confirmed the crossover Mario Kart 8 DLC packs spotted yesterday on the company's UK site, with the Zelda pack due to launch stateside in November and the Animal Crossing one in May 2015. Both packs will be available for pre-order starting today, each priced at $8. However, if you know you're going to get both, you can save 25 percent by ordering the $12 two-in-one bundle.

The saving doesn't apply if you buy both packs separately, unfortunately. On the flip side, anyone who buys both packs unlocks eight new colors of Yoshi and Shy Guy "immediately," in case you're in immediate need of some technicolor racing.

Ya here is the NoA info, available for preorder today for $12 total or $8 seperately: http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

zelda.png

Nintendo of America confirmed the crossover Mario Kart 8 DLC packs spotted yesterday on the company's UK site, with the Zelda pack due to launch stateside in November and the Animal Crossing one in May 2015. Both packs will be available for pre-order starting today, each priced at $8. However, if you know you're going to get both, you can save 25 percent by ordering the $12 two-in-one bundle.

The saving doesn't apply if you buy both packs separately, unfortunately. On the flip side, anyone who buys both packs unlocks eight new colors of Yoshi and Shy Guy "immediately," in case you're in immediate need of some technicolor racing.
Pre-order DLC? Ugh..... are they really jacking up the price after it hits?

Why is everyone so excited for this? Ignoring the fact that extra characters/bikes means little in the gameplay..... how is this going to be good for the online community? At best, Nintendo will create different matchmaking areas for people with 1 DLC pack, people with the other, and people with both. But, given their history with online and the fact that Mario Kart is the only game they've ever gotten right online, I'm not confident that the new tracks will be playable online at all, at least not outside a private/friend match. In which case they are a complete waste of money to someone like me.

I've never been a fan of DLC in any form; it greatly encourages devs to cut out fanservice or premium content to sell later. Not necessarily saying that's what they did here, but I am saying that's almost certainly their plan for SSB.

It's hard to be pissed when I've got hundreds in eshop credit and nothing good to spend it on... if the tracks are playable online I will probably end up getting this for that reason alone. I don't want to be pressured into pre-ordering it though, at least not until I get some idea of what the new tracks look like and guarantee that they can be played online without having to waste time organizing a private match.

Not to mention you are paying for content that isn't even out until November/May.

Wow, $12 for that MK8 DLC is kind of amazing.

I'd have paid $20, or probably grudgingly $30.
That's the one nice thing I can think of to say honestly. Nintendo's pricing for DLC has been asinine in the past, it's nice to see a fairly reasonable price for this. $10-$15 range feels fair to me, I'd have guessed them pricing $20 at least, so I'm happy with $12..... assuming these tracks are playable online without having to go through the pain of setting up a private match without a workable invite system.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy this DLC for sure (my BB eShop purchases might finally pay off).  The game has enough content as it is, this DLC which is truly an expansion to the game, would be well worth the $12 IMHO.  Not sure how much more I would buy outside of this set of DLC, but this is just the first shoe to drop with nintendo's DLC.  I cringe thinking about all the DLC that will be available for future pokemon games as well as SSB.

I'm going to buy this DLC for sure (my BB eShop purchases might finally pay off). The game has enough content as it is, this DLC which is truly an expansion to the game, would be well worth the $12 IMHO. Not sure how much more I would buy outside of this set of DLC, but this is just the first shoe to drop with nintendo's DLC. I cringe thinking about all the DLC that will be available for future pokemon games as well as SSB.
I'm not sure DLC for Pokemon would go over so well. Battles are extremely easy to program, and "selling" Pokemon will piss a lot of people off (even though they seem to have no problem traveling hundreds of miles to download them or have them locked away forever if you don't buy in the first month).

But yeah, I cringe at what this means for SSB, especially if the rumors from this past week are true. DLC Snake, DLC Ice Climbers, DLC Lucas, DLC Dr. Mario....... ALL things that should've been in the first game. If I wasn't already getting the game at a nice discount I'd put serious thought into cancelling my preorder :cry:

Last edited:
When devs/publishers announce DLC for games that are not release yet, it really rubs me the wrong way.  I understand that there are cutoffs and deadlines for testing and whatnot for releases, but if your intent was to include it in the game at the start, make the DLC free.  I just dont get it.  When something like that happens, it makes me feel like it's a cash grab.

