WiiFit availability tracking

thank you so much. I was a moron and didn't preorder this, thinking I could get it on launch day like other titles. It never crossed my mind that the game would have a slower print run due to the accessory bundled with it. Oh well.

[quote name='hurley7715']truckloads at the nintendo store in nyc today , this was around 1 ish[/QUOTE]

That's funny, Gamespot is reporting that they sold out at the NYC store in an hour.

costco had the wii fits today for $79.99, they probably sold like hotcakes at that price. i am still waiting on amazon for mines, should be here tomorrow.

went to cc and bought 2 but what was weird is that they only had about 18 only in stock (for the general public) im guessing they had the rest in the back for preorders.

Went later on the day to purchase something and they were out of stock.

I have one on order from JR.com, but I went to Kmart at 11:30 and there was only one guy in line with 17 total in stock. I went to Walmart after that around 12:15 and they still had 35 Wii Fits and 20 Wiis. I bought two Wii Fits and a Wii from them. I guess its not as big as I thought in my area. Wiis are getting very easy to get now too.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']That's funny, Gamespot is reporting that they sold out at the NYC store in an hour.[/quote]

def bs, i work around the corner from there and while there was a long time, i saw multiple stacks behind the cash register on the first floor next to the demo stations

every blockbuster is supposed to get 2 copies. They were recieved either wed or thur depending on the stores delivery schedule. Preorders were not allowed so they should be fair game.

They are selling out? I just walked into Costco today around 5pm PST and they had about 15 left at $79.99/each. Sams (Across the street) had 8 at $84.99/each

Here in Northern Pittsburgh (Cranberry) they were sold out at Walmart target and Best Buy by 12:30 Wednesday. I picked up the last one at Toys r us. When I went to costco, I was surprised to see about 20 left, though they seemed to be runing out fast.

Target was sold out at 8:10 am (10 min. after they opened, and I saw a wide variety of people buying them), so I went to a Wal*Mart down the street a few minutes later and got the last one.

Targets had endcaps full today.
craiglisters were trying to scalp.
I want one...but it;s a WORKOUT game...! lol I predict $50 ones on craigslist in less than a month....

i went to target at 10:45am and there were about 10 wii fits left on the endcap and 2 wii consoles in the glass case. i was really surprised since i thought they were going to be sold out by the time i got there. a couple of hours later i went back and all the wii fits and the wii console were gone. i spoke to the electronics person and she said that they had 96 wii fits today and they all sold out. they also had 56 wii consoles on sunday.

[quote name='sasukekun']They are selling out? I just walked into Costco today around 5pm PST and they had about 15 left at $79.99/each. Sams (Across the street) had 8 at $84.99/each[/quote]

yeah, they're selling out and fetching around $150 on ebay.

[quote name='sasukekun']They are selling out? I just walked into Costco today around 5pm PST and they had about 15 left at $79.99/each. Sams (Across the street) had 8 at $84.99/each[/QUOTE]

Um yeah, our Costcos both sold out by 12:30 pm.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']yeah, they're selling out and fetching around $150 on ebay.[/quote]

That is insane, people really must want a workout. My gamecrazy had at least 10 in stock today but I really don't want to spend the money right now. They even had PS3 GTA IV Special Editions that people didn't pick up. I guess people around here like being fat. :lol:

[quote name='rockwhore']every blockbuster is supposed to get 2 copies. They were recieved either wed or thur depending on the stores delivery schedule. Preorders were not allowed so they should be fair game.[/QUOTE]

Except for those of us who were able to preorder (picked mine up today) ;). But if someone is looking for one Blockbuster is a good place to check since most people don't think to buy hardware there. My Blockbuster has had Wiis in for about a month and no one knows about it I guess - 'cause they still have 'em. I'm not sure how many Wii Fits they had - probably just the 2 like you said. I know I saw 2 behind the counter when I picked mine up at 1pm. I'm pretty sure that was the first one they had sold.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']yeah, they're selling out and fetching around $150 on ebay.[/quote]

I got one at target at 8am yest. Used the $5 off >$25 toy coupon. Thanks for the coupon.

I think this one had lots of great marketing and a wide Wii base to sell to.

On a more scientific note: America is very obese... so I'm happy to see it's popular and hopefully people actually use it... A LOT.

I tried to buy one at my local dirty hole Kmart, but as usual they had no employees in the electronics section to open the case. They even had 2 Wiis there.

I asked an employee to open the case and he tried to use the phone and was unsuccessful. He said he would find someone and I gave up after 5 minutes of standing in the ghost town.

You can see why they still have Wiis. I imagine their sales could increase if they actually staffed the electronics section.

I had some groceries though and so I went through the checkout. The cashier asked me, "Did you find everything ok?"

I replied, "No. I tried to buy a game, but I didn't get any help to open the case."

She says, "Oh I'm sorry. That happens. People go on break you know."

She keeps feigning concern, but of course she never offers to get the game for me or have the game picked up and brought to the checkout lane. No!!

