Wii will be in stock at TRU on Sunday 7/22!

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Checked the 'Hot News' for 7/5 on the Toys R Us homepage at work last Sunday and saw a notice for all stores to (roto) hold all incoming Wiis until 7/22.

My store usually gets anywhere between 30 to 80 units. Hope this helps out those that are still looking for the Nintendo Wii!

[quote name='PaleGreen']And this is a deal because...? :bomb:[/quote]
Because some are estimating Wiis to be sold out up to and beyond the holiday season.

As any gamer will tell you, the ability to buy a console at retail price during it's drought IS a deal by ANY standards. Ebay is solid proof of this reality.

YES!!!! Finally I can get WiiFit , come on Nintendo please release WiiSex

That was released a while ago.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sv3ugzRHSio

~HotShotX

[quote name='JediBaja']Checked the 'Hot News' for 7/5 on the Toys R Us homepage at work last Sunday and saw a notice for all stores to (roto) hold all incoming Wiis until 7/22. [/quote]
Oh wow, they become available on my birthday XD

wow if u still havent gotten a wii u might as well give up causes its not that serious....unless u have alot ppl over or sibs it really is a fade...got mine in nov. havent played more than 2-3 time a month since december....

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']wow if u still havent gotten a wii u might as well give up causes its not that serious....unless u have alot ppl over or sibs it really is a fade...got mine in nov. havent played more than 2-3 time a month since december....[/quote]

People are smart enough to make their own decisions. If people really want someone to tell them what to do, they can listen to Reggie...but then that'd be one scary world.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']wow if u still havent gotten a wii u might as well give up causes its not that serious....unless u have alot ppl over or sibs it really is a fade...got mine in nov. havent played more than 2-3 time a month since december....[/QUOTE]

I've bought 3 Wii's, sold two after I got done playing Elebits, Zelda and Wii Sports. I'm not sure why I have a third one. I really hope something decent comes out soon because they are releasing some seriously bad shit on here for months. At least I can play Tales of Symphonia :)

[quote name='JediBaja']Checked the 'Hot News' for 7/5 on the Toys R Us homepage at work last Sunday and saw a notice for all stores to (roto) hold all incoming Wiis until 7/22.

My store usually gets anywhere between 30 to 80 units. Hope this helps out those that are still looking for the Nintendo Wii![/quote]

wOOt! Thanks!

damn, sams club here has a crazy ton.... if anyone doesnt get theirs this sunday and wants me to pick one up for cost + tax + shipping/gas + paypal fees, let me know.

[quote name='HotShotX']

As any gamer will tell you, the ability to buy a console at retail price during it's drought IS a deal by ANY standards. Ebay is solid proof of this reality.
[/quote]

A console at retail price during a drought is a deal? At least give me amazon.com or buy.com because they have free shipping and no tax but please...:roll:

If you want to know what a deal is, I can tell you that I bought Resistance brand new for $32 shipped, now that my friend, is a deal!;)

When I went in earlier this week to check on the clearance bin again, I saw them stacked all the way up to the top of a cart. I didn't know that these were still that rare despite Nintendo saying that they'll run out. I just wish FYE carried them, with all the credit I have from the VT3,DDR:U, and EA flips I've done...

God I hope these don't stay scarce all the way through this coming holiday season. The console has been out for almost 9 months and we STILL have to put up with these stupid Wii "deal" threads...

[quote name='HotShotX']Because some are estimating Wiis to be sold out up to and beyond the holiday season.

That was released a while ago.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sv3ugzRHSio

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I agree, thanks for looking out for other CAGS, i've been trying to get one for my buddies for a while; it is nice to get insider info.

Haha. here comes Oasisboy again with his remarks/complaints about the Wii being available posts. You all know how he made a fool of himself the last time there was a thread like this.

Damnit why can't these be common yet :(. I want the rush to die down so they release a neon green one to match my GB color.

Thanks OP. One of these days i'll have to bite.

[quote name='Alucard400']Haha. here comes Oasisboy again with his remarks/complaints about the Wii being available posts. You all know how he made a fool of himself the last time there was a thread like this.[/quote]

And here comes another smart pants. How did I make a fool of myself? At least I am not up at 7am driving on a Sunday morning trying to buy a Wii.... I will be asleep in my cozy and warm bed dreaming about the day where there will be no more "Wii In stock" threads in the deals section...

Have fun getting up at 7am and standing in line! :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']And here comes another smart pants. How did I make a fool of myself? At least I am not up at 7am driving on a Sunday morning trying to buy a Wii.... I will be asleep in my cozy and warm bed dreaming about the day where there will be no more "Wii In stock" threads in the deals section...

Have fun getting up at 7am and standing in line! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Ha, months ago I got mine thanks to one of these threads and there was no waking up at 7 and waiting in line.. I showed up at 12:30 and bought the last one!

[quote name='oasisboy']And here comes another smart pants. How did I make a fool of myself? At least I am not up at 7am driving on a Sunday morning trying to buy a Wii.... I will be asleep in my cozy and warm bed dreaming about the day where there will be no more "Wii In stock" threads in the deals section...

