WiiFit availability tracking

Thanks Walmart! :D

10oqr0h.jpg

[quote name='utopianmachine']I hope you're not a reseller.[/quote]

Why? What the hell does it matter to you?

[quote name='EKen9']Why? What the hell does it matter to you?[/QUOTE]

It matters to alot of people or did somebody on CAG already mention "Capitalism FTW" already :roll: More and more resellers invading CAG I take it.

i was finally able to buy this thing
went to the best buy this sunday and was just in time to get one
but when i was in a rush to get there, i forgot to take my best buy coupon $10 off $75 :(

[quote name='carro']i was finally able to buy this thing
went to the best buy this sunday and was just in time to get one
but when i was in a rush to get there, i forgot to take my best buy coupon $10 off $75 :([/QUOTE]

Take your receipt to customer service, I did that with one of my Wii Fit's that I got at Best Buy.

[quote name='DiscLizard']Take your receipt to customer service, I did that with one of my Wii Fit's that I got at Best Buy.[/quote]
so just take my receipt and the coupon? i dont need to bring the actual item?

[quote name='carro']so just take my receipt and the coupon? i dont need to bring the actual item?[/QUOTE]
Yes, don't need to bring the actual item, otherwise they think you're returning back for refund.

They are not hard to get, got one from the TRU in Flushing over the weekend. Used the $10 off $50 coupon... Played for about three hours and bored (pretty much). The actual exercises are hard to do due to space and TV setup problems.

[quote name='Serpentor']They are not hard to get, got one from the TRU in Flushing over the weekend. Used the $10 off $50 coupon... Played for about three hours and bored (pretty much). The actual exercises are hard to do due to space and TV setup problems.[/quote]

Hadn't heard about that one. A link or a scan please...

[quote name='utopianmachine']I hope you're not a reseller.[/QUOTE]
He already has them on eBay if it hasnt ended already. Look at the auctions forum. You think he's going to keep that many for himself? Obviously, he's going to resell them.

Seriously, with today's economy, cost of gas and college tuition and food, I dont blame people for reselling. Its extra money. Who denies profit? Thats like you finding a $10 bill. You going to call the cops and turn it in? Or walk around the streets asking people if it is theres?

[quote name='Serpentor']They are not hard to get, got one from the TRU in Flushing over the weekend. Used the $10 off $50 coupon... Played for about three hours and bored (pretty much). The actual exercises are hard to do due to space and TV setup problems.[/QUOTE]

They are still hard to get. Locally, I haven't been as lucky as many have been. As soon as they surface, they're gone around here.

[quote name='iazybandit']He already has them on eBay if it hasnt ended already. Look at the auctions forum. You think he's going to keep that many for himself? Obviously, he's going to resell them.

Seriously, with today's economy, cost of gas and college tuition and food, I dont blame people for reselling. Its extra money. Who denies profit? Thats like you finding a $10 bill. You going to call the cops and turn it in? Or walk around the streets asking people if it is theres?[/quote]

:roll: If it's on the street ask the nearest few people. If it's in a restaurant give it to the waiter etc. I don't believe in ripping people off, it's not all about you know... And this isn't $10 we are talking about more like $60. If you found that would you keep it? Or would the higher amount be a greater incentive to think only of yourself?

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']:roll: If it's on the street ask the nearest few people. If it's in a restaurant give it to the waiter etc. I don't believe in ripping people off, it's not all about you know... And this isn't $10 we are talking about more like $60. If you found that would you keep it? Or would the higher amount be a greater incentive to think only of yourself?[/QUOTE]
After fees and shipping, profit is only $20-30. We're just taking advantage of the idiots on eBay who is willing to pay for the outrageous price. They rather pay these prices than go wait in line or leave their house. Its not us ripping them off, they're ripping themselves off.

Ask the nearest few people? You serious? You ask anyone and they'll either say no or yes. Those that say yes, probably didnt even drop it and just netted themselves $10 and probably think you're a sucker for giving it up when its not even theirs.

