Wii U for $290 with free shipping

[quote name='Hemi']no love for zombi U? the ppl who reviewed it were idiots, its AMAZING it can justify getting wii U along with NSMBU and the others, dont wait till next year hoping for a drop, you get your moneys worth in entertainment.[/QUOTE]

images

I guess I'll be the only one to thank the OP. $10 off and no tax for me = semi deal. I might be in for one.

Edit: damn, went through checkout and there is tax. Oh well.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Not a deal in my opinion. Anyone who buys the console would be stupid to get the white one since the Black is a much better deal and with nothing worth getting other than NSMBU.[/QUOTE]
Um your wrong sorry to say. The black wii u is not the better deal. It comes with a crappy game that will be $5 within months and 24gb more space? Thats not a deal. The black wii u is designed to sound better on paper when its not because regardless of which system you get you will need to put in a external memory card because 8gb and 32gb are not enough.

Smart thing to do is to get the white one and buy a 500gb external harddrive with the $50 you saved. Meaning youd have a wii u with 508GB of space for the price you payed for a wii u and a measly 32gb.

Also wanna point out i dont want a wii u but i know all about it. Im just pointing out the obvious smart thing to do.

Nintendo is just taking advantage of how people think nowadays, because when the 360 launched the extra $100 was actually worth it because you needed the harddrive for so many things and it was the only Harddrive option you had then for the 360. The wii U launched with exteranl harddrives fully supported meaning you dont need the 32gb version when u can just get way more extra space for much cheaper elseware.

As for the deal in the OP i cant really say much because ive never shopped at that website.

I got a basic white console for $299.99 and I also got Assisans Creed 3 and the Enegizer Cradle Charger at Toy's R' US for $54.99 during the video game promotion. I'd rather have Creed over Nintendo Land any day and my Energizer over the cheap bits of plastic included with the deluxe model. I can always by a el-cheapo SDHC card later on.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Plus I here the Gamepads battery life is horrible so a charger would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Not really a charger its just stand that the control pads plug connects to, so its not that great.

[quote name='Xenokai']Um your wrong sorry to say. The black wii u is not the better deal. It comes with a crappy game that will be $5 within months and 24gb more space? Thats not a deal. The black wii u is designed to sound better on paper when its not because regardless of which system you get you will need to put in a external memory card because 8gb and 32gb are not enough.

Smart thing to do is to get the white one and buy a 500gb external harddrive with the $50 you saved. Meaning youd have a wii u with 508GB of space for the price you payed for a wii u and a measly 32gb.

Also wanna point out i dont want a wii u but i know all about it. Im just pointing out the obvious smart thing to do.

Nintendo is just taking advantage of how people think nowadays, because when the 360 launched the extra $100 was actually worth it because you needed the harddrive for so many things and it was the only Harddrive option you had then for the 360. The wii U launched with exteranl harddrives fully supported meaning you dont need the 32gb version when u can just get way more extra space for much cheaper elseware.

As for the deal in the OP i cant really say much because ive never shopped at that website.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo Land won't drop. 1st party Nintendo games do not drop in price until they become greatest hits. Very rarely will you see sales on them. So no it will not be $5 in a few months.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I guess I should change that to uninformed. The Black console for $50 more is the one to get since it has more than double that in extras. But I'd still pass on the system until at least next Thanksgiving and by then we may have news on a new Xbox or Playstation console.

Black Console Extras

32 GB internal memory vs 8GB
Nintendo Land ($60 game) great kids game
GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand
Digital Deluxe Program[/QUOTE]

Right, but if someone isn't interested in Nintendo Land, that $50 (in this case $60) saved is enough to buy a 1tb external drive. I bought the Deluxe because I would have bought Nintendo Land ($60) and the docking station ($20) anyway, so it was only logical. But Nintendo Land isn't something that will appeal to everyone and the docking station, while nice, is over priced and unnecessary. And, well, if you have a 1tb drive, the 8gb vs 32gb is kind of a moot point.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I guess I'll be the only one to thank the OP. $10 off and no tax for me = semi deal. I might be in for one.

Edit: damn, went through checkout and there is tax. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :lol: Now, did you complete the purchase or was the tax reason enough to cancel the order?

There be arguing afoot in this here thread. I am excited that I can use my formatted 120gb xbox 360 hard drive (30$ (or less) during half off promo at gamestop) with transfer cable (generic $4.99). I enjoy using an xbox 360 harddrive on my current softmodded wii and I look forward to using it on a wiiu when the wiiu hits 100$.

I love this website. Its so informative. But then you have all you pricks that feel the need to nag, b***h, and s**t all over this gift to mankind. Seriously this community blows as far as personality goes. Grow up, stop nagging, and stop trying to see who can piss the farthest. This is an informing game website. If you want drama go to facebook

[quote name='finsfan0210']Nintendo Land won't drop. 1st party Nintendo games do not drop in price until they become greatest hits. Very rarely will you see sales on them. So no it will not be $5 in a few months.[/QUOTE]Any game packaged with a console drops to dirt cheap its been like that since the dawn of video games.

Back to first page... I'm not calling people stupid for getting the white console, but it's clearly a better deal to get the "deluxe". I would only recommend the white version for people who REALLY WANT ONE and can't find the deluxe anywhere.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Really, you want to get those games for the Wii U? I'll stick with my :ps3: &:360: for major console releases.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as the NG rehash is only on Wii U right now and I'm a HUGE ng fan, yes...yes I do.

