Wii VC, does it effect old school game values?

arfin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm just wondering if the Wii Virtual console game releases have had an effect on the value of old school games (on ebay).

As i was checking the value of Breath of Fire on the snes, it seemed lower then what i remember it being a few months ago. Then i found out it was released on the Wii VC. Does anyone remember what it used to be worth?

In my experience being on the VC doesnt dilute the value of the real thing at all.

Collectors still want actual cart/disc games.

I think its great cos now people who dont want to maintain and purchase old systems and games can still play the classics, and nerds who value plastic more than paper are still happy.

Usually, no, as Puffa said. But, didn't the Mega Man X Collection cause the SNES X2 and X3 to plummet in value?

[quote name='daroga']Usually, no, as Puffa said. But, didn't the Mega Man X Collection cause the SNES X2 and X3 to plummet in value?[/quote]

Reprints, compilation packs, and other physical reissuings of classic games definitely reduce the value of the original games. Thats a bit of a different case than 'virtual', downloadable versions of the games.

Often I think it depends on the game. When the PSP version of Valkyrie Profile came out I thought my PS1 copy would plummit in price, but for some reason it shot up to around $170. These things are hard to predict, and often screwy.

Everyday I kick myself for not holding onto my complete/bought new in 2000 copy of Valkyrie Profile.

However, the PSP rerelease does ensure that I don't kick myself as hard any longer.

Now that Rondo of Blood is out on the PSP, I wonder what's happening to the price of the original PC Engine version.

I've got a pretty big collection of snes games, so i thought i would ask the community what you think, i'm not interested in selling my games right now, and with the response you all gave me, i don't think i have to.

Yeah it is a hard thing to predict.

bread's done
Back