Just cuz you're honest in finding money and giving it to waiter, you think they'll give it to manager? They'll probably keep it for themselves. Had it been in a bank or something, different story.

are you crazy...I wish it didnt happen but he has what 5 in that picture, X 60 thats 300$, if I could do it I would too...but personally I think the resellers are also causing this shortage, if theres a demand theres gonna be people who supply it

for the rest of us who actually wants one we are just gonna have to wait, supply will catch up

and NO, if I found 10$ i would keep it or spend it, I wouldnt just GIVE it away....thats just crazy talk

[quote name='timmylamb']are you crazy...I wish it didnt happen but he has what 5 in that picture, X 60 thats 300$, if I could do it I would too...but personally I think the resellers are also causing this shortage, if theres a demand theres gonna be people who supply it

for the rest of us who actually wants one we are just gonna have to wait, supply will catch up

and NO, if I found 10$ i would keep it or spend it, I wouldnt just GIVE it away....thats just crazy talk[/QUOTE]
resellers is not the only one to blame for shortage. Nintendo is also to blame. Had they been able to produce more or instead of shipping what is suppose to be allocated to the US and ship off to overseas because of our weak dollar, there wouldnt be shortages. if resellers can easily find these to resell, a normal mom and dad can find it just as easy. Its a matter of timing when you walk into the store, which store and your location.

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']Hadn't heard about that one. A link or a scan please...[/quote]

Sorry, i don't have a scan and i don't think printing out scans will help. This is a $10 off $50 exclude diaper/hardware kind of coupon. I believe some CAGs posted this info in the TRU thread. It's one of those thin card thingy came in the mail.

Guys/gals, if you need one, just relax, you will find one, it's not that hard really. Don't pay anything more than you suppose to. If you think paying $10-$50 more than you suppose to, then you have your reasons, totally respect that.

I suppose to get this when it's first released, but BB sold out and i couldn't use the $10 coupon at all. Now, BB got another $10 coupon to with this, i didn't bother to use it, b/c i got the same deal in TRU. During the launch time and now, i didn't even notice that i need this badly! And no, it doesn't help you lose weight if you think the same way as buying college text books and flipping the pages right before exams...

[quote name='iazybandit']After fees and shipping, profit is only $20-30. We're just taking advantage of the idiots on eBay who is willing to pay for the outrageous price. They rather pay these prices than go wait in line or leave their house. Its not us ripping them off, they're ripping themselves off.

Ask the nearest few people? You serious? You ask anyone and they'll either say no or yes. Those that say yes, probably didnt even drop it and just netted themselves $10 and probably think you're a sucker for giving it up when its not even theirs.

Just cuz you're honest in finding money and giving it to waiter, you think they'll give it to manager? They'll probably keep it for themselves. Had it been in a bank or something, different story.[/quote]

Well, you make an effort to find out. The economy is tough and you think the other person won't miss it just as much as you're happy to find it?

And I'm guessing you've never been the 12th person in line and watched 4 people ahead of you buy 3 or more copies and then you don't end up getting a one - twice. I wouldn't wish that on you...

yep bandit i agree its not just the resellers causing this shortage, but just like any other game system if nintendo can cause this hype about their product its just like the xbox, the ps2, ps3 xbox 360 when they were released shortage big hype bigger sales...supply will catch up though

and lurker yes i've been there, wait in line for however long and watch people buy them all up and you end up 1 or 2 people short of getting one...yes it sucks which is why i dont do that anymore, screw lines...screw camping out for stuff...theres more important things to do

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']Well, you make an effort to find out. The economy is tough and you think the other person won't miss it just as much as you're happy to find it?

And I'm guessing you've never been the 12th person in line and watched 4 people ahead of you buy 3 or more copies and then you don't end up getting a one - twice. I wouldn't wish that on you...[/quote]

man, feel your pain... by the time get to you, no more for you, twice? wow, indeed sucks... That's pure greed right there. One can argue the people ahead were getting for their mama/papa/cousins etc., but still quite inconsiderate for the people behind the line. As to the store manager/cashier, doing nothing about this, it's sad too. Capitalism is great, but at your own risk. This thing is already priced at $90 w/o taxes and yet people stilling trying to get some money out of it. Well, i know scalpers/flippers won't see a dime from me, so good luck to them.

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']Well, you make an effort to find out. The economy is tough and you think the other person won't miss it just as much as you're happy to find it?

