Wii Wait Up 1/7/07

theCHONGO

CAG Veteran
1/7/2007 Wii Wait Up???

should i be thinking of trying to nab a wii at any of the local stores...im in orlando btw. ive scoured the forums and haven't noticed any news regarding shipments being held till sunday; let alone if the said shipment even exists.....

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yay! Wii's will be back. I hope i'll get one this time.[/quote]

dude, r u incinuating that there is a shipment coming through?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yay! Wii's will be back. I hope i'll get one this time.[/QUOTE]

No they aren't.

They aren't advertised at all, Circuit City has none, Wal-Mart / Target / TRU stopped holding, and all of the Best Buy's around here (and other places) don't even have them on order.

I really doubt any retailer will have Wii's tomorrow.

if its not being advertised in specials, its being put on the floor whenever wii's come in...it has a possibility i believe (i dunno about other stores but i know toyrus gets a shipment early sunday, but dunno)

[quote name='theCHONGO']dude, r u incinuating that there is a shipment coming through?[/QUOTE]

I actually laughed reading that post, out loud too.

[quote name='David85']Just buy a PS3 instead. The stores are begging you to take them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

actually, that's not far from the truth... funny story...

i was at best buy this afternoon, and a guy (mid-30s) asked if they had a ps2 in stock... they said no, they're totally sold out, but they have 3 ps3s in stock if he wants one of those...

the guy declined... "they're too expensive"

anyway... back on topic, yeah... now that the holidays are over, i don't think they're doing the line waiting, guaranteed in stock stuff anymore... shipments show up, they put them on the floor, and whoever gets there first gets them. i saw 2 sitting on the shelf at circuit city the other day. no line waiting to be had. so, my advice, just start showing up places and calling stores often... eventually you'll get lucky.

[quote name='DocRamon']actually, that's not far from the truth... funny story...

i was at best buy this afternoon, and a guy (mid-30s) asked if they had a ps2 in stock... they said no, they're totally sold out, but they have 3 ps3s in stock if he wants one of those...

the guy declined... "they're too expensive"

anyway... back on topic, yeah... now that the holidays are over, i don't think they're doing the line waiting, guaranteed in stock stuff anymore... shipments show up, they put them on the floor, and whoever gets there first gets them. i saw 2 sitting on the shelf at circuit city the other day. no line waiting to be had. so, my advice, just start showing up places and calling stores often... eventually you'll get lucky.[/quote]

nice way to put it doc. when i start thinkin about waiting in line, I start thinking that at this point in time, especially post xmas, that it would be inconsequential if i wait and score or just happen to nab one at some random time...like u said; seeing two.

personally, the waiting in line is better to me than this random stock crap...its easier since i know they have in stock, and i personally have no problem waiting 4 hours max for an official chance at getting one (my old college i went to, we had to line up in lines for registration for classes so i'm used to it.)

I was at Walmart and I walk to the electronics section and lo and behold I see a Wii sitting behind the glass. I get someone to get it for me and when I get to the counter the cashier starts telling me this story. For a long time (not sure if it was launch or 2nd shipment) there inventory has been telling them they had 1 Wii left in the store. They couldn't find it so they just thought the inventory was off. Where did they find it? Hidden behind the pile of PS3's they have in the back room. Those are exact words from him. I thought it was pretty humorous.

[quote name='schuerm26']I was at Walmart and I walk to the electronics section and lo and behold I see a Wii sitting behind the glass. I get someone to get it for me and when I get to the counter the cashier starts telling me this story. For a long time (not sure if it was launch or 2nd shipment) there inventory has been telling them they had 1 Wii left in the store. They couldn't find it so they just thought the inventory was off. Where did they find it? Hidden behind the pile of PS3's they have in the back room. Those are exact words from him. I thought it was pretty humorous.[/QUOTE]That's awesome

bread's done
Back