Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may get Wii Punch-Out tonight. If I am able to play NES style with the Wiimote then I can handle that, I just don't want to wave my arms in front of my TV like Wii Sports Boxing. I also don't have a nunchuck anymore. 

so dumb question, never really played punch out (mom wouldn't let us play violent games) so is this the one with mike tyson? I thought that was always called Mike Tyson's punch out

super mario galaxy 2 was a no brainer to buy, punch out seems a bit more questionable... if you don't have any nostalgia for it, is it really worth playing?
my girlfriend had only ever just been in the same room when I played Punch Out NES and she gave the Wii one a try after watching me play and she loved it. she totally expected to not like the game, even. It's a solid purchase.

so dumb question, never really played punch out (mom wouldn't let us play violent games) so is this the one with mike tyson? I thought that was always called Mike Tyson's punch out

super mario galaxy 2 was a no brainer to buy, punch out seems a bit more questionable... if you don't have any nostalgia for it, is it really worth playing?
I mostly avoid eShop purchases, for several reasons, but I agree that SMG2 was a no-brainer, as is Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I am still deciding on Punch Out. If they didn't charge tax, I'd probably just have loaded a $20 card on the system and buy SMG2 and MPT and be done with it, but since I'm going to have to load more money on it, there is a good chance I'll buy Punch Out, too.

S.C.A.T. - NES - $4.99
I always thought this game was crappy. Not worth $5.

The SNES original had the auto-run, too, unless I'm totally wrong. I think with all the egg-throwing, they wanted to give us one less thing to worry about. I played the SNES version a ton and only tried (and hated) subsequent versions briefly, and I don't remember ever holding Y to run. I think I'd remember, too, because I'm one of those weirdoes who never walks in Mario games and constantly holds down the run button.

I've only played the SNES, GBA (original) and 3DS GBA Ambassador versions, not the Wii U GBA version, but from the versions I've played, the music is a huge downgrade from the SNES original. I don't remember them turning off the crying, either--maybe that's new for the Wii U version. And maybe they somehow fixed the terrible audio.

Let us know, but I think you are totally out of luck.

Looks like no one replied to you. TV issues are tough. And this is a TV issue, not a Wii U issue. Your TV should switch automatically into the correct mode. I feel your pain, though not as keenly--I have TV issues of my own (TV is delayed so retro games are impossible and audio is out of sync with the gamepad).
Wait...after 30 years you are telling me Mario can run?

The crying made me hate that game so much.

I think I may get Wii Punch-Out tonight. If I am able to play NES style with the Wiimote then I can handle that, I just don't want to wave my arms in front of my TV like Wii Sports Boxing. I also don't have a nunchuck anymore.
Like everyone else has said, that game is awesome. BTW, if you want a disc, Nintendo sells it for like $16 plus shipping. It's a great game, and one I cashed in $45 of Best Buy Rewards Certificates on, told my boss I had the shits, and went to Best Buy at opening to get it. Finished beating everyone's asses a few days later, and still pull it out on occasion.

Great game.

I mostly avoid eShop purchases, for several reasons, but I agree that SMG2 was a no-brainer, as is Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I am still deciding on Punch Out. If they didn't charge tax, I'd probably just have loaded a $20 card on the system and buy SMG2 and MPT and be done with it, but since I'm going to have to load more money on it, there is a good chance I'll buy Punch Out, too.
I skipped SMG2, still have a disc. I will not be skipping Metroid Prime Trilogy. Pretty much so I can just keep my disc copy in pristine condition. I love that game too much to not have a backup. Plus I'm lazy, and that slipcase and steelbook are just too time consuming to open. It's about time for my yearly playthrough of that game.

If you never played it, you need to.

BTW man, thanks for the recommendation on Captain Toad. It arrived today, and I'm going to start playing it this weekend.
I've never played it, well, sort of. I played 15 min of MP1 but never got into it (thanks to school).

Nice. Seems that game is going full Pikmin 3 as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Is it true that the first two Primes in Trilogy have been reworked so they aren't as frustrating as the GC originals?
I never found the first 2 frustrating. Prime 2 is my favorite game in the series.