And I'm guessing you've never been the 12th person in line and watched 4 people ahead of you buy 3 or more copies and then you don't end up getting a one - twice. I wouldn't wish that on you...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='timmylamb']yep bandit i agree its not just the resellers causing this shortage, but just like any other game system if nintendo can cause this hype about their product its just like the xbox, the ps2, ps3 xbox 360 when they were released shortage big hype bigger sales...supply will catch up though

and lurker yes i've been there, wait in line for however long and watch people buy them all up and you end up 1 or 2 people short of getting one...yes it sucks which is why i dont do that anymore, screw lines...screw camping out for stuff...theres more important things to do[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serpentor']man, feel your pain... by the time get to you, no more for you, twice? wow, indeed sucks... That's pure greed right there. One can argue the people ahead were getting for their mama/papa/cousins etc., but still quite inconsiderate for the people behind the line. As to the store manager/cashier, doing nothing about this, it's sad too. Capitalism is great, but at your own risk. This thing is already priced at $90 w/o taxes and yet people stilling trying to get some money out of it. Well, i know scalpers/flippers won't see a dime from me, so good luck to them.[/QUOTE]
To respond to the line issue and people in front of you. No I havent had that problem. Why? Stores usually tell you that they're limiting ONE per household. If you're waiting in line, usually workers here will count up until the last one or so and tell the rest that there is no more. Those who stay is up to them and if they're lucky they might find a box in the back somewhere or something.

Obviously, by now with all these shortages since the PS2 launch, stores should know how to handle these situations especially when it comes to items that are in short supply. All stores that I went to to pick up Wii's or Wii Fits, they only limited 1 per person. Except for a Best Buy that let me pick up 2 Wii's so as long I used two different credit cards because they received a lot in the store that one time.

Supply and demand. Short supply means skyrocketed prices. Economics 101. Supply will catch up but when? Its been almost 2 years since Wii's launch and its hard to find. Lately, its been on shelves. They wont get a dime from you but they'll find another sucker to sell to. A sucker is born every minute. Not to mention, parents/gamers will do anything to get their hands on it. Parents spoil their kids by paying outrageous prices or camping out...gamers wanting to be the first to own it/play it so people can envy them. Society has changed since the PlayStation/NES/SNES era.

[quote name='iazybandit']To respond to the line issue and people in front of you. No I havent had that problem. Why? Stores usually tell you that they're limiting ONE per household. If you're waiting in line, usually workers here will count up until the last one or so and tell the rest that there is no more. Those who stay is up to them and if they're lucky they might find a box in the back somewhere or something.

Obviously, by now with all these shortages since the PS2 launch, stores should know how to handle these situations especially when it comes to items that are in short supply. All stores that I went to to pick up Wii's or Wii Fits, they only limited 1 per person. Except for a Best Buy that let me pick up 2 Wii's so as long I used two different credit cards because they received a lot in the store that one time.

Supply and demand. Short supply means skyrocketed prices. Economics 101. Supply will catch up but when? Its been almost 2 years since Wii's launch and its hard to find. Lately, its been on shelves. They wont get a dime from you but they'll find another sucker to sell to. A sucker is born every minute. Not to mention, parents/gamers will do anything to get their hands on it. Parents spoil their kids by paying outrageous prices or camping out...gamers wanting to be the first to own it/play it so people can envy them. Society has changed since the PlayStation/NES/SNES era.[/quote]

:roll: Will you stop spouting your ideology and shut up already?! Gosh you'll find an excuse for anything; you want to profit and automatically you assume everybody who gets price gouged by you is someone stupid or ostentatious. Not everything is about competition. Sheesh we wouldn't be able to have this forum if people didn't come here and share deals and cooperate with each other.

To get back on topic, anybody else get that TRU coupon? Although I called up all the stores around here and none had the game anyway...

[quote name='iazybandit']resellers is not the only one to blame for shortage. Nintendo is also to blame. Had they been able to produce more or instead of shipping what is suppose to be allocated to the US and ship off to overseas because of our weak dollar, there wouldnt be shortages. if resellers can easily find these to resell, a normal mom and dad can find it just as easy. Its a matter of timing when you walk into the store, which store and your location.[/QUOTE]

Retailers and resellers hold more blame than the manufacturer. If Nintendo wants to make a profit, that is their business... the whole reason they exist.

Resellers that snatch up more than their fair share with a limited supply are a pain, but if they can make a quick buck on some sucker, more power to them.

Retailers can limit purchases to one per customer/household/whatever, but when they let a whole shipment go to one person... well, that's discouraging to say the least. But, I took advantage of it, so I'm not that discouraged... a friend bought out one Wal-Mart's initial shipment and is selling them to friends, neighbors and a few on e-bay to the desperate suckers on line eagerly waiting to pay way too much.

[quote name='iazybandit']After fees and shipping, profit is only $20-30. We're just taking advantage of the idiots on eBay who is willing to pay for the outrageous price. They rather pay these prices than go wait in line or leave their house. Its not us ripping them off, they're ripping themselves off.

