Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you see that these new characters and karts will be leagues better than the basic bunch? Did they announce that the bikes will be patched to its Wii usage? What inside info did you get that told you these characters won't fall into the standard tiers already available in MK8?
Sometimes when the facts don't offer anything to complain about, you have to complain about hypothetical stuff.

Well I just downloaded the Pro-Order DLC, seems like a great deal. Also, my Mario Kart 8 updated and the Next Race button is first now! No more View Highlight Reel!

Well I just downloaded the Pro-Order DLC, seems like a great deal. Also, my Mario Kart 8 updated and the Next Race button is first now! No more View Highlight Reel!
They fixed that??? Wow. That's fantastic news... I was going insane, accidentally hitting the highlight reel every time.

As far as the DLC goes... this is exactly what I wanted them to do. The 32 track formula, half of them old tracks, feels so stale after a decade that adding new courses is perfect. $12 for both packs is amazing - I would have expected $10 each and maybe $15 for the bundle, but this is a fantastic price.

They fixed that??? Wow. That's fantastic news... I was going insane, accidentally hitting the highlight reel every time.

As far as the DLC goes... this is exactly what I wanted them to do. The 32 track formula, half of them old tracks, feels so stale after a decade that adding new courses is perfect. $12 for both packs is amazing - I would have expected $10 each and maybe $15 for the bundle, but this is a fantastic price.
Part of the patch was that it would remember what you selected previously.

Sometimes when the facts don't offer anything to complain about, you have to complain about hypothetical stuff.
Yes, because Nintendo's history with balancing in Mario Kart is SO great..... :roll: And since when does a comment saying I will "wait and see" = "bitching"? Apparently the fact that I didn't rush out and pre-order digital content months ahead of time without the information I need to make an informed decision makes me a "troll" in your eyes :roll: :roll: :roll:

I really don't get why you feel the need to go out of your way to put me down, especially after so much time has passed without incident. I mean christ, do you really have nothing better to do with your time? What is it about you Nintendo "trolls" (actually I guess it's just you and Confucious) that draw you to me? You've been making leaps and putting words in my mouth every thread you quote me in, isn't it time to give it a rest?

If you don't like what I say, there's an ignore feature. Use it. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the Mario Kart DLC last night and also downloaded the Fall which I had no idea was getting released on Wii U. My friend played it on steam and raved about it so I glad to give it a try.

I noticed that, too. But of course the first time I automatically went to the second option of out of habit.

I think someone mentioned yesterday that one of the confirmed "new" tracks is going to be Wario's Gold Mine, which isn't exactly a new track. I'm hoping that's the only rehash (if it's even true).

I think someone mentioned yesterday that one of the confirmed "new" tracks is going to be Wario's Gold Mine, which isn't exactly a new track. I'm hoping that's the only rehash (if it's even true).
I believe the original reports indicated that there would be Zelda and Animal Crossing themed tracks in the respective packs as well.

I believe the original reports indicated that there would be Zelda and Animal Crossing themed tracks in the respective packs as well.
Along with a new F-Zero themed course in the first pack too. My guess is that with each pack having 8 tracks, 4 will be new, 4 will be retro.

Wait, what's wrong with the current bikes?
I know I hate the bikes in this game. It's a lot harder to steer with them, especially using the power boost thingees. I still use them because of how different they feel from karts which keeps the game fresh, but I do find it almost impossible to win anything using them most of the time.

They didn't feel as hard to control on the Wii, but I think that's cause of the automatic settings that game had seem to have been scrapped from this one. I know those options made the motion controls much more manageable than they are in this game. Plus I could always make up with poorer steering with well times wheelies, which were also scrapped...

I don't think I've put in enough time to comment on the balancing for MK8, I'm sure many of you put in much more than I have, but judging from what I've seen the balancing does seem better than it was in MKWii, I think I just suck with bikes. I don't know if any adjustments would be made so that people like me can use them effectively without destroying the balance, but if so I would certainly be open to it. I found the bikes much more manageable in the Wii version, but I don't think I want to get that back at the expense of the balancing.

Along with a new F-Zero themed course in the first pack too. My guess is that with each pack having 8 tracks, 4 will be new, 4 will be retro.

That was my initial thought, but if that's the case why not announce what the retro ones will be now? I don't want to get stuck paying for 3 new tracks and 13 rehashes. Honestly I don't think that will be an issue but it does seem like they are holding back a lot of pertinent info, there's no harm in releasing a list of track names so that people will know what they are buying.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me and I would be perfectly fine with that as long as they treat them like they did the ones in the base game. I found them updated nicely and felt appropriate to the game unlike some past iterations.

Nice Capcom sale this week!