Where does it say they're jacking up the price after? It clearly says that buying both in a bundle will be 11.99, but if you buy them separate they are $7.99 each.

To be honest...I am excited, 1) Zelda tracks and Link, 2) Its 16 new tracks for a total of 48 tracks in one MK game, 3) it adds 6 new characters to the already big list of characters, and lastly...its only $12 for all of it. They already had more characters than most any other MK game and the same amount of tracks as usual and now they are finally adding DLC. Its about half a new MK game in 2 DLC packs. Plus, they have already said that Amiibo figures will work with MK so there will be something with that as well.

Where does it say they're jacking up the price after? It clearly says that buying both in a bundle will be 11.99, but if you buy them separate they are $7.99 each.
Perhaps I misread zeb06's post, I thought that was a pre-order price. If not then I'll definitely wait for the first pack before I pay anything.

Adding Link is cool for the fanboy appeal and I'd be lying if I said I haven't wanted Zelda/Metroid themed stuff before, but honestly, characters add nothing to me for MK. Same with the vehicles. I don't want to play with some empty wire model or something but they've never really mattered much to me, it's always been all about the tracks. As long as the characters/vehicles aren't broken and giving an unfair advantage to people who don't buy the DLC I don't care either way. It's all about the tracks for me.

Last edited:
Perhaps I misread zeb06's post, I thought that was a pre-order price. If not then I'll definitely wait for the first pack before I pay anything.
Yeah I dont think the prices are changing regardless of when they are bought, its just a bundle or no bundle deal whenever you decide to buy it, from the looks of it anways.

Yeah, why are people so excited at the prospect of getting 50% more tracks for 1/5th the price of the game?? Rabble rabble!
I can understand where the sentiment comes from, how many DLCs/Season passes do we see that aren't a rip off or couldn't have reasonably been expected to have been included in the game in the first place?

I'm not one to tell people their opinions are wrong but for my money MK8 was full of content at release and is an awesome game.

This is a really good deal IMO, but if you look at the Mario Golf DLC on the 3DS, that seems like stuff that should have been in the game, so it's not like Nintendo always gives us a great deal on DLC.

*bitching about my post*
Well it's been awhile since you came to bug me. I thought I explained myself well enough..... I pretty much hate all DLC because, more often than not, it encourages devs to hold back any fanservice or premium content to sell later, either leaving the buyer with less content or, at best, some filler that's never as good as what was going to be included. Don't try and argue otherwise with me, I've worked in the industry up until a couple of years ago, I know the conversations that go on regarding DLC, and it's downright foolish to think that it doesn't happen. It's even more foolish to think Nintendo is somehow magically above that.

I acknowledged that $12 for 16 tracks and the other little bonuses was acceptable to me.... on the condition that the DLC tracks are made playable online (and not just in private matches, which are a major pain in the ass to set up without an invite system), and on the condition that the DLC karts/characters don't come with broken stats.

However, between this announcement and the rumors that started this last week about SSB DLC, I think there's plenty of reason to be concerned about games like SSB.

Maybe instead of bitching about my "bitching" you can look at what I've written and come up with an intelligent response? If you feel so strongly, then perhaps try to convince me that Nintendo will competently address my concerns about the potential problems this will cause online? Or, at the very least, quit attacking me personally?

Last edited:
Well it's been awhile since you came to bug me. I thought I explained myself well enough..... I pretty much hate all DLC because, more often than not, it encourages devs to hold back any fanservice or premium content to sell later. Don't try and argue otherwise with me, I've worked in the industry up until a couple of years ago, I know the conversations that go on regarding DLC, and it's downright foolish to think that it doesn't happen. It's even more foolish to think Nintendo is somehow magically above that.