As for BlOps and AC3 I have them on 360.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Well I bet alot of people who bought them regret it later after the run out of room or find out they can't play Halo 4 on it.[/QUOTE]

If anyone bought a Wii U to play Halo 4 on it, they must be as ignorant as you.

[quote name='BetaDemo']You're welcome. :lol: Now, did you complete the purchase or was the tax reason enough to cancel the order?[/QUOTE]

I backed out. :lol:
I really only want to play 1 game (rehashed Ninja Gaiden 3). Already beat MNM on the 360 version and want to see what's the difference between the "beta" version and this rehash, and see if it's any better than NG1 and 2. Oh and play as Kasumi for the very first time in a NG game. There's also another games I want to play (Bayonetta 2) but that won't be out for few months, so I can wait for the console to be a bit cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SolidSnake86']If anyone bought a Wii U to play Halo 4 on it, they must be as ignorant as you.[/QUOTE]

Read before you post. I was taking about the 4GB Xbox 360's.

[quote name='Xenokai']Any game packaged with a console drops to dirt cheap its been like that since the dawn of video games.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll beg to differ on that. That is not true. Maybe half the time at most.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Well I'll beg to differ on that. That is not true. Maybe half the time at most.[/QUOTE]

The Wii with Wii Sports was $250 for what...3 years? Not really following the other guy's logic.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I hope you don't plan on trying out any demos. I think the FIFA one is 11GB.[/QUOTE]

The Fifa 2013 demo is only 1GB. Please don't post false information this far off without checking first. I just downloaded the demo myself.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Not a deal in my opinion. Anyone who buys the console would be stupid to get the white one since the Black is a much better deal and with nothing worth getting other than NSMBU.[/QUOTE]

This..

[quote name='cancerman1120']How is 10% off a new console not a deal exactly?[/QUOTE]

...and this.

The white basic unit really is a ripoff. Not sure what Nintendo was going for with that setup. Should have been $249 at most. I came to this thread thinking it was for the deluxe.

[quote name='Batmandc']I love this website. Its so informative. But then you have all you pricks that feel the need to nag, b***h, and s**t all over this gift to mankind. Seriously this community blows as far as personality goes. Grow up, stop nagging, and stop trying to see who can piss the farthest. This is an informing game website. If you want drama go to facebook[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the internet.

[quote name='Batmandc']I love this website. Its so informative. But then you have all you pricks that feel the need to nag, b***h, and s**t all over this gift to mankind. Seriously this community blows as far as personality goes. Grow up, stop nagging, and stop trying to see who can piss the farthest. This is an informing game website. If you want drama go to facebook[/QUOTE]

Its a web forum dedicated to games. It naturally attracts young kids and teenagers. Especially nintendo wiiu threads. :lol:

for those of you who bought the deluxe and for those of you who bought the basic, did u by it for someone else or for your own entertainment purpose? if u buy it as a gift for someone " beggar can't be chooser " if u buy it for yourself , why do u care which ver others buy? the deluxe one maybe a better deal for someone but might not be for someone else? calling someone who bought a basic one stupid is the same as calling someone who bought a deluxe ver stupid but from different person. after all " one man's garbage is another man's treasure " that saying always gonna be true , i'm just sayin...

[quote name='plus1zero']The Wii with Wii Sports was $250 for what...3 years? Not really following the other guy's logic.[/QUOTE]
Through no fault of the other guy.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Well I'll beg to differ on that. That is not true. Maybe half the time at most.[/QUOTE]
Which console packed in game didnt goto super dirt cheap soon after? Ive never seen a console packed in game keep value. Wii sports used was $5-10 all over the the place within 5 months. Any game ive ever seen as a packed in game with consoles has followed this going all the way back to the nes even. Packed in games are the most common titles so they drop price pretty fast. Early today when i posted my statement i checked ebay and seen a buy it now nintendo land sealed for $35 shipped. Systems not even a month old.

[quote name='Xenokai']Which console packed in game didnt goto super dirt cheap soon after? Ive never seen a console packed in game keep value. Wii sports used was $5-10 all over the the place within 5 months. Any game ive ever seen as a packed in game with consoles has followed this going all the way back to the nes even. Packed in games are the most common titles so they drop price pretty fast. Early today when i posted my statement i checked ebay and seen a buy it now nintendo land sealed for $35 shipped. Systems not even a month old.[/QUOTE]

Wii sports held its value really well. I remember being shocked at the tiv at gmestop even 2 years after release. I don't know what you're talking about.

I think it was because Nintendo never sold it separately so if you cracked your disc, you were screwed. Used copies were going for $35 (on a pack in game with no case!) a year after release.

[quote name='Josh1billion']3% off retail and free shipping?

in for 10[/QUOTE]

I'm not jumping for joy over this deal but it is under MSRP.

[quote name='BetaDemo']I'm not jumping for joy over this deal but it is under MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Which is damn good for consoles, which almost never happen especially on new releases.

Anyone else see the irony in the fact that the guy that doesn't see the value in buying a WiiU at launch is the same guy that bought a PS Vita.......TWICE???

;-)

PS: I just downloaded the Rayman Legends demo on WiiU. It was 348 GB.....and it didn't come in a case......and Reggie was the man on the grassy knoll.

bread's done
Back