Wii U

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $6.75
DuckTales: Remastered - $7.49
Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate - $15.99
Resident Evil® Revelations - $19.99
Street Fighter™ II: The World Warrior - $4.99
Super Street Fighter™ II: The New Challengers - $4.99
Street Fighter™ II’ Turbo: Hyper Fighting - $4.99
Street Fighter™ Alpha 2 - $4.99

Nintendo 3DS

Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® - Dual Destinies - $17.99
Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate - $19.99
Resident Evil® Revelations - $8.99
Resident Evil® Mercenaries 3D - $8.99
Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition - $9.99

Finally! Our months of patience have been rewarded!!! Now to wait for the next game so we can get a sale on the x Layton game...

Now I just need some freaking power so I can buy Phoenix Wright and EO Millennium Girl.

I am overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of games with both "Street Fighter" and "2" in their names. Is there a breakdown anywhere of what's what and what's worth it?

Also, I've never been able to get into Monster Hunter... is 3 Ultimate the one to maybe convert me?

I am overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of games with both "Street Fighter" and "2" in their names. Is there a breakdown anywhere of what's what and what's worth it?

Also, I've never been able to get into Monster Hunter... is 3 Ultimate the one to maybe convert me?
Please bare with the recollections of an old man:

SF: World warrior is the original SFII and only allowed 8 characters for selection.

SF II: The New Challengers added the four bosses: Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison as playable characters (had to be unlocked).

SFII: Hyper Fighting sounds just like it is -- It introduced the fight speed to be tuned from super slow to super fast fight movement speeds. It was built upon The New Challengers. I can't remember if there were new characters (I dont believe there were). If you were to buy any of them, buy hyper fighting only because by default, it's basically The New Challengers.

Besides minor graphic detail and music changes, here's a summary of differences off the cuff:

SF2 WW = basic edition. Only 8 playable characters.

SF2 Turbo = better edition than WW. My favorite to play. 12 playable chars, and adjustable animation/gameplay speed (turbo)

Super SF2 = meh. 16 playable chars, more levels, but no turbo adjustment.

You can pretty much knock WW off the list.

Besides minor graphic detail and music changes, here's a summary of differences off the cuff:

SF2 WW = basic edition. Only 8 playable characters.

SF2 Turbo = better edition than WW. My favorite to play. 12 playable chars, and adjustable animation/gameplay speed (turbo)

Super SF2 = meh. 16 playable chars, more levels, but no turbo adjustment.

You can pretty much knock WW off the list.

Please bare with the recollections of an old man:

SF: World warrior is the original SFII and only allowed 8 characters for selection.

SF II: The New Challengers added the four bosses: Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison as playable characters (had to be unlocked).

SFII: Hyper Fighting sounds just like it is -- It introduced the fight speed to be tuned from super slow to super fast fight movement speeds. It was built upon The New Challengers. I can't remember if there were new characters (I dont believe there were). If you were to buy any of them, buy hyper fighting only because by default, it's basically The New Challengers.
That helps a lot. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Street Fighter games on Wii U work with the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade FightStick?
Probably depends on what the FightStick as recognized as. A Wiimote? Then it'll probably work.

Street Fighter™ II: The World Warrior - $4.99 - ORIGINAL (1st)

Street Fighter™ II’ Turbo: Hyper Fighting - $4.99 - FASTER (3rd)

Super Street Fighter™ II: The New Challengers - $4.99 - ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS (4th)
Street Fighter™ Alpha 2 - $4.99 - SPIN-OFF SERIES

EDIT: I WAS TOO SLOW.

I think SF: World warrior is the original SFII and only allowed 8 characters for selection.

SFII: Hyper Fighting sounds just like it is -- It introduced the fight speed to be tuned from super slow to super fight movement speeds. It was built upon The New Challengers. I can't remember if there were new characters (I dont believe there were). If you were to buy any of them, buy hyper fighting only because by default, it's basically The New Challengers.
Close, but you are wrong. Let an old man educate you. See directly below.

Oh! You must be a young feller. :)

Street Fighter II: Original SNES release. We all peed our pants at being able to play SFII on a home console.

Street Fighter II Turbo: They skipped the arcade release that just made the bosses playable and released this instead. It makes the bosses playable and, yes, adds the speed mechanic and a few more bells and whistles. And yes, we bought every damn single release of this game and were grateful for it, even though we were getting fleeced. The bosses don't need to be unlocked. Damn thing didn't even have a save battery, so there was no unlocking back then.

Super Street Fighter II: Now this is kind of like a new game. In addition to the playable bosses, it adds four new characters. We bought this one, too, and we didn't even feel ripped off (even though were were).

Super Street Fighter II Turbo brought the speed mechanic back and blah blah, but that never got released on the SNES.

I hope that answers questions rather than just confusing people all the more. Wikipedia probably explains it better than I do but less succinctly.

Finally! Our months of patience have been rewarded!!! Now to wait for the next game so we can get a sale on the x Layton game...

