Wii U - General Discussion Thread

Do I believe what? Do I honestly believe that sales will be bad? I don't have an opinion on this because I have no idea what sales will be like. Do I honestly believe that they'll discontinue the product if sales are poor? Yes, they've said as much.
Do you honestly believe that the Wii U will be discontinued, marked down to $150 and shuffled off in the next few months when games like SSB, Mario Kart and X are coming out next year?

Or, to put it more succintly:

http://youtu.be/Kk36AY6rDO4?t=24s

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you honestly believe that the Wii U will be discontinued, marked down to $150 and shuffled off in the next few months when games like SSB, Mario Kart and X are coming out next year?

Or, to put it more succintly:

http://youtu.be/Kk36AY6rDO4?t=24s
Yes, they've said as much. There's no reason they have to put those games out on that console. For all you know they could plan to port to Xbox/PS3 if the console is discontinued. OR they might be launching another console and plan on having a strong launch lineup. We don't know what the plan with the games is, all we know is what they said about the future if the sales are poor.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/30/iwata-is-naturally-unhappy-with-q2-2014-results-but-claims-major-overhaul-isnt-necessary/

President Satoru Iwata said that the success of Nintendo’s newest console and the future direction of the firm were riding on the performance of a slate of new games during the upcoming holiday sales season. Once those results were in, Nintendo executives would review them to decide “what the company needs to do, over the long-term, about its platform,” Mr. Iwata said.

Lol, I didn't read any quote about how it will be discontinued, only that they will make a decision on what to do...which could be just about anything.

Its the same ol song and dance, how much do you care about Nintendo 1st party is all you need to answer your question.
Yup. I'm buying the new bundle at some point before Christmas. Probably this week if I see it in stores. I love Nintendo first party IP and I always feel a Nintendo system is worth owning with 5+ AAA games available. Right now on my list are NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Zelda HD (despite it being a remake) and SMB3DW is coming in a couple of weeks. That's 4.

I could count NSLU plus there are other games in development that are definitely coming so I'm comfortable buying the console now. Sometimes I get surprised with how awesome the console is (Gamecube) or really disappointed (Wii) but the core Nintendo games always make it seem like money well spent.

Blaster is reading what he wants to read. Doesn't say "of sales are bad we will cancel the wii u"
What exactly do you think they mean then?

You know what I think it means. If sales are really bad then they'll discontinue the platform. Hell, they're already so bad in Europe that they've got negative quarterly sales (20,000 more consoles returned to Nintendo than shipped to stores in the last 3 months). I don't think that's ever happened to a game platform before.

What exactly do you think they mean then?
It means that if sales aren't good they will think about the future direction of the console. Like they are doing all day every day whether or not they ever released this statement just like every company in the history of the world does with respect to their products. That's why "corporate-speak" never really says anything about anything.

It means that if sales aren't good they will think about the future direction of the console. Like they are doing all day every day whether or not they ever released this statement just like every company in the history of the world does with respect to their products. That's why "corporate-speak" never really says anything about anything.
If you re-read it, they're not doing what they do every day. They're literally using the coming holiday season's sales to determine "what we need to do about the future of our platform". No matter how you want to read that, it's really bad news for people buying prior to the decision if the sales turn out bad. If they don't discontinue the platform then some other drastic move will happen such as another big price cut or a SKU without a Gamepad. If the former happens then a lot of people will be mad (just like they were about the measly $50 cut) if the latter happens then people with a Gamepad will probably find limited functionality with games going forward. My opinion is that they'll discontinue it but there are definitely alternatives.

Anyway . . .

Anyone else playing Batman: AO on the Wii U? It's pretty fun so far, but I expected the gamepad to be more useful in-game. Gadget-swapping is still mapped to the d-pad. I never played the AC: Armored Edition, but I thought I read they mapped that to the touchscreen? Anyway, it seems like some of the touchpad's potential uses are limited in order to accomodate off-screen play, if that makes sense.

Scanning in detective mode is pretty neat though and is exactly what I look forward to in the next Metroid.

Since when has Nintendo had great third party support? SNES?
Who said anything about great? But if one would want to examine that perspective (just on the Wii) you'd find all of EAs sports titles, racing games, Rayman, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Madworld, No More Heroes, Goldeneye, etc.