I didn't bother asking her because I have 2 kids with me including a 1 1/2 yr old. I don't want to wait 15 minutes for them to find the one person in the store that can open the cabinet.

I almost never go to this Kmart for this reason even though it's the closest place to me. IT's really a pit too. Just dirty and old.

Ah well I'll go to CostCo today instead. I need some food supplies there too anyway.

OH and yeah from what I read Nintendo pumped $40 million into marketing WiiFit. You know it's going to be huge.

I guess they need to do that to reach a bigger audience and because they want widespread adoption of a peripheral that will be used in many other games.

[quote name='trip1eX']OH and yeah from what I read Nintendo pumped $40 million into marketing WiiFit. You know it's going to be huge.

I guess they need to do that to reach a bigger audience and because they want widespread adoption of a peripheral that will be used in many other games.[/quote]

Thats what i am waiting for. I couldnt justify spending 89 dollars until i know that there are going to be other quality games that use the board.

P.S. I work at sams club at 5am to 1pm and when we opened one man came in and bought 14 of our 25 wiifit and flat out said that he was buying them to sell on ebay. I just wanted to hop onto my forklift and take him out but that was just the GTA 4 still running through me

[quote name='derekj37']Thats what i am waiting for. I couldnt justify spending 89 dollars until i know that there are going to be other quality games that use the board.

P.S. I work at sams club at 5am to 1pm and when we opened one man came in and bought 14 of our 25 wiifit and flat out said that he was buying them to sell on ebay. I just wanted to hop onto my forklift and take him out but that was just the GTA 4 still running through me[/QUOTE]

Damn, talk about excessive. I would have thought most stores would put a limit on how many you can purchase. Ah well, the joys of a free economy I suppose.

[quote name='mkernan']Damn, talk about excessive. I would have thought most stores would put a limit on how many you can purchase. Ah well, the joys of a free economy I suppose.[/quote]

Really, most places have a "no reseller" policy, or so I thought. What a douche. Somebody should have winged him with their car when he was walking through the parking lot.

In the 10 or so minutes I was in Kmart looking at clearance deals, three parents asked if they had Wii Fit. (the irony that the store had a Wii but people now are hunting for Fits) I feel bad for these parents who probably had to jump through hoops to find a Wii and now are driving themselves crazy trying to find a Wii Fit. Nintendo is a marketing genius, IMO. I'm sure eBay loves it too ...

my bestbuy sold out within minutes of opening. they only got 9 in, and i was 6th in line, with 20 people lined up behind me. i was the youngest one there

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I have one on order from JR.com, but I went to Kmart at 11:30 and there was only one guy in line with 17 total in stock. I went to Walmart after that around 12:15 and they still had 35 Wii Fits and 20 Wiis. I bought two Wii Fits and a Wii from them. I guess its not as big as I thought in my area. Wiis are getting very easy to get now too.[/quote]

Kmart was odd reliable for me this time. Not a typo

It is always a toss up whether a Kmart around here will get a system/game in on release day. If they do, usually there is no line.

My EB games is supposedly getting some in tomorrow.

Oh, and my local Best Buy sold out of Wii Fit in 2 minutes yesterday. Assholes taking more than one pissing me off so I didn't get one.

The wife really thinks we want one so we'll try and find one this weekend.
Anyone recall seeing any in the N Portland or Vancouver area?

Actually,the Average now is around $135-140 (featured listing) SHIPPED. Not much profit at all. I also noticed sellers who do not use Featured Listing, get like $125 and less, shipped. Seen one go for $118 today shipped. Thing to note as well, you have to hope your buyer is legit too.

Wii fit is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. I can't believe people are willing to stand on a platform and pretend your playing sports.

Yoga DVD's sell for less than $10, and I'm sure they have way more intense poses.

Jogging in place? Are you kidding me!?

I have a DDR game and playing that for 15 minutes, I'm sweating my ass off. And I'm pretty sure it has a weight loss program in included in it.

I can't believe this is selling so well.

[quote name='io']Except for those of us who were able to preorder (picked mine up today) ;). But if someone is looking for one Blockbuster is a good place to check since most people don't think to buy hardware there. My Blockbuster has had Wiis in for about a month and no one knows about it I guess - 'cause they still have 'em. I'm not sure how many Wii Fits they had - probably just the 2 like you said. I know I saw 2 behind the counter when I picked mine up at 1pm. I'm pretty sure that was the first one they had sold.[/quote]

i would second this idea of going to Blockbuster, especially smaller ones. I went to a smaller one in less populated area and they had like 6 wii in stock.

[quote name='sp00ge']Really, most places have a "no reseller" policy, or so I thought. What a douche. Somebody should have winged him with their car when he was walking through the parking lot.[/quote]

Sam's is a warehouse store, so alot of people buy things there to do just that, resell, it doesn't matter what it is, a video game or soda, that's what that store is for, that's why they have business members.

