Wii U Pro Controller $18.00 @ Walmart (YMMV)

Jerms510

CAG Veteran
I was browsing in the video games section when I came across the Wii U accessories. Then I saw the red sticker that indicated that the Wii U pro controller is on sale for $18.00. I couldn't believe my eyes! I've already bought the two units that the store offered so no more in the San Leandro, CA Hesperian Walmart.

Closest one to me still had them at MSRP. Had like 5 White ones, and atleast 10 Black ones. Hopefully if they do drop they wont go overnight

Well not as good as the OP, but my local store dropped the white controller to $37.50 (black is still 50)

This is more along the lines of what the clearance price should be and doubt it'll ever reach 18 (@ walmart anyway)m

Same, checked quite a few stores during my travels. Cheapest I saw were the White ones for 37.50.

Just got home, so i'll give my stores one last check tomorrow though

[quote name='rbarba4']Well not as good as the OP, but my local store dropped the white controller to $37.50 (black is still 50)

This is more along the lines of what the clearance price should be and doubt it'll ever reach 18 (@ walmart anyway)m[/QUOTE]

Same with the Puyallup Walmart.

Aww, they're not backwards compatible with the wii. I guess I have no reason to get one then :/

OP, I think some people would appreciate it if you put this info in your post.

[quote name='pkujulo']Aww, they're not backwards compatible with the wii. I guess I have no reason to get one then :/

OP, I think some people would appreciate it if you put this info in your post.[/QUOTE]

That's completely obvious... Why would a Wii U controller be compatible with a Wii?

That's like saying a PS3 controller isnt compatible with a PS2.

[quote name='Wazzup4567']That's completely obvious... Why would a Wii U controller be compatible with a Wii?

That's like saying a PS3 controller isnt compatible with a PS2.[/QUOTE]

I think he means with Wii games (like Super Smash Bros) on the Wii U. In this case, it's a somewhat valid point, because the PS3 controller is compatible with PS1 and PS2 games when it comes to backwards compatibility on the PS3.

The Walmart I went to had white controllers on clearance for $36, but not $18. I'll keep an eye on them in case they drop lower.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think he means with Wii games (like Super Smash Bros) on the Wii U. In this case, it's a somewhat valid point, because the PS3 controller is compatible with PS1 and PS2 games when it comes to backwards compatibility on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat valid is right. Just never crossed my mind since Ninty did the same thing with the Wii (gc controller needed to play gc disc games).

Don't see it as much of an issue since I mainly want the pro-controller for when I buy Monster Hunter and any of the old NES games I grab off the e-shop.

Has there been any indication that VC games will be playable on the pro controller? I thought they were working on making them compatible with the gamepad.

[quote name='ZForce915']Has there been any indication that VC games will be playable on the pro controller? I thought they were working on making them compatible with the gamepad.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they be? It could be useful for multiplayer if you can't use the wii remotes and we only have one gamepad.

[quote name='rbarba4']Well not as good as the OP, but my local store dropped the white controller to $37.50 (black is still 50)

This is more along the lines of what the clearance price should be and doubt it'll ever reach 18 (@ walmart anyway)m[/QUOTE]

I saw this same price at my walmart today. I got so excited when I saw the red clearance sticker, but then I saw the price. :( I'll keep checking.

[quote name='DK745']Why wouldn't they be? It could be useful for multiplayer if you can't use the wii remotes and we only have one gamepad.[/QUOTE]

I agree they should, but that doesn't mean they will.

Anyone find out if the new version of this controller is going to have analog triggers, instead of digital ones? Seems to make sense, and I would much rather have one with digital triggers at $50, than digital triggers at even $10.

White one on sale for $36 but black still full price here too. Employee said since I had picture of receipt from other store they could ask the manager. But I said not worth the trouble and walked off. Didn't want to start anything.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Maybe if the OP posted up a receipt, we can probably get the price adjusted for the controller.[/QUOTE]

He did or atleast someone did. It's on like page 2.

bread's done
Back