Wii U Skylander Bundle $249.99 TRU Free Shipping

Super sweet deal, especially if you're willing to piece it out for a cheap Wii U, which is what I did. The exclusive figure fetches anywhere from $60 - $75 on eBay, you can get another maybe $40 - $50 for the portal and game. That's around $150+tax for a new console. 

I'm in store now - $25 gift card comes with, plus, evidently an extra chrome figure for spending over $100 on Skylanders. Seriously?!?!

I would get this if I thought Nintendo would actually make games that need two Gamepads! (I have a black launch console, but would get this to get a white Gamepad... and it would be almost free by the time I sold off all the extras.)

Man, I went in earlier tonight intending to pick this up but ended up leaving with the Mario & Luigi bundle.

I figured everything being equal (the $25 gift card comes with any Wii u and the credit from the game I had to return) I still really wanted Mario U, Luigi U, and Super Mario 3D World, so it'd break down as follows:

Skylanders Bundle 249.99 + 95.98 (Super Maro U + Mario 3D World with the current 40% off deal they're running) + 15.00 roughly what I'd spend on a 32gb USB flash drive + 4.99 Luigi U (29.99 - $25 gift card) = $365.96

vs

Mario Luigi Bundle 299.99 + 34.99 Super Mario 3D world (59.99 - $25 gift card) = 334.98

I didn't really want to be bothered with selling all the Skylanders stuff since 1) I couldn't find out the relative value of all this stuff while waiting around in the store. 2) I don't want to have to bother with eBay and shipping and stuff.

But if these figures can actually fetch like $60-75 (I know nothing about Skylanders) I may need to return this system and grab the Skylanders one.

How much could I reasonably expect to get from these Skylanders things, Is it worth the hassle?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the skylanders bundle for my son for Christmas since it is a boxed Wii u basic inside. I sold the variant swash buckler on eBay for $60 and got $55 for the portal, game and two figures. The basic in this bundle also has nintendoland.

I was gonna get Wii U Mario & Luigi bundle for $249.99 tomorrow morning at Fred Meyer but I am kind of leaning toward the skylander bundle now.  Now, I really don't know what to do.

From what I'm seeing online, some time in January, TRU will send an email to you indicating how you can get the figure, which means you probably have to be a Rewards R Us member to get the email. The character is a variant of "Gill Grunt."

They should have handed you a $25 gift card at the register. If not, I'd go back!

Man, I went in earlier tonight intending to pick this up but ended up leaving with the Mario & Luigi bundle.

I figured everything being equal (the $25 gift card comes with any Wii u and the credit from the game I had to return) I still really wanted Mario U, Luigi U, and Super Mario 3D World, so it'd break down as follows:

Skylanders Bundle 249.99 + 95.98 (Super Maro U + Mario 3D World with the current 40% off deal they're running) + 15.00 roughly what I'd spend on a 32gb USB flash drive + 4.99 Luigi U (29.99 - $25 gift card) = $365.96

vs

Mario Luigi Bundle 299.99 + 34.99 Super Mario 3D world (59.99 - $25 gift card) = 334.98

I didn't really want to be bothered with selling all the Skylanders stuff since 1) I couldn't find out the relative value of all this stuff while waiting around in the store. 2) I don't want to have to bother with eBay and shipping and stuff.

But if these figures can actually fetch like $60-75 (I know nothing about Skylanders) I may need to return this system and grab the Skylanders one.

How much could I reasonably expect to get from these Skylanders things, Is it worth the hassle?
After fees and shipping, you could get a minimum of $50 for the exclusive figurine. Sell the other characters, portal and game together as a bundle, that's another $40. It's a hassle - you've got to find packaging, weigh it, buy postage - so it's up to you as to whether it's worth it. I would say it's not more than an hour's worth of work.

Also, you'll find Luigi U cheaper than $29.99 at Gamestop, Best Buy or Amazon, especially with certain deals or coupons. You're probably not going to play these games at once (Luigi U is basically a speed version of Mario U), so why not use the $25 GC on the Mario games, then pick up Luigi cheaper if/when you want it?

Pretty slick ... didn't think I'd be grabbing a Wii u any time soon, but with the $50 off plus figures to sell and $25 Giftcard ... I'm in!

AND don't forget, if you buy it tomorrow (or rebuy it) you can get an additional 10% off if you're a TRU credit card holder!

After fees and shipping, you could get a minimum of $50 for the exclusive figurine. Sell the other characters, portal and game together as a bundle, that's another $40. It's a hassle - you've got to find packaging, weigh it, buy postage - so it's up to you as to whether it's worth it. I would say it's not more than an hour's worth of work.

Also, you'll find Luigi U cheaper than $29.99 at Gamestop, Best Buy or Amazon, especially with certain deals or coupons. You're probably not going to play these games at once (Luigi U is basically a speed version of Mario U), so why not use the $25 GC on the Mario games, then pick up Luigi cheaper if/when you want it?
If your a true CAG, ebay is a piece of cake lol.

I have like a whole setup and you could even list it before you buy if you really wanted to and pick it up in store or some shit so it would be on hold.

