CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawlers
Zelda Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Curruption
WarioWare Smooth Moves
All multi million sellers guaranteed and promised to be released in the first 6 months.

-Red Steel
-Project HAMMER (Surprisingly Violent for in house Nintendo.Urban setting. Using that hammer to destroy Cars and anyone in the city. Check the videos.)
-Disaster Day of Crisis (Volcanos, Tidal Waves, Urban/city setting. Some gameplay shots would be nice.),
-Excite Truck (if it can still capture the minds and wallets of the 4 million Plus people who bought the NES original)
-Blitz
-Madden
-Tony Hawk (and all the other sports games)
-Resident Evil
-Final Fantasy CC
-Dragon Quest
-Zelda 4 swords.

And a bunch more. All games that might sell a million copies, most of which are for the first 6 month launch window. As excited as I am about some other games for the PS3, and the 360 games if Nintendo can bring these games out in rapid succession in the first 6 months like there promising I think they can at the very least be on equal footing this gen.

And thats not mentioning all the others that will do well. Like the Wii Camelot RPG, the people who made Golden Sun. Trauma Center. And all the other Virtual console, and remakes for the VC like New Duck Hunt, etc... Plus for the far future theres the possibility of the Saturn, 32x, Sega CD, the TurboGrahics CD games, Kid Icarus (watch the SSB Brawlers Trailer now), Pokemon, Geist, Battalion Wars(I liked it and you gotta admit serious potential. Same goes for Geist.), Donkey Kong, Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem and and way to many to list. I've already typed to much.

What do you guys think. I think even you Sony and Microsoft hardcore fans will have to admite at the very least that the Big N is going to do a lot better this time around.

Looking at some snippets from Miyamoto and other Nintendo people I think they will release an official Hard Drive. They kind of have to with all the VConsole things I've heard talked about.

I do think you're on to something here - but Nintendo games cannot carry the system alone. No, they certainly don't need Rockstar's support - or even EA's all that much. But they do need SquareEnix, Capcom and Konami to release AAA titles to supplement the first-party lineup. I'm sorry, but 'Elebits' doesn't cut it - why not bring Castlevania or one of those Silent Hill or MGS digital comic titles to the Wii? I bet Capcom could come up with a really cool 2-4 player beat 'em up using the Wiimote if they would just commit the development time and dollars to the project. FF Crystal Chronicles was a BEAUTIFUL game - I'd love to see SquareEnix's artists and developers come up with an epic shooter/RPG using the Wiimote. I think Nintendo customers will buy 3rd party titles so long as they're not hand-me-downs from the other systems - Resident Evil 4 proved that and so did Soul Calibur II (yes, I know a playable Link might have had something to do with that too).

Nintendo will have about 6-7 games for launch they said, that means 4-5 tops.

Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Curruption, WarioWare are all most likely launch titles. SSB:B doesn't even use the eiimote, and that's lame.

My guess is Nintendo for launch will have...

Zelda Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Curruption
WarioWare
Wii Sports
And some "mature" game.

[quote name='yukine']Where the hell is Luigi's Mansion 2, damnit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that just begs to use the wiimote as the vacuum.

[quote name='David85'] SSB:B doesn't even use the eiimote, and that's lame.[/QUOTE]

It's not lame at all IMO. The motion sensing wouldn't work well with Smash Bros. The last thing I want to see Nintendo do is shoehorn the motion sensing into every game whether it benefits the game or not.

The delays of SSB brawlers and Mario Galaxy were before I posted. But they have said to expect them in the first 6 months. Also with the Rev. Console potential. The SNES Starfox 2 game that was never released. And a bunch of other games that have been spotlighted by 1up and some other sites that were translated and localized in english but never released.
Also I think theres probably a couple more surprises that will be released as space world, TGS, and/or whenever they release the official Price and Launch date. If Project HAMMER and Day of Crisis are as good as they look then those are two mature games with decent stories right there. And in house Nintedo as well.
Resident Evil is coming and that will be mature. The only thing they need is a good fighting game in the vein of Tekken/Soul Calibur, a sandbox game like GTA, and some kind of Forza GTurismo. In my humbe opinion though some or all of these are already under development and we will see something of them before the years end.

I think Sony has such a good chance of being 3'd this gen they should be afraid. If Microsoft can get 10 million sold before November like they've said. And if Nintendo can conquer Japan like they probably will if they can swing the momentum of the DS craziness over to the Wii.