Have fun getting up at 7am and standing in line! :lol:[/quote]

That's right. Keep amusing me! As long as you keep posting about your lame complaints, there will be people here to reply funny remarks about you. :lol:

It's nice when there is someone out there who gives me a laugh and makes my day once in while.:D

[quote name='Dwapook']Ha, months ago I got mine thanks to one of these threads and there was no waking up at 7 and waiting in line.. I showed up at 12:30 and bought the last one![/quote]
Same with me, (big shoutout to speedy and others for their work helping us CAGs)!

As for Oasisboy, let's all just laugh at him but don't give him the dignity of a response, because he'll just keep flaming for no apparent reason. If it turns into a flame war the thread might get closed down and then it's the CAGs who lose at the end (and the admins that have to clean the mess up).

The attendents in the Frederickburg, VA store stated that the Wii's would be on sale on 22 Jul.

edited: for a misread on my part of the thread initially

[quote name='Alucard400']That's right. Keep amusing me! As long as you keep posting about your lame complaints, there will be people here to reply funny remarks about you. :lol:

It's nice when there is someone out there who gives me a laugh and makes my day once in while.:D[/quote]

Oh please, dont make me cry :roll:

If my replies give you a nice laugh, then you need to get a life or a better sense of humor.

[quote name='super_nerd']

As for Oasisboy, let's all just laugh at him but don't give him the dignity of a response[/quote]

I guess I am the Paris Hilton of this board, I enjoy the attention I get ;)

Please keep replying to my posts, it fills my ego :cool:

[quote name='super_nerd']Same with me, (big shoutout to speedy and others for their work helping us CAGs)!

As for Oasisboy, let's all just laugh at him but don't give him the dignity of a response, because he'll just keep flaming for no apparent reason. If it turns into a flame war the thread might get closed down and then it's the CAGs who lose at the end (and the admins that have to clean the mess up).[/quote]

Props to Speedy for the heads up on the ads each week. That should be ALL the info the Wii seekers need every week to find a console. We don't need all of these stupid Wii's available X/XX/XX at XXXXX every single week. Just check Speedy's post, set your alarm, get your ass out of bed, and get to the store just before they open. The console has been out for 9 months. If you don't have one already then you really haven't tried very hard

I got one the first day they came out by reserving at EB. I just got another one last week at my local GS for my nephew's birthday. I called and they said they are regularly getting them in every week. Just not too many. BTW, the TRU in Times Square, NYC is getting in tons of Wii's on the 22nd. That's what the guy told me on the phone. If that doesn't work out and you are in NY then head over to the Nintendo world store, I have heard they get lots in all the time.

Funny. For all the "this is not a deal" people, it sure seems to be pick and choose with that issue. This thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144543
wasn't a deal, and I didn't see a single person blubbering about it not being a deal.

So we get it, you don't like to see Wii availability in this spot. But it's not gonna stop unless the mods decide or until Nintendo gets some Wiis out there. So go bitch to the mods or Nintendo so

1. We don't have these threads
2. We don't have to deal with you whining about it.

[quote name='mikej012']Funny. For all the "this is not a deal" people, it sure seems to be pick and choose with that issue. This thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144543
wasn't a deal, and I didn't see a single person blubbering about it not being a deal.

So we get it, you don't like to see Wii availability in this spot. But it's not gonna stop unless the mods decide or until Nintendo gets some Wiis out there. So go bitch to the mods or Nintendo so

2. We don't have to deal with you whining about it.[/quote]

That's just a stupid comparison. Electroplankton was a very limited release on-line only if memory serves me correctly. THE GAME IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION THEREFORE IT TRULY IS A RARE FIND!!! The Wii on the other hand is difficult to find depending on your area but it does show up in B&M stores on a fairly regular basis and if you just pay attention to Speedy you can find out exactly when. Also that's the first thread for Electroplanton that's been posted for months.

Your apples do not compare to your oranges sir. Case closed.

[quote name='Chitown021'] THE GAME IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION THEREFORE IT TRULY IS A RARE FIND!!! [/quote]

BUT OMG THIS FORUM IS FOR DEALS ONLY AND THAT'S RETAIL PRICE SO IT'S NOT A DEAL!!!

Your apples do not compare to your oranges sir.

Both the apples and oranges are not deals, yet you crap on one and not the other. Who cares if oranges are harder to find? Your argument about the Wii is that it's not a deal. Well neither is Electroplankton. Why the double standard? Your "but it's a limited release" cop out doesn't answer that. If you hold the standard for one non-deal, hold it for all non-deals. Hate them all or accept them all.

It's one thing to make a thread about CC having something when SPeedy covers it two weeks in advance. Perhaps someone can show me who posts the TRU ad in advance? I won't wait, because no one does.

That's why there's a double standard, and frankly I approve this thread (and I made one over a month ago as well).