Support isn't what it used to be but it's hardly the barren wasteland people make it out to be. Problem is what third party support they do have left seems to be hanging on by a thread. They can't afford to lose more support.

I dunno if the public will really latch on to it or see it as "just another Mario title" but pretty much every single podcast I listen to has Mario 3D World pegged as a GOTY contender and are WAY more excited about it than anything the Xbox One or PS4 has at launch so hopefully that along with some awesome bundles will really drive some sales.

Yeah, Blasterman, I have to say you are reaching there.

First of all, is that a translation of an original Japanese quote? There could be some subtlety there that we are missing. Maybe if an American company said that (as a direct quote) it might have some hidden corporate-speak meaning. But I think with the different language, culture, and the fact that this is stubborn old Nintendo, that is the last interpretation I would have.

It could mean any number of things will be considered:

1) A further price cut
2) Different bundles (other/more games or as Sp00ge suggested different colors)
3) Moving up some big game release dates (which I hope not - don't want Smash or even Kart rushed out)
4) Or simply adjusting expectations that the console will limp along without ever making a ton of money (but still being profitable in the long run).

The last things I would think would happen are discontinuing the system or even producing a Gamepad-less version. As others have said, maybe it means they get to work on the next system just a little earlier and have it ready 5 years after the Wii U launched instead of 6 or 7.

I dunno if the public will really latch on to it or see it as "just another Mario title" but pretty much every single podcast I listen to has Mario 3D World pegged as a GOTY contender and are WAY more excited about it than anything the Xbox One or PS4 has at launch so hopefully that along with some awesome bundles will really drive some sales.
Yeah! It's like 3D without the glasses!:D

Is there a setting I'm missing that's causing the Youtube to just go dark if I don't touch the GamePad screen every few minutes? I don't see it in the app itself, but I don't recall the Netflix app having any sort of screensaver thing that popped up while watching my shows on there. It's really annoying on the YT app since it doesn't do that on the PS3 when a video is playing.

Its a neat little console but no internet and the fact the wii u needs money put towards buying it's software seems kind of like a waste of time to put it out. Even the author questions who is going to buy it a game collector or the person who just wants to play games on the cheap. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/11/04/wii-mini-coming-to-the-us-for-99/

I would get one for 50 bucks but it would just be a collectors item at the end of the day. I do like the red and black color scheme, I would get a wii u in that color. If the wind waker console had been gold and black like the xl I would have gotten it if there was a way to transfer software over to it. 

I think the Wii U has much better holiday releases this year than the PS4 and XB1.  Granted the Wii U has been out for a year so it should have a better lineup, but I'd rather have a Wii U than a PS4 or XB1 this holiday.  Won't be picking up either next gen console until next spring/summer at the earliest, most likely will wait until this time next year for a few games I'm actually interested in to be released. 

So has anyone seen the new Mario/Luigi bundle out in the wild?  The press release said November 1 but I haven't seen it yet.

Best Buy didn't even have out the M & L Wii remotes yet until I asked them... and then he just brought out 2 for me, but told me they have alot more in the back (because I told him that was odd). I wonder if they're going to have a big ad push for the NSMB Wii U bundle and wii-motes and so they're not putting stock out.

Who said anything about great? But if one would want to examine that perspective (just on the Wii) you'd find all of EAs sports titles, racing games, Rayman, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Madworld, No More Heroes, Goldeneye, etc.

Support isn't what it used to be but it's hardly the barren wasteland people make it out to be. Problem is what third party support they do have left seems to be hanging on by a thread. They can't afford to lose more support.
Apart from Rayman Origins/EA Sports (which are on every system imaginable) and Goldeneye (2010), every game you listed is 2009 or prior. From summer/fall of 09 to the beginning of 11 there was jack shit for third party Wii games, both on physical media and Wii Ware. There have been a few bright spots since then but for the most part Nintendo home consoles are first party machines now. Hopefully things will turn around this holiday season with SMB3DW and all of the bundles being pushed but who knows.

I've only encountered one pair of the Mario & Luigi Wiimotes at a Kmart. Haven't seen any bundles other than the launch Deluxe and the Wind Waker one.