Just cuz you're honest in finding money and giving it to waiter, you think they'll give it to manager? They'll probably keep it for themselves. Had it been in a bank or something, different story.[/quote]

If it goes for 120 after gas, shipping, and fees the profit is around 15 dollars actually.

http://xkcd.com/186/

I think that comic sums up why the whole wii fit shortage/resellers thing is concerning to me. It is not that I don't have one that bothers me: it's that a large portion are being kept out of the hands of people that actually want to try it out by people that see this as an easy way get more money out of those people. My favorite part of gaming was the community. A bunch of amiable, dorky people coming together to have a good time playing and talking about games. Now when I show up to wait in line, those people seem few and far between. It's no longer psyched gamers and hard working parents getting up a ungodly hours to make sure that they or their loved ones get the chance to check out something new and fun, it's ebay powersellers who offer this retail item to only those "morons" who think nothing of a $70 markup because they're used to living a life where throwing extra money at things solves their problems. It's making trying to enjoy a new game stressful before you deal with cheap AI.

I have no right to judge but I definitely have the right to be disappointed because the community that I loved because it didn't get caught up in the bull I hated in my younger days is being tainted by the money=status garbage that makes so many peoples lives harder.

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']:roll: Will you stop spouting your ideology and shut up already?! Gosh you'll find an excuse for anything; you want to profit and automatically you assume everybody who gets price gouged by you is someone stupid or ostentatious. Not everything is about competition. Sheesh we wouldn't be able to have this forum if people didn't come here and share deals and cooperate with each other.

To get back on topic, anybody else get that TRU coupon? Although I called up all the stores around here and none had the game anyway...[/QUOTE]
Its a forum and I can say what I want. No rule saying I cant speak my opinion. Dont like it, dont read it. Simple as that. Its called facts. I didnt say anyone was stupid or ostentatious. Buyers decide their own what they want to spend. So dont go and blame resellers for shortages or price gauging. What I dont like is people who bitch about resellers. Whether it be Wii's, PS3, 360s, Wii Fit, you've done it one way or another whether it be video games, you getting a free product and selling or something else. Online or to friends.
[quote name='shajek']Retailers and resellers hold more blame than the manufacturer. If Nintendo wants to make a profit, that is their business... the whole reason they exist.

Resellers that snatch up more than their fair share with a limited supply are a pain, but if they can make a quick buck on some sucker, more power to them.

Retailers can limit purchases to one per customer/household/whatever, but when they let a whole shipment go to one person... well, that's discouraging to say the least. But, I took advantage of it, so I'm not that discouraged... a friend bought out one Wal-Mart's initial shipment and is selling them to friends, neighbors and a few on e-bay to the desperate suckers on line eagerly waiting to pay way too much.[/QUOTE]
I blame all parties. If a retailer doesnt limit shipment, its fair game but retailers know the demand for said product and should limit. I bet these retailers got many arguments and complaints for things like this to happen.
[quote name='genfuyung']If it goes for 120 after gas, shipping, and fees the profit is around 15 dollars actually.[/QUOTE]
Money is money. I wouldnt technically count gas considering you'll be going out to ship other package or on your way to work/school. Its going to be spent regardless. Fit costs $90 retail but with NY tax, its $98 ($100 rounded). Sell for $120 and you break even if not lose a couple bucks. Shipping via UPS Ground is about $10-18 depending on location. Listing, ending an PP fee is almost $12-20 already.

iazybandit - I think iNCREDiPiNOY posting - as a reseller - a picture of 5 Wii Fits on a thread specifically for "checking the availability" thread/sharing purchase locations for said item is like giving a finger to his fellow CAGs.

Maybe that wasn't his intention - perhaps he was just very happy and it's in a teasing kind of way - but I think it's that (possibly unintentional) disrepect to his fellow CAGs that's riling people up.

It's one thing if he posted it on the selling/trading forum, but this thread is for those people who are specifically looking for this particular item. His message + this location = not a good combination.

As a sidenote, iNCREDiPiNOY's picture is giving me flashbacks of my aunt's godawful furniture (coming from a Chinese family and all). That plastic covered couch thing is uncomfortable as hell...

Dude everybody shut up.... go start a "complain about resellers" thread somewhere. None of this junk has anything to do with helping people find Wii Fit. Sheesh.

