Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my own ideal fair world, nes/gba games would be $3, snes $5, n64 would be $7-$10, wii would be $10-15, except for the occasional exclusives like earthbound that are understandably gouged.  Didn't ms used to put up most xbox games for only $10 on xbox 360 marketplace?  That was only 1 generation old.

And is it safe for me to lose all hope of a wii u vc release of xenoblade chronicles now that there is a physical new 3ds release?  I would love to get that digital for even $20 on wii u, but they knew it goes for enough that a physical re-release would still be considered a deal.  But the nintendo direct did make it sound like they are trying to release wii games that people didn't get a chance to play, aka rare short to OOP games.

And is it safe for me to lose all hope of a wii u vc release of xenoblade chronicles now that there is a physical new 3ds release? I would love to get that digital for even $20 on wii u, but they knew it goes for enough that a physical re-release would still be considered a deal. But the nintendo direct did make it sound like they are trying to release wii games that people didn't get a chance to play, aka rare short to OOP games.
If they do at the rate they release VC stuff you may be waiting until they're about to release the next game.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of the same with the first game, which a very good game. My disappointment with it stems from Nintendo not being consistent with their many Mario titles on whether lives reset between sessions. Most of them let you rack up as many lives as you can handle, but the Galaxy games reset you back to five lives every time you start it up. That led to me having much more trouble beating the original Galaxy than I should've had because I took on the last few levels in that game with just five levels than the 20+ I probably had before that. It's a bad design that made me wonder why they still have lives in the first place because it's so easy in most of them that it's ridiculous.

Still, it's a great game if you like Mario platformers.
Because taking out Lives would mean taking out the Green Mushrooms. Normal Mushrooms are already rare in the 3D platformers.

Because taking out Lives would mean taking out the Green Mushrooms. Normal Mushrooms are already rare in the 3D platformers.
Not really. They could easily change the use of the mushrooms if they really want to keep them around, though it wouldn't be a big deal to get rid of them.

I'm considering getting the Metriod Trilogy and selling my complete CE. Should net $60-$100 from that, question is will this cause the Trilogy CE to rise or fall in price? Its still rare and collectable, this could bring it back into the spotlight, or kill demand, but who was really paying that much just to play it and not collect it?

The re-prints will probably fall, but the steel book edition will probably be around the same, maybe a small drop.
I remember the day I found it for $20 at my Walmart. A Walmart that was selling a Madden 07 CE for $70 in 2012.(and still have Halo Reach Limited edition for its MSRP)

I'm considering getting the Metriod Trilogy and selling my complete CE. Should net $60-$100 from that, question is will this cause the Trilogy CE to rise or fall in price? Its still rare and collectable, this could bring it back into the spotlight, or kill demand, but who was really paying that much just to play it and not collect it?
I obviously have no real knowledge of what will happen but if they are releasing it digitally for $10 Id try to get rid of it before that

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of the same with the first game, which a very good game. My disappointment with it stems from Nintendo not being consistent with their many Mario titles on whether lives reset between sessions. Most of them let you rack up as many lives as you can handle, but the Galaxy games reset you back to five lives every time you start it up. That led to me having much more trouble beating the original Galaxy than I should've had because I took on the last few levels in that game with just five levels than the 20+ I probably had before that. It's a bad design that made me wonder why they still have lives in the first place because it's so easy in most of them that it's ridiculous.

Still, it's a great game if you like Mario platformers.
But there were places in the game where you could visit and easily get "infinite lives". We used to always do that when we turned the game on, especially to beat some of the final levels.

But there were places in the game where you could visit and easily get "infinite lives". We used to always do that when we turned the game on, especially to beat some of the final levels.
If they're so easily trivialized, why should lives still be a thing in these games instead of straight up taking the lives away from the player?

Can't decide if I should pick up Galaxy 2 with this sale...I have a complete disc copy already....
I was torn between that too. I ended up getting the digital, I've got about half the game left and it will be nice not having to swap out discs for $10. I figure it's hard to regret owning one of the few classic Wii games for half off.

That doesn't justify the game design. It did make the game harder at times but it was more of an annoyance than a challenge.

Got around to starting Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii u but when it went into Wii mode and the game everything seemed like it had kind of a pinkish tint (the colors definitely seemed off but hard to describe). Not sure if I need tondo something to fix it or theres something wrong with my console but i havent had issues with anything else

Got around to starting Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii u but when it went into Wii mode and the game everything seemed like it had kind of a pinkish tint (the colors definitely seemed off but hard to describe). Not sure if I need tondo something to fix it or theres something wrong with my console but i havent had issues with anything else
Probably that 480p

Also, hoping for some good CN rewards tomorrow...

I grabbed Galaxy 2. I haven't owned it for some time. What was nice is that it recognizes my old save data that I transferred from my Wii.

I'm mulling over whether or not to sell my MP Trilogy steelbook before the sale on the digital version. Is there Amy confirmation that it will be $10? All I've heard is half off. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't be regularly more than $20.

The re-prints will probably fall, but the steel book edition will probably be around the same, maybe a small drop.
I would think this since that's basically what happened with the reprints. The reprints started to go down and after a brief dip the steelbook remained valuable.