Also, apparently you can visit select Pottery Barn Teen locations and play SM3DW from now until the end of the month...really not understanding why Nintendo chose to partner with the "teen" version of a chain gift shop not aimed at gamers whatsoever, but yeah, here you go: http://www.pbteen.com/pages/wiiu/

If you re-read it, they're not doing what they do every day. They're literally using the coming holiday season's sales to determine "what we need to do about the future of our platform". No matter how you want to read that, it's really bad news for people buying prior to the decision if the sales turn out bad. If they don't discontinue the platform then some other drastic move will happen such as another big price cut or a SKU without a Gamepad. If the former happens then a lot of people will be mad (just like they were about the measly $50 cut) if the latter happens then people with a Gamepad will probably find limited functionality with games going forward. My opinion is that they'll discontinue it but there are definitely alternatives.
Your analysis is lacking.

For starters, Nintendo isn't about to discontinue the Wii U, that would mean discarding all the research and development that went into the console initially, as well as all the marketing they've put out up to this point.

Abandoning the gamepad is also not an option. It is not a peripheral for the Wii U, it's actually part of the system. Stripping it out of the system would require that they abandon every game made for the system up till now, as well as a complete overhaul of the firmware.

Your appraisal of a price cut also makes no sense. No one is ever mad about price cuts, and certainly not for long. Those consumers who just bought the system before an announced price cut have the option of returning it to the store for a refund. A price cut would be bad for Nintendo's bottom line, but would be great for consumers and for the Wii U's install base. (example, the 3DS)

The quote you keep referencing is likely pointing to Nintendo's marketing plan for 2014, not any decisions on hardware. One of the Wii U's biggest problems right now is marketing and public perception. Seeing how consumers react to the Wii U's holiday selection will help give them an idea as to how to market the system in 2014.

Its a neat little console but no internet and the fact the wii u needs money put towards buying it's software seems kind of like a waste of time to put it out. Even the author questions who is going to buy it a game collector or the person who just wants to play games on the cheap.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/11/04/wii-mini-coming-to-the-us-for-99/

I would get one for 50 bucks but it would just be a collectors item at the end of the day. I do like the red and black color scheme, I would get a wii u in that color. If the wind waker console had been gold and black like the xl I would have gotten it if there was a way to transfer software over to it.
The biggest problem with the Wii Mini, even beyond the lack of online and lack of SD card slot, is the lack of s-video or component connections (never mind HDMI, this is Nintendo after all). Limiting this to just composite video is really idiotic, you're limited to the worst possible connection available. They really did strip EVERYTHING out of the Wii, which was itself an already stripped down console; not much left to make the system even remotely worthwhile.

The biggest problem with the Wii Mini, even beyond the lack of online and lack of SD card slot, is the lack of s-video or component connections (never mind HDMI, this is Nintendo after all). Limiting this to just composite video is really idiotic, you're limited to the worst possible connection available. They really did strip EVERYTHING out of the Wii, which was itself an already stripped down console; not much left to make the system even remotely worthwhile.
If they kept in the component capabilities, I would of considered buying it. Internet isn't such a big deal (though they passed up on a wonderful opportunity to make it an even cheaper Netflix box without it), and the SD card isn't really necessary for similar reasons.

Yeeeesh. No component? Really? I would have considered picking one of these up just to complete my collection. And I still might. But I'll be taking my time if it doesn't support component. I got a component cable for my Wii the day that I bought it. Dropping back down to composite isn't something I ever want to consider. Even if I get the Wii Mini I may never actually use it.

Your analysis is lacking.

For starters, Nintendo isn't about to discontinue the Wii U, that would mean discarding all the research and development that went into the console initially, as well as all the marketing they've put out up to this point.

Abandoning the gamepad is also not an option. It is not a peripheral for the Wii U, it's actually part of the system. Stripping it out of the system would require that they abandon every game made for the system up till now, as well as a complete overhaul of the firmware.