Walked into best buy today and picked one up. Left two which were snatched up within 30 seconds. Haven't has any problem picking them up. ( I think that was the fifth I found locally plus one from Amazon) Kept one for my self, gave away one to my dad and sold 3 so far for $139.99 each. Going to list another tonight for the same price although prices seem to be rising to closer to $150 on a regular basis. I should clear $30-$35 on each one so I have paid for my copy and now I am getting the cost of the one I gave away covered. If the one from DDD ever shows up both copies will be taken care of.

[quote name='iazybandit']Its a forum and I can say what I want. No rule saying I cant speak my opinion. Dont like it, dont read it. Simple as that. Its called facts. So dont go and blame resellers for shortages or price gauging. What I dont like is people who bitch about resellers. Whether it be Wii's, PS3, 360s, Wii Fit, you've done it one way or another whether it be video games, you getting a free product and selling or something else. Online or to friends.
[/quote]

No it's off topic. Stop polluting this thread.

[quote name='iazybandit'] I didnt say anyone was stupid or ostentatious. Buyers decide their own what they want to spend.[/quote]

You wrote:

[quote name='iazybandit'] Its not us ripping them off, they're ripping themselves off.[/quote]
[quote name='iazybandit']they'll find another sucker to sell to. A sucker is born every minute.... Parents spoil their kids by paying outrageous prices or camping out...gamers wanting to be the first to own it/play it so people can envy them.[/quote]

:headache:

[quote name='greydt']iazybandit - I think iNCREDiPiNOY posting - as a reseller - a picture of 5 Wii Fits on a thread specifically for "checking the availability" thread/sharing purchase locations for said item is like giving a finger to his fellow CAGs.

Maybe that wasn't his intention - perhaps he was just very happy and it's in a teasing kind of way - but I think it's that (possibly unintentional) disrepect to his fellow CAGs that's riling people up.

It's one thing if he posted it on the selling/trading forum, but this thread is for those people who are specifically looking for this particular item. His message + this location = not a good combination.

As a sidenote, iNCREDiPiNOY's picture is giving me flashbacks of my aunt's godawful furniture (coming from a Chinese family and all). That plastic covered couch thing is uncomfortable as hell...[/QUOTE]

Was that 5 wii fits or five CASES of wii fit. Looked like the boxes had more than one wii fit in each.

[quote name='greydt']iazybandit - I think iNCREDiPiNOY posting - as a reseller - a picture of 5 Wii Fits on a thread specifically for "checking the availability" thread/sharing purchase locations for said item is like giving a finger to his fellow CAGs.

As a sidenote, iNCREDiPiNOY's picture is giving me flashbacks of my aunt's godawful furniture (coming from a Chinese family and all). That plastic covered couch thing is uncomfortable as hell...[/QUOTE]
I agree posting that was like insult to injury. Was wrong on his part.
[quote name='yetanotherlurker']No it's off topic. Stop polluting this thread.

You wrote:

:headache:[/QUOTE]
I could care less what you have to say anymore. You should take your own advise as well
[quote name='kklems']Was that 5 wii fits or five CASES of wii fit. Looked like the boxes had more than one wii fit in each.[/QUOTE]
Now that you mentioned it, it looks to be 5 cases for a total of 10. The boxes look the same size as they fit 2 per box and the white sticker on the side of the box.

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']Damn I still can't find one sadly.[/QUOTE]
Remember that the tracking provided in first post is online only. I stopped by Best Buy during lunch and saw someone walking out with one. Asked one of the workers to ask if they had anymore and they had 2 left. This was on a Monday. I dont know when Best Buy receives shipments but could of been left over from Sunday or new shipment that arrived that day.

[quote name='iazybandit']Remember that the tracking provided in first post is online only. I stopped by Best Buy during lunch and saw someone walking out with one. Asked one of the workers to ask if they had anymore and they had 2 left. This was on a Monday. I dont know when Best Buy receives shipments but could of been left over from Sunday or new shipment that arrived that day.[/quote]

Which bestbuy was that?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I suggest you to bookmark the RSS Feed, that way, you get it faster!

-Zoolert Moderator[/quote]

How many of those websites are no tax+free shipping? I think it's still cheaper to use the best buy $15 coupon - until the 19th anyway.

[quote name='yetanotherlurker']How many of those websites are no tax+free shipping? I think it's still cheaper to use the best buy $15 coupon - until the 19th anyway.[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to the $ off $75...the coupon is $10 off.

Buy.com/Amazon.com now charge tax for NYC =/

bread's done
Back