Wii U-ZombiU

Played multiplayer today with my roommate and its fantastic! Kinda wish you could play with more than 1 v 1 though. Also wished they had more explanation on the CTF mode because we kinda had no idea what was going on. Definitely glad I picked this up though.

A friend was over for a few days and I watched him finish the game. I have to say the game is really fun. On my playthrough on my account,I believe I'm about halfway through it, so I gotta a lot ahead of me but this game is really good.

What endings have people gotten? theres three total

Girlfriend bought this game for me for Christmas, which helped me avoid having to rent it.

Gotta say, I''m loving it. Plenty of tense moments, especially in the
school
, holy crap! I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and really hitting my groove. I'm on my 14th survivor, but my current one has survived for 4 or 5 hours.

Can't wait to start a new game now that I'm used to the controls, and level up my weapon skills.

i want/wanted to like this game but that hasn't been the case.
its basically like a poor mans left 4 dead.
ubsoft basically said hey remember that zombie game every one loves?
well we got that its just not nearly as good or nearly as much fun, but ur gonna buy it anyway cuz the wii u just launched and ur gonna want games for it.
U do want games don't u?
Sureeee u do so here is a sub par one for u.
*takes monies and kicks a puppy on their way out*

Стань богатым используя подсознание!
Советы Дональда Трампа.
81984fere.jpg

[quote name='dudejapan']i want/wanted to like this game but that hasn't been the case.
its basically like a poor mans left 4 dead.
ubsoft basically said hey remember that zombie game every one loves?
well we got that its just not nearly as good or nearly as much fun, but ur gonna buy it anyway cuz the wii u just launched and ur gonna want games for it.
U do want games don't u?
Sureeee u do so here is a sub par one for u.
*takes monies and kicks a puppy on their way out*[/QUOTE]

The only thing this and L4D have in common is zombies and shooting. That's about it.

L4D is a multiplayer co-op style zombie arcade-ish shooter. ZombiU is true survival horror - dark environments, sparse ammo, a feeling of isolation and anxiety, etc. etc. L4D had some of that, but ZombieU feels scarier and much more intense.

That's not a knock against L4D, which is incredibly fun and a blast to play, but calling ZombiU a poor man's L4D is a bit shortsighted, IMO.

Ah well, I wasn't a huge fan but I saw potential. I was hoping it could be like Red Steel 2 where the first one was mediocre but the second was actually really good:

ZombiU Wasn't Profitable, No Sequel Planned

"We hope [the Wii U] will take off."
by Luke Karmali
July 8, 2013

Ubisoft isn't planning to make a sequel to ZombiU after the game failed to make a profit.

Talking to Games Industry, the company's CEO Yves Guillemot revealed that the Wii U-exclusive wasn't even close to making a profit, which in turn means there are no plans for a sequel.

This is at odds with what the company said back in May; it was mentioned then that a prototype was being worked on by Ubisoft Montpelier. However, seeing as the studio is only just finished with Rayman Legends, it's unlikely to be very far along with a new project, and Guillemot's comments suggest it's unlikely to be greenlit anyway.

In addition, the relative failure of the game was largely responsible for the company reassessing its views on Rayman Legends' exclusivity.

"We must find a way to ensure the creativity of those games could have a big enough audience," he said. "We hope [the Wii U] will take off. At the moment, we've said 'let's do through Christmas and see where we are from there.'"

ZombiU proved critically divisive when it launched alongside the Wii U last year - IGN's review gave it a 6.3, but other critics fell in love with its harsh, almost Dark Souls-y survival horror. Its Metacritic aggregate score currently sits at 77.

The fact that this game, probably the highest-profile 3rd party WiiU game for launch and a few months afterward, wasn't even close to making a profit explains absolutely everything about why 3rd parties have fled from WiiU.  Sad state of affairs.

So Ubi is giving them through this holiday to turn things around. That's probably because stuff already in development is so far along. With the other consoles launching, few 1st party games that people want, and Nintendo saying "no price drop", I don't see much chance of a turn around.

So then what? Do they keep going with few games and bad sales for 5 years and launch Wii U2 when the next next consoles launch or do they replace the Wii U in a year or two and launch in some kind of weird mid generation place?

Last edited by a moderator:
There were some there. EA for example. Now they aren't even putting Madden on it.
EA is odd, like still putting out FIFA 14 for the Wii and 3DS, but not for Wii U. I doubt a copy and paste job like they've done before would cost them much to do the same for another Madden on Wii U.

Ubisoft has been the only real true third party supporter for the Wii U (and most of the Wii's last years), so when you read news that even they are pulling back their support, the stakes for this holiday season seem much higher.

I'm surprised EA didn't just release the same game on Wii and WiiU, just up it to HD... I'm sure some game mags would have compared, but most consumers wouldn't know or care.​

EA is odd, like still putting out FIFA 14 for the Wii and 3DS, but not for Wii U. I doubt a copy and paste job like they've done before would cost them much to do the same for another Madden on Wii U.

Ubisoft has been the only real true third party supporter for the Wii U (and most of the Wii's last years), so when you read news that even they are pulling back their support, the stakes for this holiday season seem much higher.
Well, the original Wii is still outselling the WiiU in the US, so why wouldn't they put it on Wii? This whole situation is sad but the 3rd parties are actually logically all things considered.

DofK, I was talking about releasing essentially the same version of FIFA on Wii and WiiU... I agree put it on the Wii to get the sales, but WiiU people will buy stuff just because there aren't any other games.

bread's done
Back