Wii, X360, "PS3" (sorta) Rocketfish replacement cases - $0.99/3-pack Best Buy B&M

illennium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Best Buy stores have 3-packs of Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii replacements cases on clearance for $0.99. You can find them in the aisles of the respective systems, with the other accessories. They may be labeled up to $2.99 but should ring up at $0.99.

The Xbox 360 and Wii cases are very good. I use them to replace cases for used games from Hastings, Gamefly, etc., which often come with pockmarks and other blemishes. These replacement cases are less flimsy than the cases that many new games come in.

However, don't buy the PS3 game cases for PS3 games. They are the wrong thickness, so the cover art won't fit correctly in these replacement cases. I can't imagine Rocketfish made such an obvious manufacturing mistake, so maybe it's a patent issue. Anyway, I have found these "PS3" cases do work well for blu-rays from other regions (e.g., England), and for Criterion blu-rays.

Damn. For some reason I never thought to check my local BB for cases--I probably would've picked these up at full price if I had. I stopped off at GS a few weeks ago to ask if they carried any and was surprised to learn that their marketing greed didn't cover this particular gaming need.

At any rate, thanks for posting about the clearance.

[quote name='Sanges99']I stopped off at GS a few weeks ago to ask if they carried any and was surprised to learn that their marketing greed didn't cover this particular gaming need.[/QUOTE]

Genius!

1) Accept DS trade in.
2) Throw away DS box.
3) Customer buys DS cartridge.
4) Customer inquires about replacement DS cases.
5) "You can buy a three pack of replacement cases from us for $9.99!"
6) No need for ???
7) Profit

GameStop is missing the boat big time.

bread's done
Back