Wii w/ bad GPU, possible Gamestop trade-in?

It depends. Some just turn it on to see if it has power. Some play your toweled 360 for 20 minutes then cause it to RROD again. :p It just depends on who is working and how much they care.

i think ull be fine, as long as the issue isn't blatantly obvious (ie dots all over the place), then u should be fine, this doesn't really apply so much to the wii, but i brought in my ps2 and a bunch of games and tons of accessories including 2 busted wireless controllers, they took everything, they literally just turned the ps2 on, put a game in and gave it a play for a minute and then moved onto the next thing

Besides the obvious fact that you're trying to pass off a bad system to Gamestop for a trade-in is more than a little slimy, it depends on how long they test it for.

If the issue you have comes up all the time and they see that it's not working correctly, you'll get the broken system price, which is like $20-$40 for the trade in, if that much. If it doesn't show up as a non-working system in their testing, it'll get the normal system trade-in.

Again, it's a bit slimy to try and pass a non-working system onto anyone, though that's your issue to worry about.

bread's done
Back