Your appraisal of a price cut also makes no sense. No one is ever mad about price cuts, and certainly not for long. Those consumers who just bought the system before an announced price cut have the option of returning it to the store for a refund. A price cut would be bad for Nintendo's bottom line, but would be great for consumers and for the Wii U's install base. (example, the 3DS)

The quote you keep referencing is likely pointing to Nintendo's marketing plan for 2014, not any decisions on hardware. One of the Wii U's biggest problems right now is marketing and public perception. Seeing how consumers react to the Wii U's holiday selection will help give them an idea as to how to market the system in 2014.
You say my analysis is lacking after your previous "expert analysis" said that Disney was a larger company than Apple? Now your "expert analysis" is that they're going to ADVERTISE more? That's what they mean by what they should do about their platform? Okay man, if the platform does poorly this holiday, we shall see. I'm extremely confident it's going to be one of the items I listed. If sales are below 1 million during the holiday season, I'm extremely confident that they'll discontinue the Wii U by next summer. If sales are above 1 million then most likely we'll be seeing either a gamepad-less SKU or a massive price cut. Most likely it would be a substantial cut in the price but the optional and cheaper SKU is certainly possible.

As for the "no one is mad about a price cut, at least for long" is simply inaccurate. I've seen SOOOO many people on the Internet (not just this site) bitching like crazy about the price cut and demanding free games like the 3DS got. Most of these people then go on to say things like, "I'll never buy a Nintendo console at launch again!". Of course anyone with common sense already knows that buying at launch ensures you pay the highest possible price that it will ever be.

If any of us were experts, we wouldn't be here arguing about it. We are all amateurs who actually have no idea of what Nintendo's intentions are. Patterns of behavior do not necessitate a particular outcome, so we won't know until we know.

If any of us were experts, we wouldn't be here arguing about it. We are all amateurs who actually have no idea of what Nintendo's intentions are. Patterns of behavior do not necessitate a particular outcome, so we won't know until we know.
Like I said, we shall see but I reserve the right to say I told you so. One things for sure, I wouldn't buy Nintendo stock.

You say my analysis is lacking after your previous "expert analysis" said that Disney was a larger company than Apple?
Apple is a single manufacturer of computer hardware and OS software. They are also known for producing phones and tablets in recent years. Their marketshare in terms of Operating System install base has never managed to equal that of their competitors. While a sizable company, they are not all that large, nor do they own numerous smaller companies.

Disney is at present the largest entertainment conglomerate in the world (in terms of revenue). They own numerous smaller companies in multiple industries, including Marvel comics and LucasFilm. Disney is a MUCH larger company than Apple. The last time I checked, Apple didn't own and operate multiple amusement parks.

As for the "no one is mad about a price cut, at least for long" is simply inaccurate. I've seen SOOOO many people on the Internet (not just this site) bitching like crazy about the price cut and demanding free games like the 3DS got. Most of these people then go on to say things like, "I'll never buy a Nintendo console at launch again!".
And you consider internet message board comments to be an accurate gauge for forming corporate strategy? It's a good thing you weren't running things at Nintendo when the DS or Wii were being designed. Using reactionary internet posts as a guide is a terrible idea. Using them as a measure is far more reasonable.

Now your "expert analysis" is that they're going to ADVERTISE more?
Actually, I stated that the results of the holiday season would determine their marketing. It's entirely possible that what happens will lead them to advertise less.

Apple is a single manufacturer of computer hardware and OS software. They are also known for producing phones and tablets in recent years. Their marketshare in terms of Operating System install base has never managed to equal that of their competitors. While a sizable company, they are not all that large, nor do they own numerous smaller companies.

Disney is at present the largest entertainment conglomerate in the world (in terms of revenue). They own numerous smaller companies in multiple industries, including Marvel comics and LucasFilm. Disney is a MUCH larger company than Apple. The last time I checked, Apple didn't own and operate multiple amusement parks.
That is not at all relevant to Apple's ability to purchase a company. Apple could literally buy Disney...without borrowing a dime.

I suggest you open a trading account and try your hand at investing. You'll learn a lot and maybe make some money. The size of a company isn't defined by how many low wage employees it has, it's defined by market cap.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-market-cap.htm

chimpmeister said:
Wow, I knew about the lack of Internet (understandable given the cheap price and market niche for this) as well as lack of Gamecube compatibility (same reasons plus it has been dropped from the regular Wii anyway). But I had no idea about the SD card and composite-only connection. The former is mildly annoying since some games eat up space on the Wii system memory pretty quickly, though I can see dropping that on this non-connected model. However, no SD card and no Wifi means you can never transfer or even backup your saves - this is a step back from even PS2/GC where memory cards were copyable/portable. But the choice of composite-only output is atrocious and assures I will never buy one of these unless it is sub-$25 new (and then maybe just as a paperweight-type collectible ;)).