They have the motion controls of 3, and I think they have a New Game Plus where you can carry over your completion percentage, but I can't confirm that because I 100%ed them on the first run through.

Is it true that the first two Primes in Trilogy have been reworked so they aren't as frustrating as the GC originals?
The GC games were epic.

They did rework the controls, and I think they do work better, but those GC ones were flawless.

I've never played it, well, sort of. I played 15 min of MP1 but never got into it (thanks to school).

Nice. Seems that game is going full Pikmin 3 as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Metroid is just well made, the reworked controls make it truly amazing. Those are 3 of my top games ever, and for $25, that is a LOT of gameplay. I feel it would be hard to get a better value for that price. They are the kind of games that you just want to keep playing.

I ended up finding a good condition copy of Pikmin 3 with no manual at Gamestop (also a complete copy of Pikmin 2!), used a BD coupon and picked it up, since it is impossible to find as well. It wasn't on my list of things I had to have, but I enjoyed the first one years ago.

Honestly, I am going to end up picking up everything for the WiiU close to release day.

Yeah, Captain Toad is gone from Walmart, Target, and Gamestop. I was able to order from Best Buy earlier this week though. Short supply sucks.

Yes, for the original Wii. >:[ I think you can upgrade, but you've gotta pay $1.50 for the privilege.
Do you really think you'll get it on sale for $1.50 otherwise?

And more importantly, do you think it'll be a free U game next month? This is Nintendo. I doubt you'll get it any cheaper

Ordered Punch-Out and some other stuff off that Nintendo Refurbished site. Order completed, but no confirmation email, no "there's a problem with your order" email, nothing. Strange, no matter how many times I updated it, my name was always removed at the final stages from my address and credit card, replaced with Unknown Name. It's at least listing the order, and says it's processing it. Maybe they're not big on email?

The only real complaint I've heard about either of the first two games has been difficult bosses in 2, which were nerfed a bit for Trilogy. Other than that the main changes are the motion controls which alleviate the lock on targeting that some people didn't like in 1, and removal of things that let you sequence break, which only hardcore players and speedrunners generally did.

I played 1 a lot and never felt frustration, and got about half way through 2 and was fine up to that point. The only frustrating Metroid experience I've ever really had was Other M. Where's Waldo pixel hunting sequences, very gated exploration, using missiles being retardedly complicated, not enough buttons due to Sakamoto's odd insistence to ONLY allow Wiimote with no Nunchuck or Pro Controller. Not to mention the usual plot complaints.

Yeah, Captain Toad is gone from Walmart, Target, and Gamestop. I was able to order from Best Buy earlier this week though. Short supply sucks.
I just picked up SMW3D last week and so haven't beat it yet - but was going to pick up Cpt. Toad afterwards. Is it out of print or something? Maybe I should search for it. Then again, I have $15 in DDP credit still.

I just picked up SMW3D last week and so haven't beat it yet - but was going to pick up Cpt. Toad afterwards. Is it out of print or something? Maybe I should search for it. Then again, I have $15 in DDP credit still.
Capt Toad is still widely available and probably still being printed. Probably one of the few wii u games that actually is widely stocked right now. Not sure where that guy lives that he can't find it.

So, those of you who bought Punch Out Wii, do you have a CN survey for it? They said no games sold after the 20th would, but another game I bought on eshop today had one

Captain Toad is only like a month or two old, no way is it out of print.

Can't decide if I should jump on the NES Remix 2 sale, or just wait and see if it becomes available from Club Nintendo as one of the Platinum rewards...

Capt Toad is still widely available and probably still being printed. Probably one of the few wii u games that actually is widely stocked right now. Not sure where that guy lives that he can't find it.
Charleston, wv.
It's kinda funny, I drive past 3 Wal-Marts a target, a best buy and 4 gamestops almost every day. Their stock was all dry on captain toad earlier this week. Their wiiu sections in general suck, target is by far the best. Not a big deal since I can just order one from best buy. I don't think amazon ever restocked it either.

Could be some strange ass distribution anomaly or something. Most likely case, really.

(Watch everyone will have it tomorrow, since I ordered one and I said I couldn't find the damn thing on here.)

