Wii U pre-order online for Best Buy Canada

[quote name='Rastafari']...and so it begins... The Wii U premium edition is officially sold out on best buy's website.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=e954ceb4dd9f656f3f14ad6bd9900e47en02

Futureshop has also limited the console from 3 per household to 1 per household.[/QUOTE]
Glad I ordered when I did. I'm not even sure if I WANT the thing yet. If not then I'll probably just sell it to somebody else for what I paid for. I won't try to sell it for $50+ or more.

[quote name='Shinn23']Glad I ordered when I did. I'm not even sure if I WANT the thing yet. If not then I'll probably just sell it to somebody else for what I paid for. I won't try to sell it for $50+ or more.[/QUOTE]

I'll give ya twenty five loonies for it.

[quote name='Rastafari']Hope everyone who cared to get one has a pre-order just in case they are hard to find over the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Since Nintendo is going with two SKUs, perhaps that cheaper option will still be available come the holidays.

[quote name='foxmcloud']hhahahahahaha
marketing.........
and you all fall for it[/QUOTE]

Yeah the "big guys" really got me; I'm giving MY money for GOODS

[quote name='foxmcloud']hhahahahahaha
marketing.........
and you all fall for it[/QUOTE]
You're an idiot. I just don't know what else to say that describes that sentence..

God forbid I pre-order something I might want/like.

I just got an e-coupon from Future Shop for 10% off WiiU games and accessories for pre-ordering. I assume Best Buy is sending out something similar?

So when do these things ship, anyone know? The 18th being a Sunday, would they ship out on the 19th, or would they be sent out sometime this week?

Also, has anyone had any experience mixing gift cards with their cc when ordering online via Future Shop? I placed my pre-order with my cc back in September and have since added a couple $60 gift cards to the order. It originally stated that each cards balance was $60, however when you look at the order online right now it has them both listed as $0. I'm assuming this means it's because they're being or have already been applied to the purchase (the cc amount says $0 as well since it hasn't been charged yet, obviously), but I'm just curious.

[quote name='adayinthelife']So when do these things ship, anyone know? The 18th being a Sunday, would they ship out on the 19th, or would they be sent out sometime this week?[/QUOTE]

Usually with FS and BB for Nintendo's Sunday releases, my CC/GC is charged the Friday before the Sunday release date and late Friday night I receive an e-mail indicating that the item has been shipped. I can then track the item with Canada Post via the provided tracking number. The tracking page usually shows the expected delivery date as the Monday after the release Sunday; however, despite this, once and a while my packages don't arrive until Tuesday.

A good example of this is Paper Mario... which I just received today. My Nintendo 3DS XL preorder, however arrived on the Monday immediately following the release Sunday. In both these cases my cards were charged the Friday prior to Sunday and I received the e-mail in both cases late Friday night. Also the tracking pages for both these items showed the expected delivery to be the Monday... I actually called Canada Post yesterday to ask why I didn't receive the package on the expected day and they told me that it went through one of their busier depots and that it is probably just delayed a day.. Sure enough, they must have been right because I got it today.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Also, has anyone had any experience mixing gift cards with their cc when ordering online via Future Shop? I placed my pre-order with my cc back in September and have since added a couple $60 gift cards to the order. It originally stated that each cards balance was $60, however when you look at the order online right now it has them both listed as $0. I'm assuming this means it's because they're being or have already been applied to the purchase (the cc amount says $0 as well since it hasn't been charged yet, obviously), but I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily have much experience mixing gift cards with credit cards but I have made purchases with gift cards on futureshop.ca in the past.

It treats the gift card just like a credit card. Where it says $0.00 beside the gift card on the order page it is indicating that the gift card has not been charged anything yet. When the item ships this will change and the gift card balance will go down.

If you check the gift card balance on the futureshop website you will see that it will still have the full amount. Hence you could go use the gift card at the store or for another order. Hell, you could even place another pre-order with the same gift card. Just keep in mind that if the funds are not available on the gift card at the time of shipping (when the cards are charged) your order will be cancelled.

I have never placed an order where I used both a credit card and a gift card... I am guessing the behavior is the exact same except whatever cannot be charged to the gift card will be charged to the credit card....

[quote name='geogolem']Usually with FS and BB for Nintendo's Sunday releases, my CC/GC is charged the Friday before the Sunday release date and late Friday night I receive an e-mail indicating that the item has been shipped. I can then track the item with Canada Post via the provided tracking number. The tracking page usually shows the expected delivery date as the Monday after the release Sunday; however, despite this, once and a while my packages don't arrive until Tuesday.

