Wii's at Target! Big display. YMMV

figcoinc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I wish I had a camera to show you guys but I walked into target today and there was a pile of Wiis put down. I mean maybe between 30-50 of them. I talked to the lady and she said that all the Targets nationally "should" be getting them at the same time. A part of some display thing.

Needless to say I picked one up so I am happy. Best to call or something to make sure. If they haven't sold out by now. :bouncy:

Why would knowing Wii's are available not be a video game deal? You would be buying a system to play 'video games' on.

He just said that because it isn't no cheaper than usual. A video game detail is something usually cheaper than retail. I admit though a wii is hard to find sometimes.

[quote name='jman619']He just said that because it isn't no cheaper than usual. A video game detail is something usually cheaper than retail. I admit though a wii is hard to find sometimes.[/QUOTE]

That's not why he said it. I've seen him trolling in at least one other Wii specific thread.

They should ban Mr. Roper, I've seen him in other Wii availability threads post the same thing too, it's just trolling and it is a somewhat videogame deal, as not everybody can find a Wii in certain part of the US and it helps knowing when exactly they have come out rather than getting the usual "BS response from a gaming associate" saying 2 - 6 weeks or later.

id say its a deal, especially since today is the first time i have ever seen a wii in a store since i bought mine on launch day.

Shouldn't this go into shopping discussions though? I could be wrong, but I really don't see it as a deal myself if you aren't saving anything. It is just more of an information thing than a deal.

If you haven't found a Wii by now, you definitely haven't been looking hard enough. Do they sit on shelves? No. But they defintely hit stores and online often enough that if you've been regularly been visiting, checking online or calling around since last November, you have had more than enough chances to get one. Not a deal.

[quote name='lawdood']If you haven't found a Wii by now, you definitely haven't been looking hard enough. Do they sit on shelves? No. But they defintely hit stores and online often enough that if you've been regularly been visiting, checking online or calling around since last November, you have had more than enough chances to get one. Not a deal.[/quote]

:roll: I would 100% agree with you but the last time I posted an opinion like that in one of these threads I almost got flamed completely out of the site.

[quote name='Chitown021']:roll: I would 100% agree with you but the last time I posted an opinion like that in one of these threads I almost got flamed completely out of the site.[/quote]
Well after almost a year of having to put up with "OMGZ Wii's are in stock!" in VG Deals, the lazy peeps who haven't found one yet should just deal with the criticism or post this stuff in regional/ Wii forums. It certainly doesn't take rocket science to figure out that every time Wii's are advertised in a store's Sunday ad, get your ass down there before the store opens that day and you'll have a pretty good chance of snagging one at least once.

Even if NYC is a bit of a trek they are always in stock at the Nintendo store in Rockefeller Center. I've been there once a month recently and they are always stacked to the ceiling. The TRU in Times Square is also flooded with them.

I should be banned for not being impressed by the wii.
And this is not a deal! Only a pathetic fanboy would disagree.

The official word on Wii (or any console) availability threads is that, in light of the holiday demand, they are allowed in the VGD forum if the availability is national.

If local stores have Wiis (or whatever else) and it is not part of a nation-wide restock, then users are encouraged to post in the Regional forums.

[quote name='Rocko']It must be such a chore to avoid this thread.[/quote]It's actually easier to bitch about them every time. Or at least that's the way it seems.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I should be banned for not being impressed by the wii.
And this is not a deal! Only a pathetic fanboy would disagree.[/QUOTE]
How old are you, 8?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Any PS3s? Its been tough to find those.[/quote]

It is tough to find the 20GB units and soon it will be hard to find the 60GB ones ;)

Not as hard to find as games worth playing on it.
[quote name='RESmonkey']Wiis are still hard to find?[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Not as hard to find as games worth playing on it.[/QUOTE]So true, my GS is completely out of Ratchet and Clank, Eye of Judgement, and Folklore. I'm not trolling, it's the truth.

Wiis are still hard enough to find that I think threads like this are justified.

You wouldn't consider it a sale, per se, if a rare game was available at retail price at a store...but it would definitely be worthy of a deal.

I just checked back on the thread and see people split on the deal/no deal thing.

As the OP I wouldn't catagorize this as a pure "deal". Though I felt like posting because it wasn't though I came across a couple. When I saw the palette of Wiis I was a bit taken aback. I have been looking for a Wii for quite a bit but I always was one step behind. This is the first time I actually saw any for sale since its release.

If it was a couple, I wouldn't have posted anything. Though since they are still very hard to come by in many regions with Christmas around the corner, and the quanity I saw I felt I should inform CAG's that may want one. Especially since I asked specifically if this was a one store thing. Once I heard it was company wide of getting a lot of them (she even metioned this is the most they have ever gotten) I thought it be nice gesture to inform CAG.

Again, no price break but I just wanted to give a heads up about a large amount coming in (if she was correct in her statement). So I believe both are right. If it just a couple, do not post but with it's huge demand and the amount I saw I thought it a good exception to the rule.