I acknowledged that $12 for $16 tracks and the other little bonuses was acceptable to me.... on the condition that the DLC tracks are made playable online (and not just in private matches, which are a major pain in the ass to set up without an invite system), and on the condition that the DLC karts/characters don't come with broken stats.

Maybe instead of bitching about my "bitching" you can look at what I've written and come up with an intelligent response? If you feel so strongly, then perhaps try to convince me that Nintendo will competently address my concerns about the potential problems this will cause online?
In a way, I agree with you, other than the actual character in the kart, the casual player wont really care about how the weight/acceleration of the kart plays out on the track. I think the majority of the experience are the tracks and how great they look going around them. To be able to play as Yoshi, Bowser or Luigi and then customize your vehicle is more or less a 1 minute obstacle to get to the meat and potatoes, the actual race. The customization is much more important for those who race competitively locally/online. Hopefully they offer just a "tracks" or "characters" package if the DLC balloons into more than just the first 2 offerings.

In a way, I agree with you, other than the actual character in the kart, the casual player wont really care about how the weight/acceleration of the kart plays out on the track. I think the majority of the experience are the tracks and how great they look going around them. To be able to play as Yoshi, Bowser or Luigi and then customize your vehicle is more or less a 1 minute obstacle to get to the meat and potatoes, the actual race. The customization is much more important for those who race competitively locally/online. Hopefully they offer just a "tracks" or "characters" package if the DLC balloons into more than just the first 2 offerings.
Yeah I agree, I never bother to really customize myself to be honest. I like just randomly throwing stuff together and racing with what I've got, it helps keep the game fresh IMO. But unless I am mistaken this is Nintendo's first multiplayer DLC. I mean real multiplayer DLC, not stuff like Animal Crossing furniture. I don't want to constantly be smoking the online competition simply because I have a better kart, I hope that won't be an issue but it wouldn't be the first time it happened.

I still don't see why so many people are so excited for this that they are paying for it now though lol.

I will put out there that I would be royally pissed if this was paid DLC for proper battle arenas. I know that's what I've been expecting; I thought for sure they gave us a half-assed battle mode so they could sell us the real deal later. I guess that's still a possibility but I'm happy that's not what they are doing here. There's no denying the track design in Mario Kart 8 was phenomenal so if nothing else I am excited to see what they do with Hyrule... even if it just ends up being through Youtube.

Last edited:
I still don't see why so many people are so excited for this that they are paying for it now though lol.
For me, It's about the visuals. Having a zelda-themed course is a most welcome addition to what I already have in the game. Characters aside, it's really about the courses and how each one is designed and decorated. Having DLC for extra courses is what I'm looking forward to. The characters are a throw-in.

You just can't accept the fact that companies are not out to personally satisfy your every desire. By my estimation, this is the best season pass/bundle/whatever I've ever seen in terms of asking price/content included. But all you can do is bitch about how this does not satisfy you unless conditions A, B, and C are met.

And this isn't personal. I would have said the same thing if it was any other username. It just so happens that you complain about everything. Seriously, please quote one post that you have made which was not a complaint about something.

The only real advantage anybody is going to have on these tracks is through experience. The new vehicles are not going to break the game like the bikes did for Wii.

As for Smash Bros., we don't know when those DLC characters are coming or if there will be a charge. Regardless, if the leaked roster is in fact the final roster, that is still over 50 characters to play as, several of them with unique fighting styles. Not to mention that every single one can be edited to some extent (and given how the Ice Climbers almost broke Brawl, I can see how they would need more programming than necessary).

The only real advantage anybody is going to have on these tracks is through experience. The new vehicles are not going to break the game like the bikes did for Wii.

As for Smash Bros., we don't know when those DLC characters are coming or if there will be a charge. Regardless, if the leaked roster is in fact the final roster, that is still over 50 characters to play as, several of them with unique fighting styles. Not to mention that every single one can be edited to some extent (and given how the Ice Climbers almost broke Brawl, I can see how they would need more programming than necessary).
I only played Brawl casually... how did the Ice Climbers almost break the game?

The M.Benz karts are available right now. And the pre-order deal is up to.

Funny enough, it's not in the e-shop. You get a new menu option in-game.