Ebay prices are rock bottom right now. I feel bad for the people who bought a bunch for ebay. They are barely getting 105 shipped. All the greedy people flooded ebay making it more like a major retailer and making Wii Fit not "rare" at all. Heck, even Wii consoles are really low on ebay now.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Ebay prices are rock bottom right now. I feel bad for the people who bought a bunch for ebay. They are barely getting 105 shipped. All the greedy people flooded ebay making it more like a major retailer and making Wii Fit not "rare" at all. Heck, even Wii consoles are really low on ebay now.[/quote]

Not sure why most of these people use ebay to buy things like Wii, and Wii Fit,
I got a Wii a week after release, just called TRU in Times Square NY and ordered it over the phone, could have gotten more than one if I wanted to, but didn't. Walked into GS yesterday and got a Wii Fit, there was only one person in the store besides me and the employee. Surprising what a little homework will do for you.

I went to Walmart on my lunch break yesterday, they sold out that morning :shock:
I went to Gamestop in the same plaza and they had like 4 of them just sittin there, so I picked one up.

:shrug:

So I guess Gamestop might be a better place to find these, since everyone's mother is going to Wal-Mart or Target :lol:

Costco sold out within an hour. Most like the one got is is the business member who can go the the store one hour earlier. I managed to buy 2 from costco. One for me and one for my friend.

My mom was working at Costco as an independent vendor.
She saw the Wii fit come in on a giant cart. About 50 she said. She said before it even got to the shelves it was practically sold out. Luckily she's a typical "mom" and decides to buy any game that has a cool cover or has hype.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']
I have a DDR game and playing that for 15 minutes, I'm sweating my ass off. And I'm pretty sure it has a weight loss program in included in it.

[/quote]

15 minutes. That's sad. Takes me hours to break a sweat on expert.

If I were you, I'd consider purchasing Wii Fit - apparently you need it, lol.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Wii fit is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. I can't believe people are willing to stand on a platform and pretend your playing sports.

Yoga DVD's sell for less than $10, and I'm sure they have way more intense poses.

I can't believe this is selling so well.[/quote]

I've played with it for a day.
First, it's not that expensive. 50$ for a game (it has lots of minigames, decent price), and then the balance board is 40$ (30$ at costco) which is not bad for a bluetooth digital scale that can track your weight; a set of bathroom digitals would cost more and they're not as accurate. This is not too expensive in my book, unlike Rock Band and GH3 (yay, plastic drums).

As for the games, you'd be surprised. One of the great things that it does is that in all games (not just balance) it tracks your center of mass and your balance. I'm a skier and balance is one of my problems. Being able to train my balance in the off season is great.

[quote name='McNutsack']15 minutes. That's sad. Takes me hours to break a sweat on expert.

If I were you, I'd consider purchasing Wii Fit - apparently you need it, lol.[/quote]

I think I'm gonna have to call BS....I've been playing since back in 99 and I've yet to see anyone play constantly on expert (oni courses or non-stop modes) for 30 minutes not start to sweat. Unless of course if you play it in a big meat freezer....

[quote name='io']Except for those of us who were able to preorder (picked mine up today) ;). But if someone is looking for one Blockbuster is a good place to check since most people don't think to buy hardware there. My Blockbuster has had Wiis in for about a month and no one knows about it I guess - 'cause they still have 'em. I'm not sure how many Wii Fits they had - probably just the 2 like you said. I know I saw 2 behind the counter when I picked mine up at 1pm. I'm pretty sure that was the first one they had sold.[/quote]

This is true, but some people in my area are starting to realize blockbuster is carrying hardware. At this point Blockbuster is probably the surest bet to get a copy today. The third blockbuster I called had 1 Wii Fit left . The others were sold out or were holding them for pre orders. A couple others said they get shipments on Friday. It seems to me like the smaller blockbusters told me they'd get them Friday and the bigger GR ones started selling them today.

Why does every wii fit thread have to have some douchebag telling people wii fit is no good and that they could just go run outside or buy some yoga DVDs?

if you don't want a wii fit, why are you in this thread? fucking people.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Wii fit is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. I can't believe people are willing to stand on a platform and pretend your playing sports.

I can't believe this is selling so well.[/quote]

Thanks for your input. I was wondering whether you could believe that Wii Fit is selling well.

The amusing thing is that I'm betting that you're willing to sit on your ass and hold a gamepad while pretending to play sports or be a soldier.

Wii Fit is pretty fun, including the Guitar hero-like step exercise. That one drove the wife crazy.

[quote name='McNutsack']15 minutes. That's sad. Takes me hours to break a sweat on expert.

If I were you, I'd consider purchasing Wii Fit - apparently you need it, lol.[/quote]
What an incredibly asinine post.

I found one Wii Fit at my local Sears Grand tonight; they were just putting it out, and a clerk commented that it had just come in today. I figured Sears Grand is a good place to look, because at least in my case, no one ever goes there.

bread's done
Back