Charleston, wv.
It's kinda funny, I drive past 3 Wal-Marts a target, a best buy and 4 gamestops almost every day. Their stock was all dry on captain toad earlier this week. Their wiiu sections in general suck, target is by far the best. Not a big deal since I can just order one from best buy. I don't think amazon ever restocked it either.

Could be some strange ass distribution anomaly or something. Most likely case, really.

(Watch everyone will have it tomorrow, since I ordered one and I said I couldn't find the damn thing on here.)
When I bought Captain Toad I got the last one at the closest BB. They just restocked it some time this week but that's probably more to do with the employees there being crappy.

Anyone that has the physical MP trilogy buying the digital version?

I'm thinking about it just to have it readily available.

Maybe it is just me, but I think more people who have the physical version would buy the digital for $10 than would not. Even if you don't plan to sell the physical, $10 is a pretty low cost hedge against the future option to do so.

I have it, but I think I will not buy digital as I really hate Nintendo's practice on it at the moment. So far I have the Mario Galaxy2, Punch out and MP Trilogy on disc and have not really been swayed to buying any of them digital.

For $10 there's no question, keep my (out of print, rare-ish, mint) disc copy in good condition. Also, for convenience. Also, to support the series. "Look! Hey! We like Metroid!'

For $10 there's no question, keep my (out of print, rare-ish, mint) disc copy in good condition. Also, for convenience. Also, to support the series. "Look! Hey! We like Metroid!'
Just remember not to buy Other M when they rerelease it.

Just opened my brand new Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo Select today from BB and the game manual was missing, and the coins code was already used! Does Mario Galaxy usually ship with a manual? I'd think it was a rewrap job, were the wrapping job not the same as the other Wii games I have from Amazon and other places. Do people have access to rewrap machines just as good as the factories now? Still, it seems strange that they would open it just to steal the manual and code (but not code card) and leave the disc, and BB would have been none the wiser.

I have the discs for all of the Wii games so far, skipped SMG2 (couldn't see myself needing it digitally), but will probably get Punch Out (good for quick games occasionally) and definitely will get MP Trilogy because I never actually opened the game! (I had the steelbook and the collector in me just couldn't do it) so I'm looking forward to that.

Does the WiiU NES Remix disc have the complete NES Remix 1 & 2 in it? I'm thinking I'll wait to pick that up instead of getting the downloads, although I'm also thinking the downloads would be more convenient...

(I bought the 3ds cart version but I don't think it's ALL from 1 & 2, just a 'selected' assortment)

I have the discs for all of the Wii games so far, skipped SMG2 (couldn't see myself needing it digitally), but will probably get Punch Out (good for quick games occasionally) and definitely will get MP Trilogy because I never actually opened the game! (I had the steelbook and the collector in me just couldn't do it) so I'm looking forward to that.

Does the WiiU NES Remix disc have the complete NES Remix 1 & 2 in it? I'm thinking I'll wait to pick that up instead of getting the downloads, although I'm also thinking the downloads would be more convenient...

(I bought the 3ds cart version but I don't think it's ALL from 1 & 2, just a 'selected' assortment)
Yeah, the Wii U pack has everything. I decided to still go with the downloads because it seems it'd be more convenient as a download, and I'm too impatient to wait on a sale on the pack.

Just opened my brand new Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo Select today from BB and the game manual was missing, and the coins code was already used! Does Mario Galaxy usually ship with a manual? I'd think it was a rewrap job, were the wrapping job not the same as the other Wii games I have from Amazon and other places. Do people have access to rewrap machines just as good as the factories now? Still, it seems strange that they would open it just to steal the manual and code (but not code card) and leave the disc, and BB would have been none the wiser.
The store probably resealed it. Either it was a return or some asshat opened it for the code, and they still sold it because the disc was fine. We have a machine for this at TRU, BB probably does too.

Yeah, the Wii U pack has everything. I decided to still go with the downloads because it seems it'd be more convenient as a download, and I'm too impatient to wait on a sale on the pack.
I about to ask the same question. Already owned nes remix pack under $22 each for both wii u and 3ds version. Now waiting for metroid prime triology :)

I know this thread might be biased but do you think the extra content of guacamelee super championship is worth it for wii u for $6 compared to the $2.70 the vanilla version is on ps3 this weekend?