Don't know if that's just me since I have the digital copy of MK8

You just can't accept the fact that companies are not out to personally satisfy your every desire. By my estimation, this is the best season pass/bundle/whatever I've ever seen in terms of asking price/content included. But all you can do is bitch about how this does not satisfy you unless conditions A, B, and C are met.

And this isn't personal. I would have said the same thing if it was any other username. It just so happens that you complain about everything. Seriously, please quote one post that you have made which was not a complaint about something.
Didn't realize that using these tracks online and ensuring that the new karts/characters don't break the game (the way cycles more or less did in MKW) were demands that satisfied only my desire. I must have imagined those thousands of people I play online with :roll:.

What you consider the best "bundle" is purely opinion. I'm not gonna rate the quality/value of DLC I haven't played yet, why you are is beyond me, but if they don't go online they are useless to me since, after beating the cups, I never play single player again and I very rarely am able to get a 3 player local multiplayer game going. Meanwhile I've gotten some pretty good DLC deals elsewhere, like all the content I got for RDR. It all depends on how you play and opinions.

And yes, you do make it personal. Don't act like you don't, not when you've gone on tangents calling me the worst CAG user and telling me how you hate me. I'm not about to go through my post history so that you can nitpick every little comment I make and continue to make inaccurate statements about me, if you are that determined to do so then do the legwork yourself.

Didn't realize that using these tracks online and ensuring that the new karts/characters don't break the game (the way cycles more or less did in MKW) were demands that satisfied only my desire. I must have imagined those thousands of people I play online with :roll:.

What you consider the best "bundle" is purely opinion. I'm not gonna rate the quality/value of DLC I haven't played yet, why you are is beyond me, but if they don't go online they are useless to me since, after beating the cups, I never play single player again and I very rarely am able to get a 3 player local multiplayer game going. Meanwhile I've gotten some pretty good DLC deals elsewhere, like all the content I got for RDR. It all depends on how you play and opinions.

And yes, you do make it personal. Don't act like you don't, not when you've gone on tangents calling me the worst CAG user and telling me how you hate me. I'm not about to go through my post history so that you can nitpick every little comment I make and continue to make inaccurate statements about me, if you are that determined to do so then do the legwork yourself.
I personally hope they will allow all the tracks to be played online whether you have purchased the DLC or not. I mean, on the 3DS, you can play with someone else even if you don't have the game, correct? A few people each race would probably pick a new track as their choice in MP. If the magic box landed on that track choice, everyone should get to play it. This gives an advantage to those who have actually purchased it, because they would have played the track more times, in most cases.

I personally hope they will allow all the tracks to be played online whether you have purchased the DLC or not. I mean, on the 3DS, you can play with someone else even if you don't have the game, correct? A few people each race would probably pick a new track as their choice in MP. If the magic box landed on that track choice, everyone should get to play it. This gives an advantage to those who have actually purchased it, because they would have played the track more times, in most cases.
That would be fantastic but I just can't picture Nintendo doing that. For one thing it would mean that Nintendo would have to force everyone playing the game to download a 2+ gb patch, and that would screw over people who bought the 8 gb WiiU and haven't put more memory into it. I don't know if that's an issue or not. And I just don't see any company being that generous with DLC honestly.

I can't think of any other console game that's treated DLC like that but it would make me very happy if they did.

3DS download play for multiplayer is something completely different. Somebody in that group bought the game, even if the others didn't, and I've never found it to be any different than inviting friends over to play your WiiU games they don't own.

Last edited:
I went ahead and pre-ordered the DLC pretty much right-away. 16 courses, 6 characters and some vehicles for 12 bucks seemed pretty good, and I have a digital credit of about 50 bucks which never gets spent because there's barely anything exclusive on the eshop worth getting.

I actually hope Smash also gets some character/expansion DLC after half a year or so.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the DLC pretty much right-away. 16 courses, 6 characters and some vehicles for 12 bucks seemed pretty good, and I have a digital credit of about 50 bucks which never gets spent because there's barely anything exclusive on the eshop worth getting.