I just hoped I helped a couple CAG's out there by posting this. :D

[quote name='figcoinc']
I just hoped I helped a couple CAG's out there by posting this. :D[/quote]

amen, brother pope!

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I should be banned for not being impressed by the wii.[/quote]I agree, mods ban this dude! On a related note, I'm loving my Wii, I think it's becoming my favorite gaming system of all time. Why? Many reasons...

First Virtual Console is awesome, there are over 150 games on it already and many of them are awesome.

Second, I never had a GameCube so I'm just getting to play some of those GC games I missed like Prime 1&2, Zelda: Windwaker, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Zero, Tales of Symphonia, Mario Sunshine, Baten Kaitos, Pikmin, etc.

Third, I can finally get my wife, and other typically non-gaming people to have fun with me with games like Wii Sports, Rayman, Warioware, etc. My wife loves Trauma Center too.

Forth, though it's not flooded with great games I've had a lot of fun with Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Mario Strikers, Zack & Wiki, etc.

Finally, I love the User interface and the internet channel. Everything is so clean an intuitive and whenever someone is using the PC in my house I can easily go and browse my favorite sites or watch some youtube clips.

[quote name='botticus']It's actually easier to bitch about them every time. Or at least that's the way it seems.[/quote]

I fail to see the surprise here, all Rocko does is bitch like a little old lady.

People get pounced on here whenever they post something that's not a deal. I don't understand why Wii's being in stock should be immune from that, since it's clearly not a deal. But hey, it's not my forum... do what you like.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I fail to see the surprise here, all Rocko does is bitch like a little old lady.[/quote]
Are you being sarcastic, or did you misinterpret the joke?
Rocko was being level-headed ;)
botticus basically just explained Rocko's point.

if you apply for a target credit card, you can get 10% off..so, it'll come to about 225 + tax...that's a deal for me...

I heard the Target employees talking today (Sunday) as I preordered Super Mario Galaxy. I think I heard them mention that they had like 25. Maybe it was more, but I know the number ended in a five. In any case, they were sold out by that point (2PM).

it's a deal because you can get one, then trade it to a desperate soccer mom around Xmas time for sexual favors.

Apossum -- providing you with sensible business solutions since 2004.

I find most of the "I saw Wiis at retail" threads to be somewhat pointless, because:

A. Availability will still be completely dependant on individual stores, and

B. There are so many random Wiis to be found in the wild that you'd probably have better luck just running across one without looking than dashing to a local store as soon as you see a thread about it

I've seen Wiis in stock almost a dozen times since it was released without actively looking for it: twice at Gamestop, twice at Best Buy, two or three times at Shopko, and a few others in other stores. If you haven't gotten a Wii by now and have been trying to get one since launch, you're either incredibly unlucky, or you're looking in the wrong places and not noticing when they are in stock. At my Shopko they just have little tags next to a picture of a Wii that says "bring slip to register to purchase", and those usually last for a while because noone apparantly notices they aren't actually sold out.

On that note, if you really want one, check your local Pawn America. There's a chance they'll have one for under retail price (my local one had at least one in stock for over a week). Also where I saw 20GB PS3s for $320.

[quote name='Kayden']Not as hard to find as games worth playing on it.[/quote]Yeah. The good ones are almost always sold out wherever I go. I have had a real hard time finding some of the games.

I realize you were probably dissing on the selection. I don't know how much spare time most people have on their hands, but I don't have enough time to play all the great games I have for it now. And I don't have that many.

Target has been getting quite a few big shipments of wiis over the past few months.

As much as i think this more a testament to Nintendos incompetence and clever marketing rather than demand, I have only seen wii's in a store ONCE since they have been released (and i frequent several different stores that carry it), and it was at a target about a month ago, when they said they got a 30-50 shipment of it in back then as well, they even said they were able to hold onto them back then for a bit, saying they sold about "8" or so a day, so things are at least getting a little better.

I'd hate to keep this thread going but it's still a surprise to me whenever I see more than one wii in a display at a target, walmart, etc...

however I was even more surprised when I was at my local gamestop and the man after me asked if they had any wiis in stock.

I was expecting to hear "no sorry, we'll get them later this week"

But I was VERY surprised to hear "yeah we have about 30, let me get one for you."

Personally, to me, a "deal" is something that is cheaper than the market price - not always the MSRP. The market price being pretty close to what you would expect to pay on ebay. My thought being that if they are selling for $300 in places than that is the actual current value. If you can get one for $250, even though it is the MSRP and not all that hard to do if you put some work in, it is still a deal.

Another example would be something where the MSRP is too high. A game sells for $49.99 in the stores, but regularly goes for $10 on ebay. If somebody posted a deal where BB had it on sale for $39.99 plenty of people would chime in saying that it wasn't a deal because you could get it on ebay cheaper. I don't see why they don't reply the reverse when in the case of a Wii you can't always just go out and buy it for MSRP.

bread's done
Back