WiiFit availability tracking

[quote name='dolemite']I'm on the fence about buying this. Is it worth it?[/quote]

No, unless you just want to follow the rest of the crowd that is partially buying this because everybody else is. You know, Johnny has to have this because he wants to be cool ;)

Here is what will happen:

1. Johnny buys Wii fit thinking he is all cool because he has something that is out of stock everywhere

2. Johnny boots up the wii fit game thinking he is going to lose weight (finally found a reason to tell mom that videogames are good!)

3. Johnny plays for 30 minutes and does not care about Wii fit so instead he plays Mario Kart.

4. Wii fit sits in the living room for a week until he decides to put in the closet where it will sit until he sells it on ebay or gives it away.

The end :lol:

[quote name='genfuyung']Well obviously this game wont put more time into the day but it definitely makes you want to play. I think that this game is the motivation a lot of people need. Imo exercise is boring and thats the reason a lot of people dont like excercising. But this is a game that gives you goals, the trainer gives you positive reinforcement, and every aspect of it is charted.[/quote]

All good things, hopefully it will benefit the people that play it. =D

Why so much hate for this thing?

It lists for 40$ above the price of a game, for a fairly unique controller that doubles as a digital scale and can sense your weight distribution X times a sec. You paid that much happily for plastic guitars and drums.

Wii Fit is a "game" in the same way Brain Age and Brain Age 2 are "games".
That is to say that the software isn't for you, the "hardcore", the type that's going to refer to good games as "AAA" titles or play Guitar Hero and Rock Band for high scores that they can post on YouTube.

The software is another branch on the Nintendo "let's get everybody to play games" tree. As such, it's critic-proof and EB Games nerd-proof and CAG-proof. No matter what you all are going to say (just like the thousands of "hardcore" game nerds that post on message boards about saying that Wii is a waste), Wii Fit is going to sell millions and will probably be in the Top-10 of software sales for this year, alongside GTA IV, Metal Gear, Smash Bros, Madden, Kart, and Wii Play, just to name half of the chart.

Oh, and as for availability, I was able to go to a Gamestop (albeit a "wrong side of the tracks" Gamestop, where the neighborhood is primarily occupied by ultra poor dayworkers and police are arresting someone in the strip mall where it is located for drugs and shoplifting (and I highly doubt people actually go to this Gamestop)) on Saturday afternoon, and bought it with no problems. This is on Long Island, and this very same Gamestop probably still has some available today.

I went to the store today and bought 1, they were available in both gamestop and Target at least 20 per store that i saw. I bought 1 for the family also picked up wii ski, hopefully it will be good.

Picked one up at a target in Northern Cali- 2 left on the shelf as of an hour and a half ago. (Thanks to those who posted about target earlier too)

[quote name='ericseat']Sigh. Still impossible to find in northern VA.[/quote]

Keep checking the Target tracker, and maybe the Walmart, but the WM checker has never been accurate.

Hoping BBV gets the rest of their "initial shipment" in tomorrow... I guess we'll see if they call me, like they promised.

[quote name='fshaia']Keep checking the Target tracker, and maybe the Walmart, but the WM checker has never been accurate.[/quote]

I don't think the Target one is all that accurate either. Target's website says Wii Fit's available at a store near me, but I called and an associate there said that information is incorrect.

Maybe already discussed... People are buying those WiiFits for flipping profits. The Wii shortage has taught them this. Personally, i'm fed up with this. I want one, but couldn't get one from BB (the $10 coupon), so i gave up. I'm not gonna pay a dime more than it suppose to cost. If i can't get that, so be it, it's not like i don't have other things to do (almost a blessing for not being able to get one).

If something that's not limited or collector edition, i don't think it's a deal just trying to tell people it's in stock. Anyhow, no ill intention toward this thread, but a word or two for those people trying to get one at scalping prices, please don't! Chances are, not CAGs buying, but CAGs scalping...

seeing a lot of complaints in this thread and just wanna say... fitness is not such a bad thing guys. who care's if this isn't a traditional game? it's just a way to get you thinking about your health and i commend Nintendo for that.

on my own, I've lost 70 lbs over the past year and a half.. no drugs, no trainers,.. just a little research, a little exercise, and a shift in my diet(which comes very naturally.. believe it or not).. so I don't *need* Wii fit.. i can keep doing what i'm doing and I'll continue to lose weight(and i intend to), but even I'm picking it up for rainy days when i can't go running, to have at least a little fun, and to better help me track my progress.

and hey.. if you really don't like the idea of it... just don't buy. don't even discuss it. spend your time in more positive ways.

Anyone happen to catch it at etoys a min ago?

That was QUICK.

I had it in the cart but pop - out it went.

... I got the alert and went on - there it was.. Oh well. :) Teach me not to use an autoform filler-outter!

At least I got the alert.

I just happened to see a copy of Wii Fit on behind customer service where they put the items for people to pick up after purchase my way out of Circuit City after buying Saints Row. I asked if they actually had any in stock. That was the last one so I snagged it. The wife and I enjoy it. It is not going to make me lose weight, but I will more conscience of my weight and balance. Plus the few true "games" included are fun.