I actually hope Smash also gets some character/expansion DLC after half a year or so.
Same here...everything actually already loads up in the game, just had placeholders for characters and the cups. I like the Yoshi and Shy Guy Colors too...at least we get something to use now lol. I was hoping they would add a regular Dry Bones tho.

Also, I just noticed that they patched it so you can see your stats! Shows coins, wins, loses, race rating, battle rating, favorite course/character/vehicle/tires/glider, number of drifts/miniturbos/superturbos/jump boosts/times saved by Lakitu, balloons popped, own balloons popped, and times youve used tilt controls.

Also, I just noticed that they patched it so you can see your stats! Shows coins, wins, loses, race rating, battle rating, favorite course/character/vehicle/tires/glider, number of drifts/miniturbos/superturbos/jump boosts/times saved by Lakitu, balloons popped, own balloons popped, and times youve used tilt controls.

Why is everyone so excited for this? Ignoring the fact that extra characters/bikes means little in the gameplay..... how is this going to be good for the online community? At best, Nintendo will create different matchmaking areas for people with 1 DLC pack, people with the other, and people with both. But, given their history with online and the fact that Mario Kart is the only game they've ever gotten right online, I'm not confident that the new tracks will be playable online at all, at least not outside a private/friend match. In which case they are a complete waste of money to someone like me.

I've never been a fan of DLC in any form; it greatly encourages devs to cut out fanservice or premium content to sell later. Not necessarily saying that's what they did here, but I am saying that's almost certainly their plan for SSB.

It's hard to be pissed when I've got hundreds in eshop credit and nothing good to spend it on... if the tracks are playable online I will probably end up getting this for that reason alone. I don't want to be pressured into pre-ordering it though, at least not until I get some idea of what the new tracks look like and guarantee that they can be played online without having to waste time organizing a private match.

Not to mention you are paying for content that isn't even out until November/May.

That's the one nice thing I can think of to say honestly. Nintendo's pricing for DLC has been asinine in the past, it's nice to see a fairly reasonable price for this. $10-$15 range feels fair to me, I'd have guessed them pricing $20 at least, so I'm happy with $12..... assuming these tracks are playable online without having to go through the pain of setting up a private match without a workable invite system.
Apparently, you don't know how new DLC maps work online. Sure, there are some games *cough*Halo*cough* that won't let you play without said DLC, but others let you play on map without purchasing; you just can't select the map yourself (Playstation All-Stars).

Apparently, you don't know how new DLC maps work online. Sure, there are some games *cough*Halo*cough* that won't let you play without said DLC, but others let you play on map without purchasing; you just can't select the map yourself (Playstation All-Stars).
No, I wasn't aware PS All Stars did that, none of the games I can think of handled DLC that way. If that's how Nintendo handles this then I will be satisfied. But nobody knows for sure.

If they do take that method, the 2+ GB download will be mandatory and that's gonna screw over some people who bought the basic model..... I mean that's over a quarter of the system's memory, and IIRC the 2 smallest freebies we got for registering MK8 were each over 2 GB as well (NSMBU and WWHD)...... so for anybody who owns the basic model, that's over half your memory right there.

Not that that concerns me, it just makes me wonder if that's the route they'll really take.

Last edited:
Where did you see that these new characters and karts will be leagues better than the basic bunch? Did they announce that the bikes will be patched to its Wii usage? What inside info did you get that told you these characters won't fall into the standard tiers already available in MK8?

Where did you see that these new characters and karts will be leagues better than the basic bunch? Did they announce that the bikes will be patched to its Wii usage? What inside info did you get that told you these characters won't fall into the standard tiers already available in MK8?
None, and I never said they would be. I said I didn't want to see the balancing they've built into this game ruined by overpowered (or underpowered) DLC. I'm sure you are aware of games where that's happened in the past, and we all know Nintendo isn't the best when it comes to balancing (bikes in Mario Kart Wii, poor racers like Bowser Jr, Meta Knight in SSB, ect). Considering this is the first time Nintendo's tweaked a game like this, and given their history such as those examples I just mentioned, I'm not sure what to expect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back