Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using wpa2 is a good idea anyway. Only downside is it won't work with ds lites.
My workaround for that was setting up a VAP specifically for the DS Lite, using WEP.

Is online still active for any DS games, where this could be a potential issue?

Back on topic - Hyrule Warriors. I was a fan of Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4, but haven't played any since. Is it the same game with a Zelda skin over the top, or are there different aspects to the gameplay that would make it worth the $50 now, instead of the $30 it will be in 6 months?

Back on topic - Hyrule Warriors. I was a fan of Dynasty Warriors 3 and 4, but haven't played any since. Is it the same game with a Zelda skin over the top, or are there different aspects to the gameplay that would make it worth the $50 now, instead of the $30 it will be in 6 months?
I've played through the first 4 scenarios in the campaign. Since you've only played DW3 and 4, you would probably try to hack and slash your way through this game like you would in those two, but you will find it is a recipe to lose. The more recent musou games require you really to eliminate all enemy spawn points. This game in particular, none of your troops can be counted on to hold a base and if you leave 1 or two enemy captains alive and behind your line, they will eventually take over all your bases (including your main base). There is also an adventure more with goal oriented tasks in a specific scenario you can play for bonuses.

For your question -- It's hard to say. This game is rated very similar to the wonderful 101 which tanked in price really quickly. Having said that, it is far from the series that Zelda is and it's following. Look at South Park... that game has held its value for some time and until fairly recently has it only started to become sub $30... pretty good, especially for a ubisoft game. I'm willing to bet that Hyrule warriors sold pretty well this week, but more telling is how it does in the following few weeks and through the holiday. I'm guessing there will be sales for $50, but no price drop in the next few months. I dont think it will be $30 within a 6 month period... unless you talking about finding it in amazon warehouse or a special nintendo promotion.

Hyrule Warriors seems like a good candidate to be one of those half off games come Black Friday. Not the least because there's almost nothing else for the WiiU from this year.

Hyrule Warriors seems like a good candidate to be one of those half off games come Black Friday. Not the least because there's almost nothing else for the WiiU from this year.
I disagree. Nintendo knows what they're doing and this game, as much as it is a storied franchies, would only speak to niche players. I'm betting on a sale on NSMB U and Mario Kart 8 before Hyrule Warriors. Mainly Mario Kart through because of the online capability.

I disagree. Nintendo knows what they're doing and this game, as much as it is a storied franchies, would only speak to niche players. I'm betting on a sale on NSMB U and Mario Kart 8 before Hyrule Warriors. Mainly Mario Kart through because of the online capability.
If they feature NSMBU the WiiU is in some real trouble.

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="12145743" timestamp="1412732659"]How has nobody mentioned this?!

[/quote] nobody cares. Nah. Everybody is busy playing smash 3ds

Here are the new deals for this week:

Angry Bunies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $4.99 - 44% Off - Ends 11/25

Color Zen - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 11/25

Color Zen Kids - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 11/25

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $9.75 - 35% Off - Ends 10/16

Just Dance Kids 2014 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 11/25

ZaciSa's Last Stand - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/1

Ending Soon:

The Letter - $0.49 - 75% Off - Ends 10/10

Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 10/12

New Releases:

Art of Balance - $8.99

Turtle Tale - $2.99

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - GBA - $7.99

As a note, Bayonetta 2 is being bundled with the first game digitally as well. If you buy 2 for $50, you get a discount which makes the first game $10.

CotM's gameplay mechanics aren't quite as polished as the other 2 GBA games but it's still well above the "good enough" bar.  Plus, it's about the only Metroidvania game in the franchise that is actually challenging.  I'd recommend it.

CotM's gameplay mechanics aren't quite as polished as the other 2 GBA games but it's still well above the "good enough" bar. Plus, it's about the only Metroidvania game in the franchise that is actually challenging. I'd recommend it.
And that's what I liked about it. The following ones got deeper magic systems and other elements but CotM was really just about whipping things.

Sometimes that's all you want from CastleVania.
Exactly. I don't think there's a DS or GBA one I didn't like but the extra stuff on top of the basic formula just never resonated as much with me. This is all making me nostalgic for the GBA.

The worst part about Circle of Moon was it was so damn dark at times. The Wii U VC version is much better in that respect.

Otherwise, It's another great Castlevania game. I'd recommend them all to be honest. The GBA and DS ones were superb. It's a shame Konami has basically gave up on the 2D series. I would probably buy a IPhone just to play a new one if they continued.

The worst part about Circle of Moon was it was so damn dark at times. The Wii U VC version is much better in that respect.

Otherwise, It's another great Castlevania game. I'd recommend them all to be honest. The GBA and DS ones were superb. It's a shame Konami has basically gave up on the 2D series. I would probably buy a IPhone just to play a new one if they continued.
Well that was a perpetual problem with the GBA. Man I wish original model had back lights, would love to have one of those still.