I know this thread might be biased but do you think the extra content of guacamelee super championship is worth it for wii u for $6 compared to the $2.70 the vanilla version is on ps3 this weekend?
I don't think much different! They may add extra characters skin, extra 1 or 2 hours gameplay. I will pick up ps4 version later today. Check ps4 version and ps3 version you will see the difference.

What is Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition?

Guacamelee! STCE is an extended and BEST version of Guacamelee! to date (for PS4, XB1, X360, WiiU), based off of our original game Guacamelee! for PS3 and PSVita.

What is new in Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition versus the original Guacamlee!?

• Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
  • New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowersto save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
  • New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
  • New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSOcombat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
  • New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
  • Support for multiple save slots
  • Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
I would personally rather have the new additions than not.

To put some of that Guacamelee stuff in layman's terms, the costumes can now be unlocked globally across all save files and replays without having to spend the same money that buys your upgrades. I am pretty sure most combat encounters have received subtle fiddly tweaks of enemy loadouts. There's one new chapter/zone whatever with a new boss. Intenso is just a trigger mode where you go bananas on the enemies and is entirely unnecessary but decent fun.

In my opinion, Guacamelee is worth whatever they are asking (So long as it is below MSRP of course. Only a dolt would pay MSRP.). It is a fine, fine game. As for which version is superior, STCE has more stuff but I don't know if it is better enough to make the sale.

Really want to grab Punch Out and Nes Remix 2 but also really want to grab the REmake on X1. Would likely play RE first but its not on sale and I'm not sure when or If we would get a sale on the Wii U games again.

The obvious choice is buying all of them but I'm trying to be more selective of what I buy and spend less on gaming in general

Well get the sale ones then. REmake will certainly be on sale sooner than later.
I guess this is the Really obvious solution... and it is what I will likely do. The problem is I really wanna play through RE now, but I should exercise some self control. It also helps that everyone seems to agree that REmake will be on sale soon enough

and then the plan got fuck ed up when I saw the Guild Wars thread. Self control is a good concept and all I guess

I bought a cheap wii remote on Amazon with the nunchuck for $15, it's a knock off obviously and not terrible, but it doesn't come anywhere near what a normal wii mote should handle like. Guess I'll just bite the bullet and get a Nintendo branded one. Maybe the Mario one.

I bought a cheap wii remote on Amazon with the nunchuck for $15, it's a knock off obviously and not terrible, but it doesn't come anywhere near what a normal wii mote should handle like. Guess I'll just bite the bullet and get a Nintendo branded one. Maybe the Mario one.
I've never purchased one, but I think Wiimotes and Nunchuks are really cheap refurbed through Nintendo

I've never purchased one, but I think Wiimotes and Nunchuks are really cheap refurbed through Nintendo
Yeah they're $25. Much better deal than the wii remote I got. I was taking something back to GS and they had a used one that looked brand new for $25. I should wait but I wanna play punch out and SMG2 tonight lol

I guess this is the Really obvious solution... and it is what I will likely do. The problem is I really wanna play through RE now, but I should exercise some self control. It also helps that everyone seems to agree that REmake will be on sale soon enough

and then the plan got fuck ed up when I saw the Guild Wars thread. Self control is a good concept and all I guess
If it was much cheaper I'd just recommend the Wii version but it's about the same price as RE-REmake. Having played the original to death I'm probably not going to go for HD until it's way cheaper. One new costume per character and the very minor graphical changes just aren't worth it to me. The new control option is against the spirit of the game in my opinion, and I still don't like the lazy widescreen, though I hear that its better than expected.

If you never did play REmake though $20 is certainly a fine price to buy it at, the minor additions are a nice bonus too. As far as sales. the other digital only HD REs, 4 and Code Veronica X on PS360, took FOREVER to go on sale. At least a year plus as far as I recall.

Only real nitpick complaint I have is the lazy import RE5 costumes. Jill is fine as she has the same design, but I wish they would have put Chris' outfit onto the REmake body model. Big McLargehuge just looks out of place to me in REmake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back