Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training Pre-order at Amazon

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Amazon just started taking pre-orders for the Wii Zapper bundled with Link's Crossbow Training game. The bundle is $19.99 and comes out on Nov. 19. Qualifies for free shipping with Prime and orders over $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-RVLR...24?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1190921519&sr=1-1

When I checked the other day, Amazon wasn't taking pre-orders yet, so this is your chance to get in the top of the list. The game is ranked as the #717 best seller in the Video Games section, so obviously not many people know Amazon's taking pre-orders yet.

And yes, the MSRP is supposed to be $20, but since the folks at Gamestop looked deep into their black hearts and decided to charge $25 for this, in a way it is a deal. With Prime or some filler, it's the best deal going.

But whatever you do, don't buy this at Gamestop!!!

Is the only bundle for the Zapper the Zelda bundle? If not, then I fear this might be a zapper-only bundle. If there's only one bundle then I suppose they just didn't update it yet.

There's only one way to buy the Zapper, and that's with Zelda Crossbow Training, it comes in every package.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']There's only one way to buy the Zapper, and that's with Zelda Crossbow Training, it comes in every package.[/QUOTE]
True. And the description on the Amazon page says "Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training." So it's definitely bundled with the game.

Hmm...how many Wii guns are out right now?

Are there 3rd party ones available? And what's their price?

I'm still trying to figure out why they point at certain games and say they are wii zapper compatible. Since its a piece of plastic to insert the remote into wouldn't all games work...

[quote name='kjauburn']I'm still trying to figure out why they point at certain games and say they are wii zapper compatible. Since its a piece of plastic to insert the remote into wouldn't all games work...[/QUOTE]

Not if they are designed for the Wiimote and Nunchuk to operate independently.

[quote name='kjauburn']I'm still trying to figure out why they point at certain games and say they are wii zapper compatible. Since its a piece of plastic to insert the remote into wouldn't all games work...[/quote]Depends on the hand configuration I guess. Supposedly the button layout of some games just wouldn't make sense with the zapper. I haven't looked into it at all, but that's what I have figured.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Not if they are designed for the Wiimote and Nunchuk to operate independently.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. A lot of games you have to move the Wiimote and nunchuck seperately--like Zelda and Metroid, as it uses the motion sensors in each independently.

Probably hard to use any buttons in play aside form the nunchuck trigger to shoot when they are in the Zapper shell anyway.

Pretty much will be limited to simple shooters, on rails games etc.

Does anyone know if I preorder this now and my prime trial runs out before this is shipped whether or not I'll get charged for shipping?

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does anyone know if I preorder this now and my prime trial runs out before this is shipped whether or not I'll get charged for shipping?[/QUOTE]
no, you won't be charged for shipping.

[quote name='ananag112']Why does this cost $20? Its just a plastic shell...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just a crappy plastic shell. I wish it was a real gun that had some other properties to it. It's pretty cheesy. You don't even need it to play. It's almost like Wii Play. Nintendo is goading you to buy some cheesy game demos by packaging it with an extra Wiimote. I'm sorry to say I bit. In this case, they are forcing a sorry "peripheral" on you to play the Zelda shooting game.

Wow, I haven't been following the Wii Zapper at all lately, and had no idea that it had Link's Crossbow Training. Pretty good for only $20, but I don't understand something. The original Zapper was meant for Duck Hunt, and they know that nowadays, Duck Hunt is not a full experience for a game. So why wouldn't they just bundle a new Duck Hunt this this, and boost the price up to $30? I would buy that the day it came out...

Oh and I don't considering the shooting game in Wii Play an equivalent to Duck Hunt.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']hmm ebgames is charging $25 for this
Wonder if amazon will be raising their price[/QUOTE]

No, the retail is 19.99, EB is just a bitch company that feels they have the right to tack on an extra 5.00 to popular games because they know that people are willing to pay it instead of getting back in their car and going to another store. That's why so many DS games come at at 34.99 there and 29.99 otherplaces.

I, for one, have gotten back in my car and went somewhere else. Principle of it, it's a disgusting practice.

Oooh, I didn't know that you can preorder the Zapper on amazon now. Since I got a bunch of stuff I want to buy from amazon, I'll probably get this as well so I don't have to look for it in stores or pay tax.

[quote name='Troz1820']The $24.99 price is via Target. Amazon doesn't have the preorder available via them anymore.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, only available from Target now (and for EB's inflated price).

I missed out on the pre-order, too. I was trying to see if I could still get the $17.99 price that showed up in my Quick Picks. For some reason that offer expired 7 EST, even though the wording implies the Gold Box deals are good for the entire day. Guess I should have put my in preorder, while I was awaiting Amazon's reply.

Edit: I just remembered someone mention sears having them for $19. I wonder if they offer free in-store pickup.

[quote name='zerowing'] Sears.com has this with 99 cent shipping right now.[/quote]

Awesome find! Even though I want it on release day, I'm in for 1.

Thanks

Price jumped $5, eh? I hope that isn't permanent. I thought about ordering one of these but couldn't justify it until there's a game I actually want to play with it out. Also, I'd want 2...so hopefully they release some sort of double pack with a discount.

These will probably be a hot ticket item this Christmas, just like everything else with the Wii logo on it. If anything, I think the Wii lines this year will be longer than last year.

[quote name='Alphant']Am I the only one who thinks the zapper is useless?[/quote]

No, you're not the only one. I would only want to get this for the Zelda Crossbow Training game.

Thanks, I jumped in on ordering this with Sears...since they still have it for $19.99 with $0.99 shipping. Also, FW has 5% cashback for Sears. =P

I see the Wii becomming an amazing system for games like Ghost Squad and RE:UC. The Zapper seems like a necessary purchase for that arcade like aspect that we all dig. I'm sure the bonus game will make a nice coster as well, I'm sold.

While the Zapper may ultimately prove to be useless, at least it helps to promote rail shooters. It's a genre with a special place in my heart, and the Wii is the perfect system for them.

[quote name='dank']does it only work with certain games???[/quote]

Do you even own a Wii or have read anything here?!

And everyone knows it's a pointless add-on, but there is a shity Zelda demo so people will buy it.

I fail to see how the zapper shell is pointless.

It may not have any affect on how the games play, but neither do different console colors, GHIII faceplates, alternate costumes for characters, etc.

Some people like the arcade feel of having a gun-shaped object to shoot things with, and a little remote just doesn't cut it for me.

I can't imagine playing Duck Hunt by pointing my NES controller's side at the screen and shooting. It wouldn't have been the same without the original Zapper.

To each his own. People aren't buying it just because it comes with a "new" Zelda game. Sure, I wouldn't pay 20 some dollars for it if it hadn't come packed with some sort of game, but I could care less that it's a Zelda game.

bread's done
Back