It has been so long since I've used composite cables but isn't that type of input not even present on some newer TV's? Seems like it is on its way to obsolescence. I mean, WTF, Nintendo, why not just make it an RF connector!? (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nes/hook_rftotv_nes.jsp)

Wow, I knew about the lack of Internet (understandable given the cheap price and market niche for this) as well as lack of Gamecube compatibility (same reasons plus it has been dropped from the regular Wii anyway). But I had no idea about the SD card and composite-only connection. The former is mildly annoying since some games eat up space on the Wii system memory pretty quickly, though I can see dropping that on this non-connected model. But the choice of composite-only output is atrocious and assures I will never buy one of these unless it is sub-$25 new (and then maybe just as a paperweight-type collectible ;)).
I wouldn't buy any product with a composite only connection. I already don't like SD, that just makes it even worse.

The size of a company isn't defined by how many low wage employees it has, it's defined by market cap.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-market-cap.htm
The "size" of a company is not the same as the purchasing power of a company. It is an important distinction. Looking at a company purely through the lens of market value is a mistake.

I'm willing to concede that Apple may indeed have more purchasing power than Disney. But that doesn't make them a larger company, just blessed at the moment with a larger pocketbook. And it does nothing to address the rest of the concerns I brought up.

Why would Apple even want to purchase Nintendo? Apple already produces their own hardware, and sells it at a profit. They earn a considerable amount of money from software licensing on the iTunes store as well. Purchasing Nintendo for their software development makes no sense either. One of Nintendo's problems has always been competing with third party developers. Apple buying Nintendo would just have them inheriting the same issue.

Apple has no need of Nintendo. Disney, on the other hand, could use Nintendo as a means to branch out into another industry.

The "size" of a company is not the same as the purchasing power of a company. It is an important distinction. Looking at a company purely through the lens of market value is a mistake.

I'm willing to concede that Apple may indeed have more purchasing power than Disney. But that doesn't make them a larger company, just blessed at the moment with a larger pocketbook. And it does nothing to address the rest of the concerns I brought up.

Why would Apple even want to purchase Nintendo? Apple already produces their own hardware, and sells it at a profit. They earn a considerable amount of money from software licensing on the iTunes store as well. Purchasing Nintendo for their software development makes no sense either. One of Nintendo's problems has always been competing with third party developers. Apple buying Nintendo would just have them inheriting the same issue.

Apple has no need of Nintendo. Disney, on the other hand, could use Nintendo as a means to branch out into another industry.
You've taken this too far. When I started talking about this, I said I wanted them to buy Disney for my own selfish reasons as a stockholder of Apple. IMO it would add to Apple's value and be good for the customers because it would give them a leg up on Android and a reason to buy it instead of Samsung products. Apple could buy Nintendo many times over but that doesn't mean it will happen. I even conceded when I first discussed this that it's unlikely because Apple prefers to create their own software from scratch.

I'm fairly sure that Apple could sell boatloads of Mario for iOS products. Their userbase absolutely dwarf's Nintendo's.

I'm fairly sure that Apple could sell boatloads of Mario for iOS products. Their userbase absolutely dwarf's Nintendo's.
Yes, I have no doubt they could. But again, why would they? Apple doesn't make most of its software sales by developing and selling their own iOS software. They make their money by developing the iOS platform itself, and then taking a 30% cut of every piece of software that other companies develop for it. With that model, they could conceivably get Nintendo games on their platform without EVER purchasing the company outright. If your apocalyptic vision of Nintendo's future comes to pass, Apple could simply sit back and wait for Nintendo to port their software over of their own free will, and then take their 30% cut. No purchase necessary.

At this juncture, given Apple's business model, purchasing Nintendo would be nothing but a liability. They'd have plenty to lose, and very little to gain. The biggest asset they would acquire from the purchase would be Nintendo's various IP. And Apple isn't really situated to take advantage of that IP. They're best bet would be to license those IP out to other companies. (something that Apple really isn't in the business of doing)

It might give them a temporary bump in stock value, but I don't think it would last long. And it would effectively destroy Nintendo overnight.