Is Unepic worth $7? I don't know what to buy. That or Swords & Soldiers + Teslagrad or SMG2...
Yeah it's worth $7. Fantasy themed Metroidvania (with cringe worthy writing at times) that's really fun.

Wii games for $10 (almost regardless of what game it is, as long as it's quality) is pretty darn awesome. However, I am going to find it pretty hard to spend $20 on a Wii game, even if it's something pretty darn awesome. I hope they keep doing the $10 thing. $20 seems like kind of a rip. And it's a little cruel for people who might miss out at $10 to have to pay $20.

I guess I'm a little confused by what they're doing here. But as long as I can somehow get them for $10, I'm happy.
Disc versions of Punch out now top $70, Return to Dreamland is close to that, and Prime Trilogy tops $100. $20 is a pretty good deal.

Does SMG2 become a channel on the Wii U menu or is this only accessible through the old Wii channel? Also, and this may seem like a silly question, but does this only use the original control scheme; as in there's no Wii U Pro controller support? Thanks.

smg2 appears just as another game on your wii u menu, no need to run the Wii menu or anything like that.  It REQUIRES the motion controller/nunchuk, it will not work at all with the wii u pro, gamepad, or wii pro controller.  which sucks.

i'm pretty sure metroid prime trilogy will be the same too.  games that support the wii pro controller will work with the gamepad, but not the wii u pro or GC controller but neither SMG2 or Metroid Prime Trilogy supported the wii pro.

this week (22nd) should be donkey kong country returns, next week (29th) should be metroid prime trilogy, then later will be kirby adventure, punch out, pandora's tower, and sin and punishment.

Yep, that's confimation. Thanks.

Does SMG2 become a channel on the Wii U menu or is this only accessible through the old Wii channel? Also, and this may seem like a silly question, but does this only use the original control scheme; as in there's no Wii U Pro controller support? Thanks.
It becomes a channel on the Wii U menu, and it does recognize original Wii save data stored on the Wii U. When you're in game, you can only exit out to the Wii Menu. Also, only the Wii Remote / Nunchuck controls are available.

I think people are forgetting that they can buy these games and download them later. I bought SMG 2 last night but I only have 12 gb left that I don't want to eat up with anything I don't plan to play right now. I also bought Pushmo World because it seemed like something I would enjoy. I'm considering Teslagrad since the trailer looked good and I had already bought Swords & Soldiers. I'm trying to not buy games on Wii U that I already have on other systems since I don't plan to buy an external hard drive for a system that I barely use. And my Gamepad keeps making buzzing noises and freezing up for some reason too.

Sorry for the rant.

Just sold my complete mint copy for about $50 on eBay, so heads up, they aren't really going for near what they used to.

Disc versions of Punch out now top $70, Return to Dreamland is close to that, and Prime Trilogy tops $100. $20 is a pretty good deal.
I don't really think that's justification. The retail prices were what, $40? I paid $12.00 for Punch-Out on disc. Just because collectors, lunatics and desperate folks are willing to pay insane prices doesn't mean it's okay for Nintendo to charge more. They're not going to charge $75 for Xenoblade 3DS just because the Wii copies go for whatever they go for.

I can't help but wonder why we're getting Wii VC games before Gamecube.  I'd love to see Eternal Darkness, Rogue Squadron II or III, among others get digital releases.

I can't help but wonder why we're getting Wii VC games before Gamecube. I'd love to see Eternal Darkness, Rogue Squadron II or III, among others get digital releases.
It's because the ability to play Wii games is already built into the Wii U. All they've done is make it so that you can download the game and launch it from the main menu instead of the Wii menu. Gamecube would require emulation and more work. Nintendo likes things that take virtually no work and make lots of money.

That said, it'd be great if they do Gamecube games.

I can't help but wonder why we're getting Wii VC games before Gamecube. I'd love to see Eternal Darkness, Rogue Squadron II or III, among others get digital releases.
It's because we're not getting Wii VC. We're getting Wii games that run on native hardware with native controller support.

It's because we're not getting Wii VC. We're getting Wii games that run on native hardware with native controller support.
Hasn't it been shown the Wii U can run GameCube ISOs natively with the Nintendont mod. Last I read they even got GameCube controllers working via the Super Smash Wii U controller adapter.

Hasn't it been shown the Wii U can run GameCube ISOs natively with the Nintendont mod. Last I read they even got GameCube controllers working via the Super Smash Wii U controller adapter.
The Wii stuff is probably a much easier/cheaper thing to do than whatever it would take to get GC games up on the eShop.

They'd have to emulate memory cards, though.  I don't know exactly how Wii mode interfaces with Wii U mode (given how much they cut it off to avoid piracy) to know how trivial that would be.

There are a buttload of Punch Out's on eBay between 10 and 30 dollars, probably partial because of the upcoming sale. It's definitely not 70 right now.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if GC games do come eventually. Emulating a Classic Controller Pro probably isn't any more complicated than a GC input would be, and they run natively on the Wii hardware that's already in the box, so I could see them being not Virtual Console like these Wii games. It's just if they want money or not I guess, since modders proved it's doable with minimal effort on their end, I highly doubt it'd be difficult for Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back