I have like a whole setup and you could even list it before you buy if you really wanted to and pick it up in store or some shit so it would be on hold.
Would we still get the $25 giftcard using in-store pickup?

Edit: Is this $249.99 price and the $25 giftcard a part of their weekly sale? So today (Saturday) is probably the only day to get in on this? I'm just wondering because I don't get paid until Thursday. I spent too much on Christmas gifts and black friday. I should have a credit card for situations like this. :headache:

I was gonna get Wii U Mario & Luigi bundle for $249.99 tomorrow morning at Fred Meyer but I am kind of leaning toward the skylander bundle now. Now, I really don't know what to do.
Your comment caught my attention. I knew Fred Meyer was advertising the system for $279.99 but didn't know about the $30 electronics coupon until looking at their doorbuster ad online after reading your post. Thanks for posting.

Now, guess where I'm headed this morning...

From the weekly ad thread, Best Buy and Target are offering $25 gift cards with a WiiU purchase, but I don't see anything about TRU offering them.
I saw signs in-store that said the giftcard was available Fri and Sat only, so maybe a non-as, flash sale type deal?

A true CAG would use a $10 off coupon and the $25 GC, buy 2 SM3DWs, sell one on eBay, then find some cheap B1G1 used deal for SMU and SLU at a retailer where the CAG has already amassed a ton of credit, and brag that s/he got all this stuff for nearly nothing.

Pretty slick ... didn't think I'd be grabbing a Wii u any time soon, but with the $50 off plus figures to sell and $25 Giftcard ... I'm in!
I thought it was such a joke system until I grabbed one for cheap on CL this year. It's become my system of choice, and my wife and daughter are playing games in full-force now, too. Nintendoland and Zombie U are far cooler than they should be, and SM3DW, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker and Rayman Legends are all amazing. For a subsidized $150-ish, it's a no- brainer, and worth the little eBay time spent.

If you have GS credit, they have this on sale for $274.99 and you get a $25 gift card tomorrow.

YMMV if they will both be available tomorrow.

Well I went ahead and swapped the Mario & Luigi Wii U for the Skylanders one. I'll have to figure out how I want to sell this Skylanders stuff.

Edit: Is Nintendo Land worth keeping? I can't imagine it goes for much online.

So tempted by this. I passed up a deluxe for $205ish (Target 20% off coupon the week after black Friday, trading in Mario and Luigi), but I also recently bought a 3DSXL with a nice backlog already forming. Why do these deals keep coming?! :)

So tempted by this. I passed up a deluxe for $205ish (Target 20% off coupon the week after black Friday, trading in Mario and Luigi), but I also recently bought a 3DSXL with a nice backlog already forming. Why do these deals keep coming?! :)
Do you have a Steam backlog as well? My Steam backlog alone is around 100 games.

I think I can wait awhile for price drops and sales.

If you have GS credit, they have this on sale for $274.99 and you get a $25 gift card tomorrow.

YMMV if they will both be available tomorrow.
Hmm. I do have some GS credit. It might be worth spending an extra $25 at Gamestop. I guess I would save $15 on tax also. Do Gamestop sales usually last through Sunday? So there may possibly be a chance that the two promos could overlap tomorrow?

I also noticed that Target and TRU have Swap Force starter packs for $49.99 this week. They might start going for lower on eBay sans the official packaging and variant figure. I'm just thinking demand might go down because people will want to guarantee they have the game by Christmas and will just drive to Target or TRU instead of using eBay this week.

I ended up getting the skylanders bundle at TRU over Mario and Luigi bundle at Fred Meyer ($250).  Then I went to BB to get New Super Mario U and Super Mario 3D World for $78.82 after tax.  I should easily recoup that money selling the skylanders stuff on eBay.

p.s  I kind of like the black console better though.  Oh well.

I ended up getting the skylanders bundle at TRU over Mario and Luigi bundle at Fred Meyer ($250). Then I went to BB to get New Super Mario U and Super Mario 3D World for $78.82 after tax. I should easily recoup that money selling the skylanders stuff on eBay.

p.s I kind of like the black console better though. Oh well.
I'm actually in favor of the white. I'm a sucker for white.

Hmm. I do have some GS credit. It might be worth spending an extra $25 at Gamestop. I guess I would save $15 on tax also. Do Gamestop sales usually last through Sunday? So there may possibly be a chance that the two promos could overlap tomorrow?

I also noticed that Target and TRU have Swap Force starter packs for $49.99 this week. They might start going for lower on eBay sans the official packaging and variant figure. I'm just thinking demand might go down because people will want to guarantee they have the game by Christmas and will just drive to Target or TRU instead of using eBay this week.
Picking up tomorrow, but have the auctions going right now :)

I was going to go buy one in-store on Saturday, but the weather had other ideas, so I ordered one online.  Surprisingly, it's already shipped and looks like it will be here soon :)

I can say, even though I'll almost certainly sell it, the wash buckler figure is the coolest Skylander exclusive I've ever seen ... it just looks really good in the metallic gold-green.

I was going to go buy one in-store on Saturday, but the weather had other ideas, so I ordered one online. Surprisingly, it's already shipped and looks like it will be here soon :)
Is the 25$ GC still available for online purchase ? If so, how ?

bread's done
Back