Wiimote Turning Yellow

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Basically my Wii remote turned yellow overnight. Not that drastically but the analogue stick, a side of the Wii mote and the cord that connects the USB nunchunk unit.

I was planning on buying it a cover but I didn't think it would happen that fast.

Anyway do you guys know of a way to clean it off or better yet a cheap and effective protection skin.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802576 This one seems to be my only alternative so far. Though it wouldn't stop the joystick from turning yellow.

Thank you for your time.

Technically its just a TINY almost hard to see yellow. I'm just that picky when it comes to my systems.

I think my grooming habits are not to blame. Though I did have a friend whose family smokes, come over and play. That might have been it.

6669 what gloves you talking about?

It may not be your cleanliness.

Do you leave your Wiimote somewhere where it gets a lot of sun? Sunlight and/or UV exposure can cause some plastics to discolor.

[quote name='blandstalker']It may not be your cleanliness.

Do you leave your Wiimote somewhere where it gets a lot of sun? Sunlight and/or UV exposure can cause some plastics to discolor.[/quote]

About time I start getting some more decent answers.

Ya this past week I have been leaving it in a very well lit area.

I think it mainly has to do with smokers getting by your system... None of my systems ever had sunlight, including my SNES, and noone in my family smokes nor does anyone who smokes or is around smoke plays my console. Yet I see lots of people's SNES' that are all yellow and gross! My one friend whos dad smokes has yellow stuff as well.

Don't think its the sun either...I had all my consoles in an extremely sunny room for years...and 2 of my friends had em in the basement and both are yellow.

[quote name='Spades22']I think it mainly has to do with smokers getting by your system... None of my systems ever had sunlight, including my SNES, and noone in my family smokes nor does anyone who smokes or is around smoke plays my console. Yet I see lots of people's SNES' that are all yellow and gross! My one friend whos dad smokes has yellow stuff as well.

Don't think its the sun either...I had all my consoles in an extremely sunny room for years...and 2 of my friends had em in the basement and both are yellow.[/quote]

My SNES yellowed, I think it is due to a certain batch of systems having different plastic.

[quote name='TimPV3']I was going to say if you leave it in the sun it will discolor, but if it happened overnight...[/quote]

Well I noticed it today. I'm going with the smoker's theory since my friend's family is heaving into smoking and some times he stinks of it. I was expecting it to get yellow in the coming months but not this fast.

Thanks for everybody that pitched in. I really wanted to get a black Wii too. NOt only would have it matched my PS2 and Cube but I wouldn't have to worry about it.

OOO and those ebay gloves are a real nice deal. Thanks.

i think you are just dirty, we play wii sports with a cig in one hand wiimote in the other hand all the time and no yellow. I got my system on launch day so im thinking if smoking is gonna yellow it it shouldve happened by now. just wash your hands or wipe them off when they are sweaty.

[quote name='DeathDealer']i think you are just dirty, we play wii sports with a cig in one hand wiimote in the other hand all the time and no yellow. I got my system on launch day so im thinking if smoking is gonna yellow it it shouldve happened by now. just wash your hands or wipe them off when they are sweaty.[/quote]

Cig in one hand and Wiimote in the other. Ha!

I'd love to see a Nintendo ad feature that. :D

Some of you guys are funny. I have had my Wii since launch day and it was perfectly clean. Just had some new people play it. So quit telling me that I'm not clean.

Either way, I'm a give that Mr. Clean a try..... but I'm just making a big deal over a slight yellowish appearence. I know that if I let it go on, it'll look ugly in a year or so.

I heard this is the case with the DS Lite too. I wouldnt' know as I dont own one.

My bedspread turned the cord on my nunchuk green. Too much playing Zelda in bed during winter break. Unfortunately, nothing seems to get the stain off.

[quote name='The Crotch']And I'm visiting this forum why, exactly? That got old in fucking December.[/QUOTE]

This is extremely ironic coming from a user named "The Crotch."

When I got the original Playstation years ago, I put my SNES in a box in the storage room in my basement. I pulled it out a few years later (long after the laser reader on the playstation quit working) to bring it to college and the top half of the SNES shell was all yellow. Everything else looked fine, but something in the plastic of the top piece decided to spoil on me. My wiimotes are fine so far except for the joysticks though.

bread's done
Back