On a side note the Wal-Marts in my area did not even get Wii Fit in until this weekend for some reason so there are a few on the shelves.

These things are sold out not even ten minutes after being put up. I think it's safe to say that this is going to last for awhile.

Damn....I just called all my gamestops and they are all out of stock and dont even know when they are getting them. Plus I am going to have to call like every day cause they said they get shipments monday-friday. uhh, I hate when there is something like this....and half the people that get it just put it on ebay. O well, I guess I will just keep calling Gamestop since I have like 40 bucks in credit there.

Saw a half-dozen at the Target in Fullerton (1893 W Malvern Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833) this morning. Not a lot of people there, but as I finished browsing the toy area, I saw a woman walk out with one...

--R.J.

P.S. Went back three hours later and they're all gone. Figures. ;)

[quote name='ecrotty']zooLert said its in at target.com - and as of this writing, it is! :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw it in stock from Target on Amazon's page, and I just placed my order. Hopefully, it goes through.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that most of the wii fit auctions on ebay are ending around $125 including shipping. Why are the speculators bothering?
$89.99 + tax + shipping + eBay fees + paypal fees +gasoline/time has to be damn near break even. Am I missing something? I would certainly not go through all of that trouble for a $5-$10 profit per game.

[quote name='elburritobandito']The thing that strikes me as odd is that most of the wii fit auctions on ebay are ending around $125 including shipping. Why are the speculators bothering?
$89.99 + tax + shipping + eBay fees + paypal fees +gasoline/time has to be damn near break even. Am I missing something? I would certainly not go through all of that trouble for a $5-$10 profit per game.[/quote]

Powersellers are getting between 160 and 190 but using the ebay fee calculator if someone sells it for 120 they stand to make 15 dollars profit after all the fees. That doesnt include gas and the pain in the ass of actually finding one to sell online. I bought one and thought about selling it but curiosity got the better of me and Im glad because I love this game.

To those of you who ordered from Newegg last night, what is the status of your orders? I pre-ordered mine in January, with the same item number as in the link provided above, and it's still on hold. I spoke with a support rep yesterday, and they had no idea (or at least wouldn't say) when they would be able to fill the order.

Mine said "Status: Step 3 - Your credit/debit card has been successfully charged. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order." Ordered on 5/28/08 at 12:01 AM PST.

Thanks. I'm doing the online chat thing with a rep now, but they're still sticking to the "this item is not available at this time" line. It's frustrating because my wife is in NYC on business and is willing to pick one up at the Nintendo World Store, but I'd rather she not have to pay for tax and the cost of shipping it back here.

[quote name='elburritobandito']The thing that strikes me as odd is that most of the wii fit auctions on ebay are ending around $125 including shipping. Why are the speculators bothering?
$89.99 + tax + shipping + eBay fees + paypal fees +gasoline/time has to be damn near break even. Am I missing something? I would certainly not go through all of that trouble for a $5-$10 profit per game.[/quote]

Shipping is ~17.50 (even more when overnight is promised), eBay fees are ~10.00 (listing and FVF), gas is around $14.00 after driving to store and P.O., paypal fees are ~7.50. Most people will wind up going into the red without realizing it.

Scalpers are drawn to the allure of making a quick buck, but they never take into account all the fees associated with eBay selling. Craigslits scalpers, however, are making off pretty well (assuming they are actually selling on craigslist).

For everyone searching for this game. I had a really easy time finding it at a Blockbuster on the way home from class. They will probably be your best bet for finding the game.

Did anyone get the option for faster shipping with target? I ordered one a few days ago when they were in stock, and I could only choose standard.

[quote name='amishler']To those of you who ordered from Newegg last night, what is the status of your orders? I pre-ordered mine in January, with the same item number as in the link provided above, and it's still on hold. I spoke with a support rep yesterday, and they had no idea (or at least wouldn't say) when they would be able to fill the order.[/QUOTE]

I just got a email from Newegg saying they were backordered and they were canceling my order

[quote name='uli2000']I just got a email from Newegg saying they were backordered and they were canceling my order[/quote]
Same with me. It's a shame too, because I used to really like Newegg. :cry: What's happened to them? New management or something?

Yeah, Newegg screwed up on this one. I pre-ordered Wii Fit from them back in Sept. On Friday, the they processed my credit card. On Tuesday, they cancelled the order.

I called and complain and they offered $15 off my next order. So definitely do that if you get hosed. At least it's something.

I'm still waiting to see if my order from Target (through Amazon) will still go through. For some reason, it's supposed to take 2 days before it actually ships. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow if my order goes through or not.

I was trying to access my account on Newegg to see if they cancelled my order from the night of the 27th, and I just got an email with a tracking number and expected arrival of June 2nd. So I guess some people got lucky and had their orders from that night go through.

[quote name='Smiley79']I'm still waiting to see if my order from Target (through Amazon) will still go through. For some reason, it's supposed to take 2 days before it actually ships. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow if my order goes through or not.[/quote]

Don't worry it will ship. Mine took two days as well, and it shipped Tues. night.

bread's done
Back