Well, no, it wasn't just a lack of a light on the GBA, the game itself was ridiculously dark.
I haven't played it in years but I don't recall that being an issue with the game itself and it looks fine on YouTube being played on the GC adapter and filmed off the SP. Regardless it's a great game. Would love to see a big sale on all these one day since they're still just too over priced to me.

Does CoTM look over pixelated on larger TV's or do you guys play on the gamepad?  (I have a 47" to play on).  Beat this one and AoS already, but am considering getting all 3 of these.  Guess order of ecclesia wont make it here since it's a DS title?

How is Guacamelee? I've heard good things about it and I'm a sucker for a sale.
I can not speak to the nintendo version of the game, but the sony version is very fun. Controls are tight and game moves quickly. It's metroidvania in a luchidor kind of setting. $5 well spent on PSN. If this one is remotely similar, I'd recommend it.

CotM might be may favorite Castlevania game. The music is fantastic, it's got more traditional play-style but the magic system still dramatically changes the way you play the game, and secrets galore for completionists. To me, it's the definitive Castlevania game.

Harmony of Dissonance is a mess, though. Horribly confusing map system and it's not always clear what you should be doing. I tried to beat it a few times over the years and it always just leaves me frustrated and annoyed.

Aria of Sorrow, however, is fantastic, even if it's a pretty liberal take on the formula. The fact you get abilities/powers from almost every single enemy means you constantly have new things to do. I'm sure this'll make it to the VC since Konami has started putting the others up.

How is Guacamelee? I've heard good things about it and I'm a sucker for a sale.
I played the hell out of it on Vita/PS3. Tempted by the Wii U version on sale since it's got the additional content.

For $10 it's well, well worth it, regardless of the platform. The trophies on PS3 made it extra fun since they added challenge to the game (I'm not generally a Trophy/Achievement junky) and their absence on the Wii U is a bummer. Still, can't go wrong with a great game.

How is "The Letter"? It seems cheap.
Giant turd. The world is barren and looks like it was created on a PC in the 90s, no real story, no puzzles, and a fuck you ending. Can be beaten in less than a few minutes knowing where to go, and beat it in 10-15 when you take in everything.

The end result of disappointment is the same, because you get nothing out of taking your time with the game.

Giant turd. The world is barren and looks like it was created on a PC in the 90s, no real story, no puzzles, and a fuck you ending. Can be beaten in less than a few minutes knowing where to go, and beat it in 10-15 when you take in everything.

The end result of disappointment is the same, because you get nothing out of taking your time with the game.
So what you're saying is it's like a better version of Ground Zeroes?

2D Castlevania on iPhone? I can't imagine that working well with a touch screen. It would be neat, though.

Well that was a perpetual problem with the GBA. Man I wish original model had back lights, would love to have one of those still.
I purchased several models off of eBay in a fit of remorse for getting rid of all my old consoles. None of the GBAs had backlights until the very last model of SP, which released at the end (after the DS and Micro were out), and few people bought it. Other than that, the original SP had a frontlight. I actually enjoy frontlights because you can still play them in the sun. I have a GBA, then two SPs, one with the front light and one with the back. And a Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, two Game Boy Colors... I kind of went overboard...

I haven't played it in years but I don't recall that being an issue with the game itself and it looks fine on YouTube being played on the GC adapter and filmed off the SP. Regardless it's a great game. Would love to see a big sale on all these one day since they're still just too over priced to me.
They took a lot of flak for making it such a dark game, and they significantly brightened up the other two GBA releases. Think pastels. :)

Please do not purchase that garbage. It isn't a finished game and Nintendo should be ashamed that they let it on the eshop. It isn't worth 2 cents let alone 49.

Wow thanks guys! Not buying it.

[quote name="nba4life2k" post="152768" timestamp="1088985667"]I got 5 games. man everything was gone.[/quote] I just bought to support the dev so he can continue doing more shitty games

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12153211" timestamp="1413013308"]How did you quote that ancient post in here?[/quote] holy Lord. Tapatalk is crazy. I tried to quote pittsnoggle's post.

You're right, I should have said I wish the original model had been lit.
Sorry. I feel like a massive pedant now. I should have just said, "YEAH!" Actually, I have no idea why they didn't just stick a front light on the original GBA. I'm sure there must have been concern for battery life, and maybe front lights used lots more power then than when the GBA SP game out, but...? It's a weird dichotomy where the older systems are terrible indoors, but great outdoors, and the modern systems are great indoors and terrible outside and terrible in the sun.

Not to excuse The Letter for being bad, but this article helps explain why it is the way it is.
He spends as much time on his sentence structure as he does his games, poor guy. I'd like for him to be able to keep doing games. Sounds like a weird mix of incompetent publisher, no time, and no money. And no sentence writing strategies in primary school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back