I approve of this thread too obviously, but there are the ignorant people who don't think so and they want this thread dead and make things harder for some CAGs. It's weird though, they don't want threads like this. But for what reason?

[quote name='oasisboy']I guess I am the Paris Hilton of this board, I enjoy the attention I get ;)

Please keep replying to my posts, it fills my ego :cool:[/quote]
HAHAHAHAHHA!:lol:

[quote name='mikej012']BUT OMG THIS FORUM IS FOR DEALS ONLY AND THAT'S RETAIL PRICE SO IT'S NOT A DEAL!!!

Both the apples and oranges are not deals, yet you crap on one and not the other. Who cares if oranges are harder to find? Your argument about the Wii is that it's not a deal. Well neither is Electroplankton. Why the double standard? Your "but it's a limited release" cop out doesn't answer that. If you hold the standard for one non-deal, hold it for all non-deals. Hate them all or accept them all.[/quote]

I guess we just have differing views as to what constituted a "deal" as far as this site is concerned. The Wii is not a deal anymore because it can be found fairly easily if a person just watches the Sunday ads and is willing to arrive outside the store a few minutes before open. Electroplankton IS a deal because it was found at retail price for the first time probably since it's initial release. There is a HUGE difference between the two items we're talking about.

There's also not one post a week saying that Electroplankton will be available at Target or Best Buy or where ever.

[quote name='mikej012']Funny. For all the "this is not a deal" people, it sure seems to be pick and choose with that issue. This thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144543

2. We don't have to deal with you whining about it.[/quote]

Why would someone who is so offended by whining even enter this thread? You knew exactly what you would find. All of the necessary info is in the thread title, so do us a favor and just stay out.

[quote name='Jobb']Why would someone who is so offended by whining even enter this thread? You knew exactly what you would find. All of the necessary info is in the thread title, so do us a favor and just stay out.[/quote]

And you knew that posts like mine would be here too. As you said, you knew exactly what you would find. I'll post a dissenting view if I darn well please. I didn't know this was a club I wasn't welcome in if I didn't agree with your opinions. So no, I won't leave. Do yourself a favor and post something other than, "You suck, get out," if you disagree with what I have to say.

I would just like to thank this topic hopefully I will find a Wii by Sunday but if not i'll know TRU should have them if i go at opening. Thank you.

[quote name='mikej012']And you knew that posts like mine would be here too. As you said, you knew exactly what you would find. I'll post a dissenting view if I darn well please. I didn't know this was a club I wasn't welcome in if I didn't agree with your opinions. So no, I won't leave. Do yourself a favor and post something other than, "You suck, get out," if you disagree with what I have to say.[/quote]

This is some serious business! You can't stop my free speech stride!

Actually I didn't enter this thread just to complain, but your post was so silly that I just had to say something. Also:

You suck, get out

Chitown, welcome to the club!

I don't understand the laziness of people that complain that they need this thread in the deals section. Is it that hard to put threads like this in the Wii section, really, is it that hard?

I think people who create this kind of threads just want attention. They want other CAGS to kiss their ass and say "thank you OP because now I will find a Wii this Sunday". That's it.

Some people here need to understand what a deal is. A deal is not a console in stock at X store for MSRP. Unless you show me some kind of savings (and please dont include ebay) be it taxes or free shipping, then lets stop these kinds of threads. Whats next week? Best Buy will have Wiis in stock, and then next week it will be Circuit City and then it will be Toy's R US, etc etc, etc...

I thought CHEAP ASS GAMER.com meant cheap ass gamers like you and me that want to save $$$ on videogames, this is not X console/ game in stock gamer.com

Cheapy, please put a stop to this! :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']Chitown, welcome to the club!

I don't understand the laziness of people that complain that they need this thread in the deals section. Is it that hard to put threads like this in the Wii section, really, is it that hard?

I think people who create this kind of threads just want attention. They want other CAGS to kiss their ass and say "thank you OP because now I will find a Wii this Sunday". That's it.

Some people here need to understand what a deal is. A deal is not a console in stock at X store for MSRP. Unless you show me some kind of savings (and please dont include ebay) be it taxes or free shipping, then lets stop these kinds of threads. Whats next week? Best Buy will have Wiis in stock, and then next week it will be Circuit City and then it will be Toy's R US, etc etc, etc...

I thought CHEAP ASS GAMER.com meant cheap ass gamers like you and me that want to save $$$ on videogames, this is not X console/ game in stock gamer.com

Cheapy, please put a stop to this! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Supply and demand. Right now, demand far outstrips supply. That in turn makes MSRP a deal. If speedy got advance copies or the TRU ad, I'd agree with you. Because, after all, 2/3 of the ads now advertise MSRP. So, why is it wrong to post MSRP deals of a hard to find item and right to post MSRP deals of an easy-to-be-found item just because it's included with the other ads?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That in turn makes MSRP a deal[/quote]

Saying that MSRP is a deal is a sin in the Cheapass bible... MSRP will never, ever be a deal.

bread's done
Back