Yes, I have no doubt they could. But again, why would they? Apple doesn't make most of its software sales by developing and selling their own iOS software. They make their money by developing the iOS platform itself, and then taking a 30% cut of every piece of software that other companies develop for it. With that model, they could conceivably get Nintendo games on their platform without EVER purchasing the company outright. If your apocalyptic vision of Nintendo's future comes to pass, Apple could simply sit back and wait for Nintendo to port their software over of their own free will, and then take their 30% cut. No purchase necessary.

At this juncture, given Apple's business model, purchasing Nintendo would be nothing but a liability. They'd have plenty to lose, and very little to gain. The biggest asset they would acquire from the purchase would be Nintendo's various IP. And Apple isn't really situated to take advantage of that IP. They're best bet would be to license those IP out to other companies. (something that Apple really isn't in the business of doing)

It might give them a temporary bump in stock value, but I don't think it would last long. And it would effectively destroy Nintendo overnight.
The reason as I stated earlier, would be to push Apple TV. Rumor is that they're going to have 55" and 65" 4k TV's in 2014 for between $1,500 and $2,500. These will definitely support iOS so all your content will work on it and they'll probably ship it with a controller meaning that Mario or some other type of game would work well. It's could seriously disrupt the gaming market even without Nintendo because outside of the core gamers, many people will likely think the games they have on the TV will be "good enough", particularly since Samsung is going to copy Apple as they typically do and they sell a lot of TV's.

The reason as I stated earlier, would be to push Apple TV. Rumor is that they're going to have 55" and 65" 4k TV's in 2014 for between $1,500 and $2,500. These will definitely support iOS so all your content will work on it and they'll probably ship it with a controller meaning that Mario or some other type of game would work well. It's could seriously disrupt the gaming market even without Nintendo because outside of the core gamers, many people will likely think the games they have on the TV will be "good enough", particularly since Samsung is going to copy Apple as they typically do and they sell a lot of TV's.
Thank you. That is a cogent argument that I am willing to accept. I'm still going to argue against it. But it is at least a scenario that makes sense.

What you are proposing is feasible. But I have my reservations. Apple has never shown much interest when it comes to active game development. Their few efforts in that direction have been half-hearted, and usually get abandoned. In the desktop space they've already conceded that particular competition to Valve. I find it unlikely that Apple would make a big push into gaming now.

At the same time, what you say about Apple TV does make sense. That would provide them with proper incentive for purchasing Nintendo. Having an upper-tier development house would give them a serious leg up for pushing a new gaming platform. And a fixed-spec box like the Apple TV could be integrated into Nintendo's current development pipeline. (while they would have considerably more trouble with multi-platform development)

We'll see when Apple announces the next version of Apple TV. If they make a bigger push for active game development on Apple TV, then we'll know to keep an eye out. The real indicator will be the controller. Apple would need some manner of control interface other than a mouse or a TV remote.

So has anyone seen the new Mario/Luigi bundle out in the wild? The press release said November 1 but I haven't seen it yet.
Javery - I saw them on Sunday in Best Buy while picking up a purple 3DS for the wife from their 2 day sale. There was no special end cap or marketing, they were just piled in among the remaining Wind Waker systems.

Also, breaking news, Blaster Man owns Apple stock.

Richard Kain: apple put controller support into the new ios. That's not the kind of thing they do without some plan. And don't kid yourself there WILL be a 4k Apple TV next year.

He also owned THQ stock.
Yeah, it's not like I'm hiding it. You know because I said it here before. It was a gamble. I'm up 68% on my investments this year and that's way better than anything you can find. FYI: I'm buying twitter. It's got massive growth ahead of it and I'm expecting hundreds of percent gains over the next few years. Just my opinion obviously. Next year Apple should announce what they're doing with some of their cash. I think Apple stock is a good investment at the current price if you're willing to hold it at least 8-9 months since they're buying back stock, probably going to find a way to give investors 75-100 billion, and new product categories are launching next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the shares get to 700-800 next year and possible well over $1,000 if they buy back 100+ billion in shares. Again, just my opinion so do your own due diligence.

Damn, is it Feb? I thought it was a Dec. release.
Target has it listed for 2/15/2014 release, though that is more than likely an educated guess, splitting it down the middle of the month. Newegg went for the safe bet and put 2/28/2014. Best Buy and Walmart still have the original 12/6/2013 date on their website (Walmart still has that date in their recent holiday ad as well), so other than "February" there is no official release date yet.

bread's done
Back