[quote name='David85']Yeah but it doesn't even seem to use the classic controler, it uses the GameCube one.[/QUOTE]
I heard them say that you shouldn't throw out the Gamecube controller. But all quotes i've read have said it will use the Wii classic controller. Where have you heard otherwise. Give some links.

[quote name='David85']Yeah but it doesn't even seem to use the classic controler, it uses the GameCube one.[/QUOTE]

You don't know that yet. I would imagine they'd allow for both.

I'm sure they'll tell us next E3. :/

I was fairly certain that they said it could be played with either GameCube controller or with the Wii controller. But after the last two days I wouldn't even know where to look to find a quote.

Let me clarify something. I know new games, and surprising info about games already announced are going to be announced sometime before the Tokyo Game Show. The constant statement that Camelot is making a console RPG since Golden Sun 2 was released is a strong indication. Thats quite a bit of development time. And the other one thats had that much development time is Metroid Prime 3 Curruption which is a confirmed Launch title. Plus them being a Japanese company they espeically know how important RPG's are, especially since thats why PS1 dominated the N64 when the dust settled. I expect to see at least two RPG's at the latest by TGSHow. One for launch and one in the first six months. Dragon Quest is a sword fighting game from what little we've seen. Final Fantasy CC isn't a classic RPG either so they don't have one. So Camelot Golden Sun Remake or 3, or a new IP. And a Namco Bandai RPG I think are imenent. Plus more secret projects, etc... like Snake being in SSB Brawl will be announced.

They will be announced before TGS along with Price and Launch Date if what Miyamoto recently said is true.

[quote name='Miyamoto'] The price and date will likely be announced before the Tokyo Game Show, since while Nintendo doesn't historically show up at TGS, many third-party Wii game producers do.
[/QUOTE]
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/miyamoto-reveals-wii-details-to-kotaku-173232.php -For Full Interview

I hope Wii Sports is a pack in, because I wouldn't pay for it otherwise. It does look fun, though, but not more than like $15 worth of fun. It looks like my launch day will be Wario Ware and Zelda: Twilight Princess now that Mario isn't making launch.

And what happened to the supposed new Miyamoto franchise? I thought they said last year at E3 or TGS that Miyamoto was working on a brand new franchise for the Wii and that they were trying to prepare it for launch.

Maybe that's an ace still hidden up their sleeves...but I won't get myself too excited.

[quote name='j.elles']... And the other one thats had that much development time is Metroid Prime 3 Curruption which is a confirmed Launch title....[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime 3 is coming out in 2007.

Remember, there are usually things shown behind closed doors at E3 that are exclusive to this or that publication, or have a gag order on them for a set ammount of time. None of the consoles have shown everything, because some stuff is just too rough and early, or there's fear of it being ripped off.

I would imagine at TGS we'll see the 2007 winter/spring/summer lineup for the Wii and then at E3 see more of them plus the stuff for holiday 2007. It isn't like everything shown now is all there will be for the next year.

Miyamoto himself said we'd be hearing from them before TGS. I'm thinking Spaceworld is happening this year. And there we'll see some new IP's (the one by Miyamoto, and more on the two new ones; Hammer, and Disaster.)
Plus the Camelot RPG. I loved Golden Sun so much. Plus all the projects Bandai Namco are supposedly working on. And maybe a few more.

Below is some interesting news for Metal Slug and SNK fans in general.

Also in the Quarter4 - 2006 SNK plans to grace Nintendo’s next generation launch with a Metal Slug Anthology which chronicals the series from the original’s first bullet, to Metal Slug 5’s last explosion. Mr. Rudolph stressed how he is keeping hardcore sluggers in mind and tha tthis direct port will have only a few altercations to accomodate Wii compatability. Possible uses of the Wiimote include character movement with the left joystick, firing with the Right hand B-trigger and tossing a grenade with the flick of a wrist. It’s still in the development stage so we were unable to get any vids or hands on time with this exciting addition to the Metal Slug catalogue. Mr. Randolph also assured us that the series is far from finished.

Lastly, we were given tidbits of info on a totally new version of an old game now titled SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighter for Nintendo DS. We didn’t recieve much about it, but it is slated for a late 2006 release. From our understanding, the game is not a port, but a new addition in the style of its predecessor.

So MS 6 is officially not included then? I've gotta find out because otherwise I'll end up importing the PS2 port of Metal Slug 6 in July.

bread's done
Back