A good example of this is Paper Mario... which I just received today. My Nintendo 3DS XL preorder, however arrived on the Monday immediately following the release Sunday. In both these cases my cards were charged the Friday prior to Sunday and I received the e-mail in both cases late Friday night. Also the tracking pages for both these items showed the expected delivery to be the Monday... I actually called Canada Post yesterday to ask why I didn't receive the package on the expected day and they told me that it went through one of their busier depots and that it is probably just delayed a day.. Sure enough, they must have been right because I got it today.

I don't necessarily have much experience mixing gift cards with credit cards but I have made purchases with gift cards on futureshop.ca in the past.

It treats the gift card just like a credit card. Where it says $0.00 beside the gift card on the order page it is indicating that the gift card has not been charged anything yet. When the item ships this will change and the gift card balance will go down.

If you check the gift card balance on the futureshop website you will see that it will still have the full amount. Hence you could go use the gift card at the store or for another order. Hell, you could even place another pre-order with the same gift card. Just keep in mind that if the funds are not available on the gift card at the time of shipping (when the cards are charged) your order will be cancelled.

I have never placed an order where I used both a credit card and a gift card... I am guessing the behavior is the exact same except whatever cannot be charged to the gift card will be charged to the credit card....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the detailed response, I really appreciate that.

I did indeed get charged for everything today, and the gift cards came off the total first with the remaining balance being charged to my cc. Good to know for future online pre-orders for sure.

Also good to know about the shipping. I've got a really full plate between now and Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'm kinda hoping it arrives Tuesday rather than Monday, since I won't be around and my mail carrier is a bit of a dumbass.

I'm sure at least some people will be lined up for this thing on Sunday all over the city, I'll just never understand that when it took 10 seconds and $0 to place an online pre-order, but to each their own I suppose.

[quote name='adayinthelife']I'm sure at least some people will be lined up for this thing on Sunday all over the city, I'll just never understand that when it took 10 seconds and $0 to place an online pre-order, but to each their own I suppose.[/QUOTE]

You're a savvy gamer. A lot of people don't realize they want one of these until pre-orders are already closed.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']You're a savvy gamer. A lot of people don't realize they want one of these until pre-orders are already closed.[/QUOTE]

Like this guy. A Wii U is a definite buy for me, but i figured I'd wait until after Christmas when cash is a bit more accessible. I underestimated how much the reviews would make me regret this decision.

Although I'm NOT lining up for anything. Except Boxing Day at Best Buy.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']You're a savvy gamer. A lot of people don't realize they want one of these until pre-orders are already closed.[/QUOTE]

I guess perhaps, but really the pre-orders were available for a decent amount of time all things considered. And I would assume that a person wouldn't be spending $400 on an impulse purchase, you know? Then again trying to be rational about people can sometimes lead to migraines.

I know there's also some folks enjoy the whole experience of lining up and all that for whatever sick reason. I'll take my sleep + not getting dressed except to take the dog out on Sunday over lining up for pretty much anything!

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Like this guy. A Wii U is a definite buy for me, but i figured I'd wait until after Christmas when cash is a bit more accessible. I underestimated how much the reviews would make me regret this decision.

Although I'm NOT lining up for anything. Except Boxing Day at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Really I guess I'm thankful that people weren't lining up at the computers to pre-order these online since that allowed me to casually get mine in there, but in the future if I were you and I had an interest I'd just go ahead and pre-order it just in case. It doesn't cost you anything at all until right before they ship, by which time you'll hopefully have made up your mind for sure!

[quote name='adayinthelife']Really I guess I'm thankful that people weren't lining up at the computers to pre-order these online since that allowed me to casually get mine in there, but in the future if I were you and I had an interest I'd just go ahead and pre-order it just in case. It doesn't cost you anything at all until right before they ship, by which time you'll hopefully have made up your mind for sure![/QUOTE]

The problem is once I pre-order, I'm mentally committed to it. :/ I have a huge backlog as is, so it's not going to kill me to wait until January to pick one up. I told my folks that the Deluxe bundle would be a good family gift for us, so I wanted to hedge my bets anyways.

[quote name='diskdocx']My pre-order has shipped, as of last night. Was pre-ordered from Best Buy. Will likely arrive on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Yep, got my email late last evening from FS saying it shipped and is supposed to arrive on Monday, which means the mailman will be confused when I'm not here and I'll have to pick it up from the post office whenever he gets around to dropping it off there. I am at this point convinced that my mailman is in fact Newman.

bread's done
Back