Now I just need some freaking power so I can buy Phoenix Wright and EO Millennium Girl.
Good taste! By the way, where the heck do you live, Myanmar? For some reason I thought you lived in Washington. Or maybe you live in Washington DC! hehe

Street Fighter II: Original SNES release. We all peed our pants at being able to play SFII on a home console.
I can attest to the peeing of the pants. I was 12 when that came out and it was amazing, but was also bittersweet. During one of our playthroughs, one of my buddies said, "With home games looking this good, what do you think will happen to all the arcades?"

I can attest to the peeing of the pants. I was 12 when that came out and it was amazing, but was also bittersweet. During one of our playthroughs, one of my buddies said, "With home games looking this good, what do you think will happen to all the arcades?"
That is a bit sad... I think I was a little younger, maybe 10, and when I read about it in Nintendo Power, I was so psyched I actually sought out a coin-op and played it in preparation. Found one down the hill at a run down shopping mall that only had a grocery store and a few junky stores (and now it's just the grocery store and offices... and the DMV). I think arcades had already begun to close, vanish, and turn into games where you win tickets and buy junk, but home versions of games like SFII probably were the nail in the coffin.

Did you play Tri for the Wii? If you did and that didn't grab you, this one won't (basically a gigantic expansion). If not, I think it's worth trying out.
I did try Tri on the Wii, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a try. Me and a friend, SLOGGING through those opening missions. We were both new to the series, and neither of us could see the appeal at all.

While we're reminiscing about SF games being released, I remember getting SFIITurbo and playing it for hours and hours. I was blown away by all the extra content.

When Alpha 2 came out, it was almost $80 in stores. The chip used for the animations to get it on the SNES was expensive to produce. You kids don't know how good you have it with market-wide standard MSRPs.

While we're reminiscing about SF games being released, I remember getting SFIITurbo and playing it for hours and hours. I was blown away by all the extra content.

When Alpha 2 came out, it was almost $80 in stores. The chip used for the animations to get it on the SNES was expensive to produce. You kids don't know how good you have it with market-wide standard MSRPs.
I had to consult wikipedia about the SNES Alpha 2. Yes, apparently it used a special chip for "on the fly graphic decompression." Wow! I guess this allowed them to compress the animation into a smaller cart size (maybe the SNES had a max ROM size). I bet this was one of the only carts with "load times" (to decompress in this case).

By the time of the Alphas, I already had a Playstation and bought them on that. I've always been terrible at fighting games, but back then, I didn't realize I was terrible and still had fun.

I had to consult wikipedia about the SNES Alpha 2. Yes, apparently it used a special chip for "on the fly graphic decompression." Wow! I guess this allowed them to compress the animation into a smaller cart size (maybe the SNES had a max ROM size). I bet this was one of the only carts with "load times" (to decompress in this case).

By the time of the Alphas, I already had a Playstation and bought them on that. I've always been terrible at fighting games, but back then, I didn't realize I was terrible and still had fun.
The PSX/Saturn ports of Alpha 2 were arcade perfect and quite impressive. The SNES version had a lot of concessions to get it running but it was still an impressive effort. Fighter enthusiasts likely don't like the port because I think a few frames are missing / the animation isn't as fluid, but I still played the hell out of this when I was 14.

Here are the deals for this week:

Blok Drop U - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/25

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]DuckTales: Remastered - $7.49 - 50% Off[/SIZE][SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $6.75 - 55% Off[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 9/4

Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 - 60% Off[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - $4.99 - 38% Off[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting - $4.99 - 38% Off[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 9/4

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - $4.99 - 38% Off[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] - Ends 9/4[/SIZE]

Ending Soon:

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]BBU! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/31[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Hello Kitty Kruisers - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/1[/SIZE]

New Releases:

Donkey Kong Jr. Math - NES - $4.99

The Fall - $9.99

Mega Man X3 - SNES - $7.99

SteamWorld Dig - $9.99

New Add-ons:

Mario Kart 8 - Mercedes-Benz X Mario Kart 8 - Free

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Mario Kart 8 - Pack 1 + Pack 2 Bundle - $11.99 - Pre-order[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Mario Kart 8 - Pack 1: The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 - $7.99 - Pre-order[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Mario Kart 8 - Pack 2: Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 - $7.99[/SIZE]

Cubemen 2 is out next week.

Is there any sorta Cross-Buy deal on Steamworld Dig?  

I thought there was talk about it being a possiblity.

Is there any sorta Cross-Buy deal on Steamworld Dig?

I thought there was talk about it being a possiblity.
https://twitter.com/destructoid/status/504676215148396544

The gist of the article is that NOE has their Cross Buy discount stuff ready to go while NOA is still working on it. EU people got 25% off of SWD.

https://twitter.com/destructoid/status/504676215148396544

The gist of the article is that NOE has their Cross Buy discount stuff ready to go while NOA is still working on it. EU people got 25% off of SWD.
Thanks Frisky.

Guess I'll wait it out and hope for a better discount than 25%off

FYI PSA: If you preordered Mario Kart from Best Buy for the $10 gift card, it's supposed to expire on August 31. If you still have it lying around spend it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back