Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teslagrad is coming to the Wii U eShop on 9/11:

Teslagrad will be available to download from the Wii U eShop on Europe and North America on September 11th, priced at £13.99 / €14.99 / $14.99. Praised by dozens of international game critics with 80+ review scores, the Wii U version (featuring new controls and off-TV play) is a do-not-miss release.

About Teslagrad

Teslagrad is a puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new habilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.

• Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into — and beyond— Tesla Tower, as you discover and use amazing new items.
  • Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
  • Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
  • Old-school boss fights! Use your skills and wits to overcome the 5 incredible final bosses eager to demagnetize you.
  • No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
  • Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bit and electrical stuff.
And looking at this big release date press release from Nintendo, here are some more eShop release dates:

Art of Balance - September

Citizens of Earth - 11/4

Costume Quest 2 - 10/7

Cubemen 2 (previously mentioned) - 9/4

Gone Home - December

KickBeat Special Edition - 9/16

Plus a new version of Art Academy for Wii U:

Art Academy (working title): This new entry in the Art Academy franchise is a download-exclusive application that incorporates the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller. Users learn, create and share with in-depth step-by-step lessons accessible even to novice artists, using the large Wii U GamePad screen as the canvas. The game is scheduled to launch in 2014.

Just saw the video for Teslagrad...   ME WANT NOW!!!

Guess I should also get to attaching a harddrive. Already been juggling dl's since they made DI free

So Monster Hunter 3 U. Is it better on WiiU or 3DS?
The 3DS version is great but the WiiU one is definitely better. Crisper graphics, the option to use the Pro Controller, basically everything but portability. So if that's not a factor go WiiU for sure and it can still play with 3DS people via local wi-fi.

So Monster Hunter 3 U. Is it better on WiiU or 3DS?
There's demos on the eShop (a least for the 3DS, I assume the Wii U has one as well?). If you don't have a CPP, try the demo first. I attempted to play the MH3 demo without one and found it downright unplayable wthout the 2nd analog nub, the camera just didn't rotate naturally or quickly enough - it was extremely awkward.

With the CPP, though, my understanding is that it controls and plays quite well. I don't have one so I've never been able to give it a whirl with the proper controls.

There's demos on the eShop (a least for the 3DS, I assume the Wii U has one as well?). If you don't have a CPP, try the demo first. I attempted to play the MH3 demo without one and found it downright unplayable wthout the 2nd analog nub, the camera just didn't rotate naturally or quickly enough - it was extremely awkward.

With the CPP, though, my understanding is that it controls and plays quite well. I don't have one so I've never been able to give it a whirl with the proper controls.
I had no issue with controlling the 3DS version without it as I mapped the camera controls to take up most of the touch screen. Wasn't perfect but it hardly detracted from the experience to me, but others couldn't make it work for them. Having two sticks on either version is just easier to deal with.

Monster Hunter demos are always terrible since they just throw you into a boss fight without any training to prepare you for it.
I hate demos like that on RPGs, too. They somehow think they have to put you in the middle of the game for you to get excited, but then its like 10,000 systems, powerful characters that are confusing, a storyline you have no idea what's going on with...

Hmm might have to bite on MH3U I've never played any iteration of the game outside of the 3ds demo. Not really sure if I'll love it or hate it, as what I've read and seen could make me go either way.

does it take a major time investment per session? Or like Diablo can I play it in short bursts without the need to sit down for two hours?

I'm sorry, but the 3ds version is super-easy to control, you just hit the L button to point the camera in the direction you're facing.

Hmm might have to bite on MH3U I've never played any iteration of the game outside of the 3ds demo. Not really sure if I'll love it or hate it, as what I've read and seen could make me go either way.

does it take a major time investment per session? Or like Diablo can I play it in short bursts without the need to sit down for two hours?
The latter :D

I'd say that you could easily just spend ~30 minutes chunks of time playing in areas for normal quests with maybe some occasional longer sessions when you're going after the big monsters.

New Releases

Nobunaga's Ambition

Cubemen 2

Ice Cream Surfer

Sales

Jett Tailfin - $24.95 (price drop)

We’re celebrating the upcoming launch of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS with a sale! Starting at 9 a.m. PT today through 8:59 a.m. PT Oct. 2, save up to 33 percent on select games that helped make your favorite fighters famous. This week includes Mario, Yoshi and more classic Nintendo characters.

Not sure if the Smash sale will include Wii U stuff too, though I hope so since there's nothing else on sale.

Here are all of the deals for this week:

Color Zen Kids - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 9/30

Jett Tailfin - $24.95 - 29% Off - Permanent Price Drop

LEGO The Hobbit - $29.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop

New Super Mario Bros. U - $39.99 - 33% Off - Ends 9/11

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 9/11

Super Mario 3D World - $39.99 - 33% Off - Ends 9/11

Super Mario Bros. 2 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 9/11

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 9/11

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

New Releases:

Cubemen 2 - $7.99

Ice Cream Surfer - $5.00

Nobunaga's Ambition - SNES - $7.99

The Smash sale has started!

http://slickdeals.net/f/7180316-nintendo-eshop-sale-super-mario-3d-world-40-amp-more?sdxt01=internal&sdxt02=Deal+Bit&sdxt03=For+Thread+7180316&sdxt04=slickdealsindex

Super Mario 3D World $39.99
Super Mario Bros. 3 $3.49
Super Mario Bros. 2 $3.49
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream $3.49

(credit: slickdeals.net)
Yup, here's a full list of games for each week. Only know the prices for this week, so the remaining will be revealed as each week comes up.

Week 1

Posted above

Week 2

Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

Mega Man X

Week 3

Metroid

Pokémon Rumble U

Wii Fit U

Week 4

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Pikmin 3

PacMan & the Ghostly Adventures

I plan on getting Minish Cap next week. Can't Wait!!!!

Different link than I saw earlier (that one says up to 40% but the other one said 30%). There's 10 titles on sale this week across the two platforms so it would be surprising to me if they went down drastically. It's also missing the sort of older VC stuff you would expect to fill it out.

Edit- It does say the list is a preview in that post so hopefully we will get more gems on too of that.

The link I posted above DOES say" Here’s a preview of this week’s sale titles, featuring some of the Veteran Fighters including Mario™, Little Mac, Yoshi™ and Newcomers Rosalina & Luma." However, all the games mentioned above are what's on sale. No more. So I think that preview moniker mentioned by Nintendo is a bit off. Don't get me wrong, I would like more discounts but I think this is it(in regards to a Smash related sale).

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

The first week has all the offers and sections for the weeks 2-4

I'm not sure what you mean. There's more games on sale as part of this weeks sales than was mentioned in the first link (PunchOut, SMB2, SMB3). Each character shown in the second link is prominent in at least one game on sale.

Based on that I would guess that Ocarina of Time could be on sale next week (only game Shiek is in so why ), a Kid Icarus game (probably one of the old games since we're already heavy on retail releases though I would like Uprising), an F-Zero game, and possibly another Fire Emblem game or DLC (Ike is only in FEA through DLC I believe but I don't think Olimer is in Pikmin 3 and represents that).

Week 3 I would guess that we might additionally see Metroid Zero Mission (Zero Suit Samus). Then it's a little less clear. Maybe Nintendoland for the Mii Fighters (think there's something similar in there), and maybe an X/Y sale for Greninja. Might be a stretch there but what's been confirmed otherwise and with today shows a good balance between retail titles and VC. The confirmed for week 3 only has Wii Fit U which is probably really niche appeal.

Week 4 we need a Star Fox and Kirby game (or games to fill the VC role).

All speculation of course but of they follow the pattern they set up today those would be my guesses for what they're keeping secret.

I'm really hoping they include Mario Kart though they may not with how well it has sold. I couldn't resist trading in my copy for $56 to Gamestop with the 50% coupon last week. I'd buy it digitally if it was $50 or less. $40 would be awesome. Otherwise I'll just wait for some sale on the physical copy, a B2G1 or maybe even used at GS. I don't have to get it again until the new tracks (which I've already prordered) come out in November.

I'm really hoping they include Mario Kart though they may not with how well it has sold. I couldn't resist trading in my copy for $56 to Gamestop with the 50% coupon last week. I'd buy it digitally if it was $50 or less. $40 would be awesome. Otherwise I'll just wait for some sale on the physical copy, a B2G1 or maybe even used at GS. I don't have to get it again until the new tracks (which I've already prordered) come out in November.
If they follow the theme of games for the characters I don't see it during this sale. Think BF or Target B2G1 will be your best bet.

EldritchOnRye said:
If they follow the theme of games for the characters I don't see it during this sale. Think BF or Target B2G1 will be your best bet.
Yeah, I know, Mario Kart is too much like Smash Bros. in being a collection so no one character will fit. But you never know. Hopefully they just randomly have it on sale some time before then. I'd prefer to get it digitally - but only for $50 or less.

Maybe Super Mario Kart will go on sale, but I doubt the new game will go on sale consider they had the big promotion for buying up to the end of July.

Looks like the sale ends 9/11.

My plan is to buy some game cards from Target (09/07) which are B1G1 25% 

Use that to get SM3DW for $35.  Gonna use those DDP promo codes to bring it down further.

This is one game I don't plan to resell; it's pretty much a staple title for the Wii U.

Really considering grabbing Mario 3D world. Have enjoyed my Wii U a lot but ive heard this the best game for it so interested in playing it

I get charged tax in the eShop... :/
Are you a cheap ass gamer, like us?
You should be using a tax free zip code for all your eshop purchases. Every one here should know this.

One problem is if retailers charge tax at point of sale on these cards, which they shouldnt

Really considering grabbing Mario 3D world. Have enjoyed my Wii U a lot but ive heard this the best game for it so interested in playing it
It's worth it. I got a hard copy recently for ~$35 recently from stacking some Target deals and have been extremely satisfied. Plus, if you download the game, you can get credit toward the deluxe digital promotion.

You should be using a tax free zip code for all your eshop purchases. Every one here should know this.

One problem is if retailers charge tax at point of sale on these cards, which they shouldnt
I feel like the hollow shell of a CAG right now. I'll fix that immediately :(

[quote name="Querjek" post="12067514" timestamp="1409928318"]

It's worth it. I got a hard copy recently for ~$35 recently from stacking some Target deals and have been extremely satisfied. Plus, if you download the game, you can get credit toward the deluxe digital promotion.

Top part is your quote which I somehow screwed up
I really shouldnt be buying games, especially with Diablo still on my plate and Destiny so soon but this is a game ive been eyeing for a while. Might see what games I have to trade in toward some eshop credit, or if I have a good weekend on Fanduel it'll make my decision much easier.

I did get charged tax on the new $10 eShop cards with the AR cards in them at Target, likely because they're coded differently since you get something aside from currency.

Dat was just sarcasm, his point being that generally everything gets an eShop release these days (and when something doesn't, it's pretty darn strange).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back